• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
If I have no other choice then to replace another pokemon is there any way to omit the GHOST pokemon I put into the game from the pokedex?

Since it's not a pokemon, it can't be added to the dex. It just has stats and a name
Plus since it's a special, it's not exactly stable with any data either
So replacing another mon is the way to go (unless you wanna go through the trouble of adding Pokemon)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
You didn't repoint the sprite's offset. The old data is not glitched because it's not free space

I don't like to admit it, but I'm still having a little trouble. xD I thought I knew what I was doing wrong but uuuh, still not fixed. :s

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2023
Since it's not a pokemon, it can't be added to the dex. It just has stats and a name
Plus since it's a special, it's not exactly stable with any data either
So replacing another mon is the way to go (unless you wanna go through the trouble of adding Pokemon)
I understand that but if I replace a pokemon that means I would have to give the GHOST a pokedex entry seeing as all I'm doing is overwriting something previously in the pokedex and I was wondering if there was a way to avoid having to do that (mostly for sake of plot and because well GHOST isn't a real pokemon). I know I'm probably trying to do things that are way over my head but I came here with an idea in my head and a will to learn so if I can have help understanding exactly what all I'll have to do then I can start learning the things needed to complete my tasks.

GoGoJJTech

Years
I understand that but if I replace a pokemon that means I would have to give the GHOST a pokedex entry seeing as all I'm doing is overwriting something previously in the pokedex and I was wondering if there was a way to avoid having to do that (mostly for sake of plot and because well GHOST isn't a real pokemon). I know I'm probably trying to do things that are way over my head but I came here with an idea in my head and a will to learn so if I can have help understanding exactly what all I'll have to do then I can start learning the things needed to complete my tasks.

So go to Qwilfish
Replace all its data with GHOST's data
Then you'll have GHOST as a pokemon

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
I am using JPANs hack applier for my ROM and for setting a new healing place, I use this script

setvar 0x405A 0x405
setvar 0x405B 0x7
setvar 0x405C 0x4

However, now I need to make a healing place that isn't a POKeMON center. Cause right now when I set my healing place to anything, it will show the pokeballs and nurse joy will say her thing, anyway I can change it so when I respawn no one says anything? Please let me know! Thanks!

GoGoJJTech

Years
Yes, but what about the issue of then having to give GHOST a pokedex entry? Is there no way to avoid that?

Nope sorry man. Type one of your own genius XD

I am using JPANs hack applier for my ROM and for setting a new healing place, I use this script

setvar 0x405A 0x405
setvar 0x405B 0x7
setvar 0x405C 0x4

However, now I need to make a healing place that isn't a POKeMON center. Cause right now when I set my healing place to anything, it will show the pokeballs and nurse joy will say her thing, anyway I can change it so when I respawn no one says anything? Please let me know! Thanks!

Nope no way. It will go and read the location, but the script will happen. So you will need a Joy and a PC tv there somewhere to pull it off

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Nope no way. It will go and read the location, but the script will happen. So you will need a Joy and a PC tv there somewhere to pull it off

There isn't even some type of ASM thingy I can add (NOTE: I know nothing about ASM but i'm assuming with ASM, I would be able to add something along those lines)

If anyone knows how to add something like that via ASM please PM me!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Specify the trouble please

Well, here are some screenshots that might help. I'm still having a bit of trouble seeing where I'm going wrong.

http://imgur.com/a/mTk9l

Also, my offsets:

New OW Table Offset - 900000 (screenshot 1)
New OW Offset - 910000 (screenshot 2)
Frame Data Pointer Offset - 920000 (screenshot 3)
Frame Data Offset - 930000 (screenshot 4)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2019
Hey guys,
Just 2 questions:
1) How to add new pokemon to firered without deleting old?
2) Is it possible to make 5 starters instead of 3.

Neti

Inactive
Years
I have another question about region maps. I managed to insert it and I am able to recolor it properly.
There's just one little thing that's bothering me:
When I open the freshly inserted region map, theres a blue rectangle at the bottom right where there should actually be tiles. also, just right of that there's the 2 normal grey border tile, which I actually inserted with a wrong color (compare the rest of the border at the screenshot) and didn't change yet.

Why is that happening and how can I fix it?
Here's the screenshot, don't worry about the colors they're gonna be changed. And the blurryness was added by me cause the map is still secret at the moment.
map.png

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Hey guys,
Just 2 questions:
1) How to add new pokemon to firered without deleting old?
2) Is it possible to make 5 starters instead of 3.

First question:
I think you can't since you need extra space, that's what I know.
Only way to add new sprites is by replacing them.

Second question:
Starters in FireRed was used with script.
But the feature in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald was in a Bag so it's impossible to add 2 more.
Unless you don't use that script and make a new one. But I think you can add through I don't know, ASM?

Neti

Inactive
Years
I have another question about region maps. I managed to insert it and I am able to recolor it properly.
There's just one little thing that's bothering me:
When I open the freshly inserted region map, theres a blue rectangle at the bottom right where there should actually be tiles. also, just right of that there's the 2 normal grey border tile, which I actually inserted with a wrong color (compare the rest of the border at the screenshot) and didn't change yet.

Why is that happening and how can I fix it?
Here's the screenshot, don't worry about the colors they're gonna be changed. And the blurryness was added by me cause the map is still secret at the moment.
map.png

I've got more info on my problem: its exactly 8 tiles that are wrong. 8 is always a number that gets my attention for a good reason... anybody got an idea?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years

setvar 0x405A 0x405
setvar 0x405B 0x7
setvar 0x405C 0x4

There isn't even some type of ASM thingy I can add (NOTE: I know nothing about ASM but i'm assuming with ASM, I would be able to add something along those lines)

If anyone knows how to add something like that via ASM please PM me!

No. gogo, this is one of the times where you are wrong. Tell me, what happens when you go to your hometown, talk to your mom, then lose? You go back to her, and there isn't a pokeball animation. Don't you think this part was kind of important? Why would JPAN make a hack like this, but not include a way to not have to have it be a pokemon center?

Awipe1: Look at the documentation for sethealingplace in JPAN's hacked instruction manual.doc, which came with the engine. It explains how to do this.

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Hi, I have a question.
Is there a way to implement a B/W or D/P/Pt Ability such as snow warning or light metal
to a GBA Pokemon game?

surfer treecko

help, how do I...?
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
I am trying to convert the following images into 16-bit palletted so I can insert them into an Emerald ROM with Overworld editor.

Spoiler:

Usually for this I use Mode... Index Colour with photoshop, and then save the images as a 16 bit bmp, however whenever I try that with these images I don't get the option to do so.

Spoiler:

Do you know any alternate methods I could use to convert them? Alternatively, do you know why these images can't be converted? Please try to give detailed step-by-step instructions rather than just saying something like "use GIMP", I'm not particularly well versed with this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back