• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Frosty~

Pancakes are a girl's BFF
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2021
I don't know if anyone has posted about this bug yet but oh well. After derping around a bit I went back into Burned Tower and the script for Silver and the legendary dogs restarted. I don't have a picture for Silver but for the dogs/Eusine:

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
Badass hack so far man. I'm curious if you have a rough time frame for the beta 3 release?

Gigabyyyte

Exploring the world of Kalos!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2013
Hi, diegoisawesome! I'm a HUGE fan of your work. Dude, many of us are waiting for Beta 3. Not to piss you off, but when will you start working on it again? :) Haha. And once you do get back on CrystalDust, I hope you can make some swarms or roaming legendaries like HGSS have. It's even better if you can have some sort of Celebi event, for that matter. ;)

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
AWW WHY? BUT THE UGH should've waited for the orange islands to come out -_-
Think about it this way: if you'd waited for the Orange Islands, you'd be waiting for quite a while. This way, you get to play now.
This is the best second gen. remake I have ever seen!
More original and cleaner in mapping than other and cool asm stuff.
The FR style is also nice. The custom Gfx fits in perfectly.
Hopefully it will be finished sooner or later.

It seemed you are the only person who have managed to hack the glowing colour of rayquazas shilouette and the green colour when the Pokémon logo comes in.

Can you share the Offsets with us please?
That would be really cool for all Emerald hackers.
There are plenty other things you could add to your findings thread.

I read the hack would be very accurate to Crystal but will you add sevii islands and orange islands?
Sorry if someone ask that allready.

Good luck with this.
Thanks for the comments! In regards to the color modifications, I honestly don't feel too proud of the hacky method I used for Rayquaza's glow and am not planning to release it to the general public, and as for the color for when the Pokémon logo comes in, I don't remember that offset. And I'm only adding the Sevii Islands, not Orange Islands.
The best place to save a hack before waiting for a new beta is the Pokecenter.

Isn't it better to save in your bed in the starting town??
Both places aren't likely to be changed in upcoming updates, so it's up to you.
i started new game with latest patch
but after down stair in my room, i was teleported to lilicove city

i mean violet city not lilicove, hahaha...
and i dont get pokegear from my mom

All stair in goldenrod city dept. Store is error
stair in underground entrance is error
stair in radio tower is error
I have no clue what's up with your ROM, but everything works fine over here.
I really love this hack so far :D
Thanks!
Can you catch all the Pokémon in this game?
Not all of them yet, but by the time it's done, you should be able to catch all Pokémon available in Emerald.
I do believe that all pokes upto 3rd generations (maybe some legendaries are exceptional) are available in this hack

In the least, all games in GSC up to the end of the beta. Gen 3 pokemon are in the hack but they're much more rare than the default.
You guys are both wrong. There are no Gen III Pokémon available except by evolutions if applicable.
I don't know if anyone has posted about this bug yet but oh well. After derping around a bit I went back into Burned Tower and the script for Silver and the legendary dogs restarted. I don't have a picture for Silver but for the dogs/Eusine:
I'll look into what causes this. I haven't had much time to hack recently since I've been up to my ears in real life stuff.
Badass hack so far man. I'm curious if you have a rough time frame for the beta 3 release?
Please don't ask for release dates. The one time I gave a date out, it was delayed by a week or two.
Hi, diegoisawesome! I'm a HUGE fan of your work. Dude, many of us are waiting for Beta 3. Not to piss you off, but when will you start working on it again? :) Haha. And once you do get back on CrystalDust, I hope you can make some swarms or roaming legendaries like HGSS have. It's even better if you can have some sort of Celebi event, for that matter. ;)
I've promised myself that I would work on Shining Opal until the next beta was released and not progress any on CrystalDust's story, and I'm going to keep that promise. Though I release periodic updates with new features and whatnot, I try to work on Shining Opal as much as I can.
And as for new legendary events, of course I'll have them in for Beta 3.

Now for an announcement. Coming soon to CrystalDust, an amazing creation by shiny quagsire:

Available right after I sort out my IRL stuff.

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
The new player's house and prof elm's lab look fantastic!

And that revamped crystal opening is stunning, I like the colors used in it, and that seismic toss effect on suicune and the unowns works perfect. :)

Some problems I've found during my play of the newest beta:
When i turn on the GB Player, there's no nostalgic sounds (mute background), when i go back to the original fr/lg sounds, the sounds do come back though.

edit:

also i'd like to know if this can be changed:
pokedex_listing_zps79e56a44.png

I think the texts went past the margin (to be much near the orange borderlines of the dex entry), can this be adjusted so that they are centered only on the white space? :)

note that there are quite a lot of pokemon that have this, onix, and bellsprout to name a few, i haven't obtained much in my dex to distinguish each and every pokemon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2024
Think about it this way: if you'd waited for the Orange Islands, you'd be waiting for quite a while. This way, you get to play now.

Thanks for the comments! In regards to the color modifications, I honestly don't feel too proud of the hacky method I used for Rayquaza's glow and am not planning to release it to the general public, and as for the color for when the Pokémon logo comes in, I don't remember that offset. And I'm only adding the Sevii Islands, not Orange Islands.

Both places aren't likely to be changed in upcoming updates, so it's up to you.

I have no clue what's up with your ROM, but everything works fine over here.

Thanks!

Not all of them yet, but by the time it's done, you should be able to catch all Pokémon available in Emerald.

You guys are both wrong. There are no Gen III Pokémon available except by evolutions if applicable.

I'll look into what causes this. I haven't had much time to hack recently since I've been up to my ears in real life stuff.

Please don't ask for release dates. The one time I gave a date out, it was delayed by a week or two.

I've promised myself that I would work on Shining Opal until the next beta was released and not progress any on CrystalDust's story, and I'm going to keep that promise. Though I release periodic updates with new features and whatnot, I try to work on Shining Opal as much as I can.
And as for new legendary events, of course I'll have them in for Beta 3.

Now for an announcement. Coming soon to CrystalDust, an amazing creation by shiny quagsire:

Available right after I sort out my IRL stuff.
I knew this would come after shiny_quagsire released his stuff. Good work S_Q!

Frosty~

Pancakes are a girl's BFF
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2021
I was wondering, even though this is supposed to be a "99%" accurate remake of Pokemon Crystal, are you going to input some aesthetic changes like the BW2 Repel System By Darthatron or mugshots with every battle or even Pokemon following you? But I love this hack, and I hope by the next beta I can still use my old save file.

Years
not compatible with my gpsphone.... the version after the eructeak gym fix is not supporting gpsphone i suppose... the game always shows white screen every time I launch it.. I really want to play this game on my iphone though...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
I've been trying to get the 2nd beta to work on my visual boy but whenever I load up the patch into my emerald and start the game, it just gives me a white screen.....Is there anything else I need to do when patching the beta on to my emerald or am I missing something?

Years
GOODJOB! this honestly is one of the best roms i have ever played. i thank you so much for putting youre time into this but a few questions.....

1. where is wooper and mareep? it says belove dark cave but i searched for about a hour and no luck:/ i also looked where they usually are but still no luck

2. i thought dratini could b bought in the game corner?

Years
I've been trying to get the 2nd beta to work on my visual boy but whenever I load up the patch into my emerald and start the game, it just gives me a white screen.....Is there anything else I need to do when patching the beta on to my emerald or am I missing something?
Also if what ElitePokes says is not working, try another clean Emerald ROM and patch with it again

Years
Sorry idk if im missing something but whenever i beat the elite four ive got no call from elm and when i call him or visit him he keeps talking about the egg and to tell him when it hatched....(it hatched awhile back and i visited him with togepi in the 1st slot yet he still asks about the EGG) please help me anyone

Back