• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Video Gamers Unite

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Your most crowning gaming achievement, online or offline.

Wow. Well this is difficult. Offline I would probably have to say beating a level of Halo 3's campaign on legendary with all the skulls on. (Like seriously wtf was I thinking?)
Oh maybe completing the Pokedex in Gen 3 as well, was pretty proud of myself there.

Online: Probably something to do with League of legends. Possibly how I'm on/really close to the pro lvl when playing Fizz which makes it unfair for the other team. >.>

@Lightning
If you want I can give you a bunch of ideas so you can get the ball rolling on your own ideas! If you really cant think of any, why not read a book and try and extrapolate it into a video game kind of idea/story line? That could work.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
The thing for me is I have ideas but no idea what is the best software to use.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Oh maybe completing the Pokedex in Gen 3 as well, was pretty proud of myself there.
Ohh, I forgot about this. I remember how impressed with myself I was when I finished the gen 4 pokedex. But at least I had wifi to help. XD; Gen 3 is even more impressive.
If you want I can give you a bunch of ideas so you can get the ball rolling on your own ideas! If you really cant think of any, why not read a book and try and extrapolate it into a video game kind of idea/story line? That could work.
This is true. I guess when it comes to something that would take as long as a game, though, I feel like I'd want the entire thing to be something new and original instead of a spinoff or derivative of someone else's work. But you're probably right. I spend enough time fangirling over other series that making something based off them probably makes way more sense to get started. :P

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Ohh, I forgot about this. I remember how impressed with myself I was when I finished the gen 4 pokedex. But at least I had wifi to help. XD; Gen 3 is even more impressive.

This is true. I guess when it comes to something that would take as long as a game, though, I feel like I'd want the entire thing to be something new and original instead of a spinoff or derivative of someone else's work. But you're probably right. I spend enough time fangirling over other series that making something based off them probably makes way more sense to get started. :P

It was an effort, getting a Feebas, then a Milotic!!! (Way way WAY to many hours spent doing that). But I did feel rather happy with myself when I completed it.

It's not like you need to make it based off what someone else made its more of the process to get you inspiring and excited to get something going.
Plus if youre fangirling you may as well go uber fangirl and make a fangirl game! The process will definitely get you inspired and may get you thinking of your own ideas! :)

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Thinking up ideas is by far the easiest part of making games for me... my brain just kinda does it on its own, whether I want to or not. lol

I've even gotten inspiration from the shape of some puddles left over after a shower once, and then built an entire game with plot/lore/etc all around it in the few seconds I was looking at it. I guess I just have a really overactive imagination though... once I see something that makes me think about some new game world, I imagine myself as being a character in that world, and start doing things, as if I were playing the game in my head. All of my game ideas (I have dozens at this point. lol) start like that. Always seems to start with thinking about the world, then putting myself in as the main character, and then building a plot for myself so I don't get bored in my little fantasy. lol

(I was originally trying to explain how I think of ideas, but I think I did a terrible job of it. lol)

No, I think if I were to make a game it would ruin the allure of playing them. I understand it'd be a really rewarding creative process, but I think getting involved with the technical side of things would just kill the magic for me.
It's funny that you should mention magic... because my college application essay was all about how I lost the magic of video games when I grew up, and how I found it again in making my own games.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
It's funny that you should mention magic... because my college application essay was all about how I lost the magic of video games when I grew up, and how I found it again in making my own games.

Oh you make them? Nice. TBH for college I may go for an art course but sadly it would be a close by one due to personal issues. I guess though its the first step.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years

I've never done online gaming (outside of MarioKart 3DS, at which I never win) so I have exactly zero achievements to list there. Offline, I think my biggest achievement was either entirely filling the PokeDex in Pokemon Red (though since I used Missingno I don't think that really counts either) or unlocking all the unlockable content in Smash Bros Brawl and Tekken 6. Yeah... I'm really not that much of an accomplished gamer :P

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
I think for me it would be defeating that Emily person in Prototype. took like 3 hours to do but yeah XD

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years

For me, it's not actually accomplishing any goal in a game, or showing any great feat of skill. It's actually the day that I rediscovered Tyrian. It was my favoritestestest game EVER as a kid (Like, under 5.), and I had dreams and memories that made it seem like pure magic, but I really didn't remember anything about the game, and had no clue what it was called. I searched for it all the time, and it wasn't until early 2010 that I found it again. Playing through that game again was like the best moment of my life, easily. I still haven't beaten it though... it's really hard later on lol.

Joshawott

Banned
Years
As a lifelong gamer, you can expect my utmost contribution here.

Username: Joshawott
Current Console of Choice: Nintendo 3DS
Favourite Game: Tales of the Abyss
Mario or Luigi? Mario

Your most crowning gaming achievement, online or offline:

As of right now it would have to be completing Donkey Kong Country Returns with a 200% file. Each individual level demanded absolute perfection and would settle for nothing less. In total it took me about 100 hours, and my god was it ever rewarding!

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years

I've never done online gaming (outside of MarioKart 3DS, at which I never win) so I have exactly zero achievements to list there. Offline, I think my biggest achievement was either entirely filling the PokeDex in Pokemon Red (though since I used Missingno I don't think that really counts either) or unlocking all the unlockable content in Smash Bros Brawl and Tekken 6. Yeah... I'm really not that much of an accomplished gamer :P

Naww Andy! You are still and accomplished gamer, dont worry you filled a whole pokedex and thats hard without WiFi trading!
Also I can relate to the SSBB thing.. I unlocked everything on the original Smash bros.. Yes I am that awesome.

For me, it's not actually accomplishing any goal in a game, or showing any great feat of skill. It's actually the day that I rediscovered Tyrian. It was my favoritestestest game EVER as a kid (Like, under 5.), and I had dreams and memories that made it seem like pure magic, but I really didn't remember anything about the game, and had no clue what it was called. I searched for it all the time, and it wasn't until early 2010 that I found it again. Playing through that game again was like the best moment of my life, easily. I still haven't beaten it though... it's really hard later on lol.

So your most crowning achievement was getting nostalgia? Thats so cute! How old is that game?? Where did you find it? Also I assume its still the pure magic from your childhood! I get that whenever I play any pokemon game. BEST THING EVER! (Pokemon was my first videogame.)

Also Welcome to the club
Joshawott
and
Teamfail!

@Joshawott how do you get 200% completion O.o
@Teamfail is 20 minutes a good time?? I have no idea :S

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
Concerning Pokémon-related achievements, mine has to be legitimately completing the entire National Dex up to the fourth generation. I didn't first complete it until Emerald, though, when getting to events was a relatively simple task. It was easier in the 4G games thanks to Pal Park and its wider range of event-receiving options.

I think for me it would be defeating that Emily person in Prototype. took like 3 hours to do but yeah XD

Elizabeth Greene? She was a bigger pain than the Supreme Hunter (second fight, too)! Freakin' instant-kill crimson tide of death! (Does anyone else get the /worst/ implication from that? or is everyone here innocent concerning anatomical innuendo?)

-----

On another note, I use too many big words! :D

Years
Welcome Team Fail and Joshawott! :D

I am glad people are liking this club. :3

Some of my crowning achievements is every Pokemon game except Black and White, I have fully finished my Pokedex.
Fully completing Tales of Symphonia about a billion times! XD​

Cid

Years
I'll try to be active in this club, so hopefully I can join.

Username: Cid
Current Console of Choice: PS2. The console just blew me away. I didn't even expect to enjoy it that much.
Favourite Game: Mother 3. Strange, funny, and heartrending.
Mario or Luigi? Luigi. I've been the little brother for most of my life, so I think I can relate with him more.

I'm pretty pathetic on anything that's a crowning moment of awesome. I don't think I have anything crowning to boast online. Offline though, I'm pretty proud of beating the frustratingly difficult Mother/Earthbound Zero. I also caught all catchable legendaries from Gen I - Gen IV in the Pokémon games I played, I think that was the greatest achievement I could ever accomplish in my Pokémon games. Plus I'm pretty happy to have beaten Unknown from BBS using the slowest character in the game. Just had to take many beatings, until I finally got it. I think the first one made me feel accomplished the most, though.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
So anyone here heard of or use RPG Maker? Seems very interesting. Saw a few of the finished games and they look very well done. I'm actually testing it out and thinking of using it for a rpg idea I have had for ages.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Welcome Cid.
Your achievements are still impressive, beating Unknown with a slow character must have been torturous!

In order to get a 200% file, one must:

- Collect all the 'KONG' letters
- Collect all the puzzle pieces
- Earn a shiny gold medal in each level
- Beat every level on Mirror Mode

Man I hate your text colour, so difficult to read

So when you 100% the game you really 200% it o.O How is it possible to get over 100% completion.. I'm totally lost'
Also whats mirror mode? Is everything flipped and inverted?

So anyone here heard of or use RPG Maker? Seems very interesting. Saw a few of the finished games and they look very well done. I'm actually testing it out and thinking of using it for a rpg idea I have had for ages.

I've seen some games made with it I think..
The games look pretty much all the same though.. but I think its fairly good starter program if you want to get into some game making, you could even use game maker if you really want to start off easy.

20 minutes is a really good time. Someone has a GB Longplay that's about 33 minutes.

Is that the original one? If it is I watched a video of it where the guy finished it in like 11 minutes, it was insane!!

Last edited:

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
Years

Username: YungKnowledge
Current Console: Xbox360 or DSi
Favorite: Saint Row 2, GTA San Andreas, and Pokemon Gold
Luigi

I would most def like to join this club.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
I've seen some games made with it I think..
The games look pretty much all the same though.. but I think its fairly good starter program if you want to get into some game making, you could even use game maker if you really want to start of easy.!

Yeah I want to try practicing since I did do flash and 3D in high school so I know some things. But its a goal of mine.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
The best program for game making by far is multimedia fusion 2. Costs a good amount of money if you're not willing to 'acquire' it though. lol

Back