• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
*sighs*

Ok, here's the story. I decided to get another Ruby so that I could have another game to soft reset for Latias on (yes, I know, I'm obsessed). However, I had always longed for a shiny Mudkip, so, I asked myself "Why not soft reset for it?". And so I did. After about three hours of hunting, this is hat I got:

ShinyPoochy.jpg
PoochyPic.jpg

About this Radar stuff. There is no WAY I'd stay in the club if they banned Radaring, because in no way is it a cheat or hack. The only reason it makes Shunting easier is because you can find the same Pokemon again and again. There's still the 1/8192 chance of finding a Shiny, so it's not really upping anything. Most people complained back in the day because finding a Shiny in teh grass was freaking hard because of all of the other Pokemon that jumped out. So NOW, people are complaining because of how easy it is! Make up your minds! I personally think the Radar is a nice way to get a Shiny, but I also agree that multiple Shinies in one chain is weak. I think the only rule that I would consider (dunno what you people want) is not counting two or more of the same Shiny that was caught in one chain.

<I>Kobra<I>
I don't really see where people are getting this notion that the PokeRadar would be "banned"...it's an item that was put in the game by Nintendo for us to use without outside help (i.e., cheating devices or "wonder spots") Therefore, using it to get a shiny is legit. We know that. However, I will acknowledge the fact that there is absolutely nothing stopping any of us here to claim we "randomly" found a shiny in the grass while we in actuality, we were using the PokeRadar. It's just a matter of trust I guess. I also disagree that there should be any rules on getting shinies with the PokeRadar. If you have the guts to try to get more than one shiny in one chain with the PokeRadar, I say go for it. I'll tell you right now though, there aren't going to be very many people happy with you.

King Kobra said:
The only reason it makes Shunting easier is because you can find the same Pokemon again and again.
You do realize that soft resetting, breeding, and fishing (with the Old Rod) is EXACTLY the same thing, do you not?

King Kobra said:
There's still the 1/8192 chance of finding a Shiny, so it's not really upping anything.
Actually it is. I'm not EXACTLY sure how the PokeRadar works, but I believe when you use it, a couple of patches of grass shake. A COUPLE. That means you are actually encountering 3-4 Pokemon at once. It's like 4 people reaching into a bag to get a blue sphere instead of just one. There's a higher chance a blue sphere will be pulled out if 4 people try to get it instead of just one person, no? It is upping something, and that is what makes it so controversial. Furthermore, you can tell if the Pokemon is shiny without even encountering it! It's WAY faster than soft resetting. There is absolutely nothing equal about them, imo.

King Kobra said:
Most people complained back in the day because finding a Shiny in teh grass was freaking hard because of all of the other Pokemon that jumped out. So NOW, people are complaining because of how easy it is! Make up your minds!
Um, just randomly running around in the grass and using the PokeRadar are two completely different things. Why do people find shinies so easily when using the PokeRadar? It's because they are encountering 3 or 4 Pokemon at a time, and they know exactly which patch to step in to encounter the shiny. Can you say you are doing the same thing when you are randomly running in the grass looking for a shiny Ponyta? I think not.

Last edited:

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
Ok, here's the story. I decided to get another Ruby so that I could have another game to soft reset for Latias on (yes, I know, I'm obsessed). However, I had always longed for a shiny Mudkip, so, I asked myself "Why not soft reset for it?". And so I did. After about three hours of hunting, this is hat I got:

ShinyPoochy.jpg
PoochyPic.jpg

I don't really see where people are getting this notion that the PokeRadar would be "banned"...it's an item that was put in the game by Nintendo for us to use without outside help (i.e., cheating devices or "wonder spots") Therefore, using it to get a shiny is legit. We know that. However, I will acknowledge the fact that there is absolutely nothing stopping any of us here to claim we "randomly" found a shiny in the grass while we in actuality, we were using the PokeRadar. It's just a matter of trust I guess. I also disagree that there should be any rules on getting shinies with the PokeRadar. If you have the guts to try to get more than one shiny in one chain with the PokeRadar, I say go for it. I'll tell you right now though, there aren't going to be very many people happy with you.

You do realize that soft resetting, breeding, and fishing (with the Old Rod) is EXACTLY the same thing, do you not?

Actually it is. I'm not EXACTLY sure how the PokeRadar works, but I believe when you use it, a couple of patches of grass shake. A COUPLE. That means you are actually encountering 3-4 Pokemon at once. It's like 4 people reaching into a bag to get a blue sphere instead of just one. There's a higher chance a blue sphere will be pulled out if 4 people try to get it instead of just one person, no? It is upping something, and that is what makes it so controversial. Furthermore, you can tell if the Pokemon is shiny without even encountering it! It's WAY faster than soft resetting. There is absolutely nothing equal about them, imo.

Um, just randomly running around in the grass and using the PokeRadar are two completely different things. Why do people find shinies so easily when using the PokeRadar? It's because they are encountering 3 or 4 Pokemon at a time, and they know exactly which patch to step in to encounter the shiny. Can you say you are doing the same thing when you are randomly running in the grass looking for a shiny Ponyta? I think not.

LOL for once I agree XD nuff said XP

still not actively hunting anything shiny just rc gathering and hatching eggs so nothing else to say really , laters !

Years
Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you, Dialga #13,567:
17-JadalgaL47b.jpg

I was totally freaked when I looked back down at my DS screen, as I had been ignoring it for around half a minute. Little did I expect to see that vibrant green thing staring back! I was about to call it a night at 13,558, but after grabbing my snack, I came back and did a few more.

The video is finally uploaded, so take a look:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnhPuQi0lGc

After 4 weeks, I finally have my game back! I can finally get that last badge, beat the Leet, and join in the Pokéradar madness!

Copying and pasting between forums is the latest fad, yeah? Well, I got a hard earned shiny, so I have the right to be lazy with a few posts! ;)

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
Better late than never, I suppose. Well done, MM on Dialga.

I have been going through Hell at the Battle Tower trying to save up for a Choice Scarf. I had to use two of my non-EV trained team from the start of the game along with my shiny Sharpedo. They beat Palmer and got a 30-win streak but then this lucky Abomasnow ruined everything. It OHKOed Sharpedo AND Staraptor, but my Roserade finished it off. However after that, the trainer sent in an Infernape. I was done for. This morning I finally got one Scarf though.

Gligar has evolved and is currently being EV trained. It's only a matter of time before the 3 Coruscating Crushers are ready for battle.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Hehe, congrats, MM! It has a Modest nature like you wanted it, too! If it has a special attack stat of 176, it has 31 IVs there. ;) Now I want one.

I just woke up three and a half minutes ago. I will begin triple soft resetting for Dialga, Mudkip, and Latias simultaneously.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Congrats MM.
Lots more shiny's being caught now the new games are out.
I will start my hunt on fire red for any shiny. At the inute im not bothered what i get I just want to get one.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
Well congrats MM, looks like perseverance pays off after all, the video made me laugh with the running commentary, though I'm just glad you didn't stick an MCR song on for backing music.

Oooh too bad Fufu, I'd hate if that happened to me, one of the reasons I never SRed for any of the starters.

I don't think I'll be hunting tonight as I'm going to my friends 21st and won't have my DS handy so I'll get going again on sunday.

Pokemon Breeder Zoria

Normal Type Master
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2008
Wow. I had a Cherubi and asked for Dialga and GTS, and got a Shiny legit one. 0.0 But that dosen't count, cause I didn't find her myself!
DIALGA
Lv. 80
OT: BLUE
Item: Adamant orb
Bashful Nature
May 8. 2007
Spear Pillar
Apparently met at Lv. 47.
Somewhat vain.
Happily eats anything. (*stuffs in shiny box*)

I myself have hatched 63 treekos and no shiny one yet... it gets quite tedious after awhile, but, meh. It'll be worth it after awhile.
I plan on taking a break at around 4:00 my time (in 1 hour and 47 minutes.) And take time to EV train Kaboom, my Voltorb, Shiny Palkia, and Crowfrost the Aerodactyl. (Non shiny.)

I am going to aim for Shiny Zapdos on Fire Red, and thats final..

(P.S: What is Soft Reseting? Sorry to sound like a noob... ^.^')

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Soft-resetting is where you play a GBA game and hold in Start, Select, A, and B all at the same time. It resets the game, without turning it off, so it's easier and faster. That's how you would get Legendaries and such shiny. You would save before encountering/touching them, see if they're shiny; if not, SR.

This place has been giving me fits with "Database Error".

Congrats MM. What was your snack? :P

Also, I have an idea. I don't have any clue where you would get it, but if you could you could get the sprite for the PokeRadar and put it on the Pokemon that are on those little cards, presenting that they were caught with the PokeRadar. You could also use the egg sprite for hatched shinies, but even I think that would involve a little too much work. It's a suggestion, anyhoo.

My DS hombrewing device broke. =/ The SD card won't lock in. So I transferred all my Wifi data back to my DSLite (couldn't connect to wifi using MSN DS with DSLite), and gave the Budew a Soothe Bell and I've been riding around trying to make it love me. I think it's one of those that gets more of a boost elsewhere, because FINALLY it got 1 heart. I need two. Once I have 2 I'll save, use a rare candy, and see if it evolves. If it doesn't, I'll SR and ride around somemore. If it does, I'll fly to Pastoria and re-learn Leech Seed, and prepare to raise my little rose. I still have some thinking to do though. I'm pretty sure I have the moveset ready however.

Since all this has went on, I haven't been able to search for my own Gligar. I tried this morning but very bad lighting meant broken chains.
I actually need to get my shinies ready instead of searching for more right now. But I have such a hard time deciding just exactly what I should do with them. But I easily forget that this isn't NetBattle, and anyone who tries to get perfect IVs on one Pokemon and such takes the game a little too seriously, and the stuff I do is extremely casual and that I shouldn't worry so much.

Congrats and good luck everyone.
-DDD

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Oooh too bad Fufu, I'd hate if that happened to me, one of the reasons I never SRed for any of the starters.
Meh, it's happened so many times, I don't think too much about it. Besides, shiny starters make up almost 1/3 of my shiny collection. I hope to one day get all the shiny starters in their final forms (but getting ALL of them like shido wants to do would be cool, too).

Meh, back to my old format, I guess

Diamond :: Dialga
Pearl :: Turtwig
FireRed :: Can't decide (currently at Moltres, but that'll most likely change soon.)
LeafGreen :: Bulbasaur
Ruby1 :: Latias
Ruby2(days) :: Mudkip (hope you got the joke)
Sapphire :: JIRACHI
Emerald1 :: Nothing, preparing for mass cloning items, level 91 Pick Uppers, etc.
Emerald2 :: Latias

Meh, I wish I had another FireRed...I would soft reset for another Charmander on it if I could get one. Wish me luck!

Last edited:

Pokemon Breeder Zoria

Normal Type Master
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2008
Okay, I started an emerald game. Exept it is on an emulator, and all 386 pokemon are obtainable without hacking. I will go for Shiny Mew once I get the ticket...

Also, I have SRed for about, 48 times. No Shiny Zapdos yet.

Emerald: Mew (soon)
Fire Red: Zapdos (Thanks Sceptile for telling me what SRing is.)
Diamond: Treecko (Over 80 hatched and still no shiny...)

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
Just training up my 2 shinies, and while fighting Gliscor against a Gastrodon, I discovered that the move Roost has a dark secret. It makes flyers & levitators vulnerable to Ground moves for the turn it was used on. Shocking. And bad news for Skarmory. When I Roosted and Gastrodon's Mud Bomb hit me I thought "WTF?! That's not right!" It took me a few secconds to realise what caused it though.

Also I put Houndoom in the Day Care and its Dark Pulse got deleted, so if anone here has a spare Dark Pulse TM, could we discuss a trade?

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Just training up my 2 shinies, and while fighting Gliscor against a Gastrodon, I discovered that the move Roost has a dark secret. It makes flyers & levitators vulnerable to Ground moves for the turn it was used on. Shocking. And bad news for Skarmory. When I Roosted and Gastrodon's Mud Bomb hit me I thought "WTF?! That's not right!" It took me a few secconds to realise what caused it though.

Also I put Houndoom in the Day Care and its Dark Pulse got deleted, so if anone here has a spare Dark Pulse TM, could we discuss a trade?

This is nothing new at all...this was discovered shortly after the game was released in Japan. And isn't Dark Pulse a level up move for Houndoom? If so, you could just use the Move Tutor.

Resetting for Jirachi will start tomorrow, as soon as I wake up actually. I'll be resetting for Dialga, Latias, and Mudkip (I'll be switching, obviously) while I'm going for Jirachi. Let's hope that I get it sooner than later. ^^ Good luck, everyone.

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
Well, Hi just wondering if I can join, I hunt for shiny's using the pokeradar, except for one legendary that I will SR until I get, although I am not going to tell you's :P

Currently I have 2 ponyta's caught with the pokeradar I traded one to my friend though (Richard Steel on this forum) , will post pics, but got to get camera, besides that, I am hunting for Ralts and Bagon then probably Skarmory and chansey.

So can I join?

Pokemon Breeder Zoria

Normal Type Master
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2008
Good Morning Shiny Hunters! (Sorry. I had coffee. :P)

After 5 hours of me fumbling around with my camera, I got it to work. But the pictures are horrible. D= I hope you can red the words... cause they Palkia and Dialga are Legit...

The First Box Of Treeckos:
62xdrg7.jpg

Second Box:
66xk26c.jpg

Third Box:
4vrfoyx.jpg

Shiny Dialga:
6h8cord.jpg

Shiny Palkia: (Look REAL close and the two words in red will be Spear Pillar...)
67o7udc.jpg

Shiny Voltorb:
4l47gq9.jpg

Yes, I know, they are horrible and blurry... *sigh* I'm gonna go train the Voltorb now. EV train it, at least. (Train it in Attack.)
P.S: I am still training that stinking Marill on Emerald. D=

shinyGeo

Part heeler, Part Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2007
Congrats MM im in the 12,000's with rotom and still nothing...what sucks even more is i can only SR at night...during the day i try to pokeradar any of the swarm pokemon of the day and fridays i spend SRing for Drifloon im close to 7,000 for drifloon....

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Well, my brother is currently hogging the only TV in the house that we use for gaming to play the Wii, so I'm not hunting for Jirachi right now. I've changed up my hunts a bit as well; on my older Ruby, I'm hunting for Beldum again. I was looking at some sprites, and I saw Beldum. I guess looking at the shiny sprite rekindled my interest. I'm also going to resume hunting for Suicune on the GC, starting next week. Heh, I believe I now have ten targets that I can actually hunt...and then there's Lugia that I will hunt eventually. :D

Wish me luck.

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
This is nothing new at all...this was discovered shortly after the game was released in Japan. And isn't Dark Pulse a level up move for Houndoom? If so, you could just use the Move Tutor.

Dark Pulse is not naturally learned by Houndoom. I guess this may be a good time to open a Trading thread. My team are now at their BT/competitive ready levels, I just need some berries to switch around Sharpedo's EVs, and Houndoom's Dark Pulse.

Did a couple of Rotom SRs last night, but I probably won't make a habit of it.

Back