• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Hi, guys! I was bored today and decided to do a casual/random hunt for something (even though I thought I wouldn't hunt for a few weeks), and settled on a quick Chikorita hunt. On the 43rd egg, he hatched! He's a sassy nature, so I got real lucky.

Pics:
Spoiler:

A fun fact I'd like to share is that on my last casual hunt (Meowth), shiny Meowth also hatched on the 43rd egg... Creepy? I think yes.

Good luck to everybody hunting, and congrats on the new shinies! :3 Especially PokéTrainer87's Charmander, which I myself haven't been able to get yet.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
After some thought I've decided to go for these pokemon...
092.gif
123.gif
227.gif
627.gif

I'm planning to get them via masuda method, just like how I got ralts last time :) It'll probably take quite a while though (by that I mean possibly months)... with all the schoolwork I have to do and a research paper = (>O.O')>

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
It's Friday! You know what that means:

• Tomorrow is Saturday, and Sunday comes afterwards, so we should have lots of free time to hunt! :cer_laugh:
  • I get to resume my Drifloon hunt. I had moved away when I got SoulSilver so that I could trade over the Johto starters for Pokedex purposes, but now I'm back saved in front of the perpetually purple ghost.
  • You can now SR for a shiny Musharna!
  • The Litwick race continues! I'm now up to 2530 Litwick/Elgyem encounters.
  • I've seen 4330 Pokemon in Unova overall. I'm more than halfway to the point at which I can say "I should have a shiny by now!"
  • New banner! I was going to wait until I had another shiny to make a new banner, but compared to some of the better ones around, mine just looked really bad, "lol."
  • No more worrying about 7 AM waking up in the morning. We finally have a couple of days to sleep in and rest, so we won't miss any shinies! A shiny hunter gotta be fresh, so now we can perform our best and live in the shiny hunting fast lane.
  • The time is going, ticking on and on. Each day is a potential opportunity for a shiny!

Hey quick question here? how are you hunting in b/w. I don't think there is chaining anymore, so what is the easiest way to get a shiny/hunt for one? B/W only.

The easiest way is the Masuda Method - breed two Pokemon from different countries, and your egg has a 1/1366 chance of producing a shiny. As a plus, you get to put egg moves on these shinies! It's like you can have your bowl and your cereal, too!

You can also soft reset for non-Reshiram, Zekrom, and Victini one-off Pokemon, like Cobalion, Kyurem, Musharna, and Pansage.

My favorite method, however, is the traditional encounter. Run into grass, and see Pokemon! If it's not shiny, faint it or run. :pink_wink:

Fun, fun, think about fun. You know what it is. Enjoy hunting!

What's up guys!! I just got myself a shiny charmander from prof oaks lab on my Soul Silver!!! I'm soooo happy! The best thing is that it happened while SRing for a modest nature. I wasn't even trying to get it through SRing. I've been MMing on my Black version but who knew I would get it this way. It's a naive nature:/ but why should I complain it's a shiny!!!

Congratulations! We we we so excited! It's always awesome to get a shiny when you're not looking for one. What's even more incredible is that this is a shiny you were hunting on another game! "lol" that's awesome.

Hi, guys! I was bored today and decided to do a casual/random hunt for something (even though I thought I wouldn't hunt for a few weeks), and settled on a quick Chikorita hunt. On the 43rd egg, he hatched! He's a sassy nature, so I got real lucky.

A fun fact I'd like to share is that on my last casual hunt (Meowth), shiny Meowth also hatched on the 43rd egg... Creepy? I think yes.

Congrats! :pink_boogie: *partying, partying, yeah*

That is pretty funny that you got two shinies in the exact same number of eggs! It's like those conspiracy theories that claim that everybody's Russian. What might be even more amazing is that you got two shinies so quickly, "lol." The average for Masuda is a shiny in every 1366 eggs, but you got 2 in 86!

Good luck to everyone on your hunts! We gotta get down and get some shinies! We already had a good week with PokeTrainer87 and NightOfRemorse getting shinies; if we can get two shinies during the week, imagine how many we'll get over the weekend! It's going to be fun, fun, fun, fun! *looking forward to the weekend*

To anyone who's considering giving up: don't! There comes a time in each shiny hunter's life where you must decide where you will sit in the Shiny Hall of Fame. Will you persevere and strive to sit in the front, or will you give up and be relegated to be sitting with the shinyless spectators? I urge everyone to ask themselves the fundamental question of the shiny hunter:

"Gotta make my mind up - which seat can I take?"

EDIT: I asked myself that question, and I made the decision to remain determined in my quest. 2800 Litwick

EDIT II: 3000 Litwick

EDIT III: 3350 Litwick; that's 1170 enounters in 25 hours. At this rate, I should be getting a shiny every 7.293 days! And that's not even considering the fact that I also SRed for Drifloon for a few hours...

Last edited:

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Hey everyone! Sorry for not updating, I have been very busy with school work, getting ready for exams and such.

I've completely updated the first post.

Right now I am not hunting, I am just playing through HG when I can.

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
Somebody just offered me a HACKED Terikion on GTS Negotiations, it was caught with a dream ball. Somebody else had Kyurem, but I lost their connection.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
Ehhh hacked :( That's not good. I decided to take a break from IV breeding my Gen V comp team. i have 2/6 done, so I am working on my Shiny Elekid ^_^

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
A reminder to all:

This is not a trade thread, nor a thread for discussion of cheats. Please make sure your posts have more to them than that.

vagrantwanderer

Saturated Sarcasm
Years
Still grinding on the damn Oshawott. I must be at least over 1000 SRs now, but still no luck. I'm going to take a break next week while doing finales-- hopefully I'll get one soon!

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
Weeeeeeeell, I guess I'll tell you guys my current hunts.

Mandibuzz - About 105 RE's and counting with repel trick and a Level 60 Karrablast. Others who want this shiny? Go to the village bridge where the dark grass is in the back. Its Mandibuzz rich.

Cobalion - 205 SR's

630s.gif
638s.gif

Oh, and if anyones wondering where I get animated shiny sprites, go to this site:http://dialgafans.pytalhost.de/index.html

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
So far I've hatched:
56 Snivy
94 Litwick
25 Staryu
13 Eevee

I plan on starting hunts for Sandile and Axew soon. I'm only hatching Litwicks right now.

Besides that, I've had 3,819 wild Pokémon encounters without finding a single shiny.

G-Money's pace is incredible. The only thing that gives me a chance is the Masuda method. About half of the Litwicks that I hatch are Timid, which is the best nature for it.

Last edited:

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
hi everyone, congrats on new catches/hatches.

Nothing new for now except a couple of chained keckleon a week ago aprox.

Had been studying most of the time.

Currently stopped the nosepass hatches and changed it for some hunts I had pending for some time.

See you soon and happy hunting.

Years
Hi everyone! =3 I'm new on this forum, but I'm shiny hunting for almost two years now. Maybe some of you know me from youtube and Serebii. I'm MrShinySoft on youtube and ShyniHunter on the Serebii forums. At the moment I'm not hunting, but I'm gonna resume my hunt on Shiny Chimchar in Platinum today.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!! YES!!! YES!!! I GOT SHINY ELGYEM!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOO!!!! HAHA, THE DROUGHT IS OVER!!! WHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, this is awesome. Celestial Tower encounter #4196 was a shiny Elgyem!! I'm so happy! She was Unova Pokemon #6196 overall!

Yeah, so I hadn't done a whole lot of hunting for the last day and a half or so, and I was trying to get as many encounters in as possible before the day ended. I had started the hunt after seeing 1789 Pokemon in the normal course of the game, but I was getting tired of having to subtract whatever 1789 from whatever my total number of encounters was, so I went out to Victory Road and encountered 211 non-Litwick/Elgyem Pokemon just to make the math easier. :)

She has a Sassy nature and Synchronize, which is awesome. I don't know if Sassy is a good nature or not, but if I ever want Sassy on an SRable shiny, I'll be able to use a shiny Syncher!

The Elgyem mini-sprite looks blue, and I think this shiny looks so much better than the normal green. She looks so natural, "lol."

Isn't she a beauty?

Spoiler:

I hope Black is a lucky game for me - she shone around 2000 encounters earlier than the average! :cer_laugh:

Latios Master and MetalMario, don't think I've let you off the hook that easily! The Litwick race is still on, and I'll be right back at the Celestial Tower, just on floor 2 this time, where Litwick has a 100% encounter rate! :pink_evil: *evil laughter*

This is a perfect example of Axiom 22 working flawlessly. I got Shiny Elgyem (whom I love!) while searching for Litwick, and now I can search for Litwick without worrying about catching a duplicate Elgyem, since the 2nd floor is all Litwick. Had I hunted on the 2nd floor to start with, I wouldn't be able to hunt Elgyem later on (by RE, at least) without risking another shiny Litwick. Now I can get them both! :cer_love:

Besides that, I've had 3,819 wild Pokémon encounters without finding a single shiny.

G-Money's pace is incredible. The only thing that gives me a chance is the Masuda method. About half of the Litwicks that I hatch are Timid, which is the best nature for it.

Don't worry about my pace! I lost my last shiny Litwick race, and I had about twice as many encounters as the other guy. *coughcoughShinyDougcoughcough* (Now I have eight times as many encounters as him, and I still don't have shiny Litwick! "lol") There is no such thing as a head start in a shiny race, since each encounter resets your chances to 1/8192. I could do five million encounters without getting one, and then say you start. At that point, we'd both have exactly the same chance to catch a shiny on our next Pokemon: 1/8192.

The reason I hadn't done as much shiny hunting as usual over the past couple of days is because I was actually reading a lot about shiny probabilities, and the stuff is pretty fascinating. You have a 50% chance of finding a shiny within your first 5678 encounters, and the chance of having found a shiny after 8192 encounters is actually 63%. As your number of encounters increases (towards infinity), your average nears 1 shiny per 8192 encounters. It's pretty cool how it all works.

Nothing new for now except a couple of chained keckleon a week ago aprox.

Haha, typical Chr. Draco style! "Nothing new" just means multiple shinies, "lol." Congrats on the Keckleon!

Hi everyone! =3 I'm new on this forum, but I'm shiny hunting for almost two years now. Maybe some of you know me from youtube and Serebii. I'm MrShinySoft on youtube and ShyniHunter on the Serebii forums. At the moment I'm not hunting, but I'm gonna resume my hunt on Shiny Chimchar in Platinum today.

Welcome to the Shiny Hunter's Club! I've seen a couple of your posts over at Serebii, and we're really glad to have you join! :)

After 175 eggs, I hatched a shiny Vulpix last night!

Congratulations! That's awesome! Lucky you - 175 eggs is less than 1/6th the average time it takes to Masuda! Nice job. :pink_wink:

Thanks for the luck, everyone! You helped me get my first shiny in...78 days! *hugs shiny Elgyem*

EDIT: 50 Litwick :P

Last edited:

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
I really don't remember the count of my eggs for Elekid, and I just want to keep going on it. But the only thing is I'm afraid it's not working even though the ditto is japanese, I got it from a friend with a japanese heart gold. I've never done Masuda before, it's kind of making me worried because i know the odds are 1/1367? or some number to that but how bad would that be if it just doesn't work :(

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
I really don't remember the count of my eggs for Elekid, and I just want to keep going on it. But the only thing is I'm afraid it's not working even though the ditto is japanese, I got it from a friend with a japanese heart gold. I've never done Masuda before, it's kind of making me worried because i know the odds are 1/1367? or some number to that but how bad would that be if it just doesn't work :(

It does work for 100%. If it doesn't you can throw an automic bomb on my head. Only there is always a chance it doesn't appear that quick, sometimes it takes like 4000 eggs but that chance is REALLY small. So don't worry, just keep going on. How many eggs do you have now?

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
Hi everyone.

G-Money said:

Congratulations. It really looks better in it's shiny color. Also it's good to see that your drought ended. (78 days... that's too much time without a shiny encounter).

Metal Electric said:

Hi there; good luck with your chimchar hunt.

Evil Sonic said:
After 175 eggs, I hatched a shiny Vulpix last night!

Congrats, maybe it's not with the desired ability and nature, but still it's a good shiny to have. Are you planning to evolve it or you want it the way it is?

My shiny news: Well. it's been some time since I post a shiny news; so, here it goes. After a few days (a week approximately) of trying to have a nice target from honey trees and searching in solaceon ruins, in the hidden section (path of the ruin maniac cave) found an intesresting and mysterious pokemon:

View attachment 60483

Its form explains everything.

Side news: Here's also a pic of one of the keckleons I caught last time:

View attachment 60484.

Well, I guess I'll resume other hunts.

See you all and have a nice hunting.

Years
ALIENS EXIST!! THE PROOF IS IN THIS BLURRY PHOTO! Congrats anyway.

I don't really like shiny Elygem, so I dunno if Axiom 22 applies to me or not. I'm hunting up there anyway since two shinies are better than one!

I wish there was a hold item that made a Pokémon not be the first to enter battle even though they're in the first slot. I'm evolving various guys for Pokédex in the tower and I feel bad needing to faint my syncer every 20 encounters or so--whenever the guy I'm training runs out of PP.

I haven't really spent much time on this hunt. Instead, I'm continuing to play through Soul Silver and SRing Kyogre. I might give Emerald Chikorita breeding another shot on a new save file.

8895 Kyogres, ~100 Litwicks.

Back