• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What pokeball do you use to catch Legendaries?

What pokeball do you use to catch legend in B&W

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyb3r0t4ku

Unova Elite
Years
Usually Ultra balls - spend my spare cash on them with memories of catching Rayquaza in Ruby... The battle took about 300 hours and five million balls. The safety of Ultra balls is comforting. I tend not to use a master ball for Legendaries just incase I come across an even more legendary Legendary.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
What ball did you catch Reshiram/Zekrom in?

As the title suggests what ball did you catch Reshiram/Zekrom in and how hard was it to catch in your opinion.

Personally I caught my Zekrom in a Luxury Ball. I caught it on my first go to! But after I looked it up this is probably because Reshiram/Zekrom have a catch rate of 45 (the same as Beedrill or Onix).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
As the title suggests what ball did you catch Reshiram/Zekrom in and how hard was it to catch in your opinion.

Personally I caught my Zekrom in a Luxury Ball. I caught it on my first go to! But after I looked it up this is probably because Reshiram/Zekrom have a catch rate of 45 (the same as Beedrill or Onix).

These two are kinda similar - except this one covers everything, so I merged them!

Anyways, I used a Great Ball on Victini and I plan to do so on all other legendaries. :3

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
Years
eh it depends on if i am feeling up to a challange. if i am then i will only use pokeballs and if not then i will use whatever i have

Notworking15

Wait...WHAT?!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 29, 2011
somehow i was able to catch Reshiram with just one (yes, ONE) ultra ball, i couldn't tell if it was fixed or i was just real lucky. and out of all the balls i threw, victini was caught with a regular pokeball...

Years
I try to use Pokeballs, I like it when they come out for battle and you see the original pokeball.

But I tend to end up catching them in either a dusk or ultra ball, I only use the Master Ball on the roaming Pokemon.

Novia

Psyduck Fangirl <3
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2011
I always use ultra balls to try to catch them, though I use ultra balls to catch every pokemon so it's not anything special.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
For Zekrom I caught it in the first Dusk Ball that I threw. For the other legendaries, chances are I'll be tossing random types and seeing which one it ends up with.

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2011
For me, Ultra Balls are the most effective. But when it comes to legendaries, I also use some status effective attacks, and lower their hp. Like how they always taught you to catch pokemon.

I remember that one time, I didn't know I used my master ball on a Sigilyph. That's when I learned to save regularly.

Spanner226

Millefiore Mechanic
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2011
you all must be luckiest people in world how do you freakin catch pokemon like zekrom and stuff with a pokeball?
A lot of the mascot legendaries these days(Dialga, Palkia, Zekrom, etc.) EXCEPT Giritina have the catch rate of a chatot.

Which, in fact, is 45.

-Castiel-

Reign Of Fire
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 15, 2011
well i dont have the odd normal ball thing!
i only try against legendaries
But i do have a tendency to use Timer Balls!

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
Years
Caught:
-Zekrom: Ultra Ball
-Thundurus: Master Ball
-Tornadus: Master Ball
-Reshiram: Ultra Ball
-Cobalion: Ultra Ball
-Virizion: Heal Ball
-Terrakion: Ultra Ball

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
A lot of the mascot legendaries these days(Dialga, Palkia, Zekrom, etc.) EXCEPT Giritina have the catch rate of a chatot.

Which, in fact, is 45.

That would explain why I got Zekrom with one ultra ball. It was paralysed and its health was at red, but I still expected it to take a hundred or so ultra balls like the likes of legendaries in previous versions.

Giraffe

キリンリキ
Years
I caught Victini in my third Ultra Ball.

I don't plan on using my Master Ball for the other Legendaries -- Unless they happen to be Shiny.

Adam.

Knowledge isn't everything.
Years
I'm trying to use Pokeballs on all the Legendaries I catch as I want all of them to match (currently caught Victini, Zekrom and Kyurem with just Pokeballs).

I did use my Masterball on Tornadus, though as I didn't want to go through the bother (plus I was confident at the time that I could catch other Legendaries with Pokeballs).

Although, the Reshiram I got off the GTS (for my Tornadus) came in an Ultra Ball...
Annoying really...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back