• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
tumblr_inline_mmvnfbaWLv1qz4rgp.jpg

Oh my god???? Is this what I think it is???

I hope this happens, it's about time Farfetch'd got an evolution!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
and he also said that there gonna be two villians teams, i don't remember the name(and don't remember where i saw all of this), but one start with an A be and another with a B.
unlike ruby and sapphire the teams aren't exclusive to different version.
i will try to find more information because he wrote alot about the teams

edit:

• There are two evil teams, Team Acid & Team Base (both following the themes of buttons A & B).
• Team Acid is a traditional team that steals and experiment on Pokemon. They are based on punks and motorcycles riders. Their goal is to create a definitive type. Their leader is a woman with long hair, and her admins draws inspirations from poisonous creature (like spiders).
• Team Base are less evil and they act as if they are confused. The members looks like they are wearing Tai Chi uniforms, and the buttons resembles the 'B button'. They want to obtain power to protect something important to them, so they steal pokemon from weak trainers to make them stronger. Their boss is an old man with white hair, and is very muscular. The admins are based on the sacred beasts.
• Via DLC, you will be able to obtain different outfits including uniforms from past Evil Organizations (such as Team Rocket)
• The gyms are Bug, Fairy, Normal, Fighting, Ghost, Ice, Fire and Psychic. (The gym order vary depending on the game version). Bug, Fairy, Normal, and Psychic gyms are found in central Kalos; the Ice and Fire gyms are found in Mountain Kalos; while the Fighting and Ghost-type gyms are located in Coastal Kalos.
• The elite four are based on stats: HP, Attack, Defense, Speed. The champion will have a mixed team.
• The main character will have 4 rivals:
(a) A childhood friend who wants revenge for being bullied. Gets a weak starter.
(b) Another childhood friend who is very rich, wants to get everything he wants. Gets the strongest starter.
(c) A traveling rival whom you meet in your journey. Has the same starter as your, but stronger. She is looking for her place in the world.
(d) "Horseman Pokemon", a bounty hunter that travel the Kalos region. He start as your mentor and gives you a Gogoat at some point. His main pokemon is a Tauros (which later evolves). He lost confidence when he was defeated by the evil team. He later becomes a bigger threat.
• Your other mentor is the daughter of Prof. Patrice, who will teach you the basics.

found this at the rumers thread of serebii, exept what is written about the evil teams i didn't saw him writting all of this, but because of the evil teams information and because its from the same spanish site i believe its the same guy.

i like alot the rival idea but find it hard o believe it.

*Huh, just like Team Magma and Team Aqua.
*Seems like Team Base is the new Team Plasma. Also, hooray for female villain!
*w00t! Wonder if they have Ash's outfit as DLC?
*No Dark gym = more believable rumor, since GF would never give us one. ;_;
*But I like my Elite Four having mono-type teams. ;_;
*Four rivals? Isn't that too much? It'll only make the other rivals less depended and not have enough screentime.
*That said mentor would have a large folder of yuri fanart with the female protagonists depending if this rumor is true.

Some of these rumors seem to be following the same rumors PokeBeach has written such as the gym leaders. Could there be a connection between the two anonymous users?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Someone copied the other person with more reliable info to make her or his info look real?
The idea for the teams sounds cool and yay female leader. No Dark gym again...makes me wish it to be fake.

blue

gucci
Years
Well guys, seems a redditor found out what the official site is hiding under those 3 ??? buttons by looking through the source code http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/1egdxc/whats_still_to_be_announced_pokemonxycom/
I had a peek at the source myself (easy to do in chrome, just right click, pick inspect element) and found those options as well
Spoiler:

very interesting

Interesting, so Primary Feature, Strategy and What's New.

I wonder what they mean by Primary Feature?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I'm not buying that at all....and from the side of it that would mean we wouldn't get a female rival. Which just seems strange.

I figure we're most likely to either get a male and female rivals again (like Cheren and Bianca)

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I'm not buying that at all....and from the side of it that would mean we wouldn't get a female rival. Which just seems strange.

I figure we're most likely to either get a male and female rivals again (like Cheren and Bianca)

Rivals A and B aren't classified by sex there... Rival C is a female so that's a female rival right there... Did you read the information?

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
That rumor has to be fake, the info doesn't make sense and seems a bit much.

Years
Team Acid and Team Base? Well, they at least fit into what we know about the themes. After all, the 'a' in DNA does stand for acid. But there's no more reason to believe it's true than reason to believe it isn't true. It's all just rumors still.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
All the rumors with the Fairy type just seem fake to me instantly. I mean, we already have a Fairy egg group. Now you have to change that as well? I just don't see that happening. Plus, a rival that has the exact same starter as you "but stronger" is extremely ambiguous. You can always train to a higher level, and now it's not stronger. So I just don't see these being real personally.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Unless they make that rival's starter stronger (or equal at Lv 100) depending on the level of your team to keep it stronger...could also have perfect IV's...and Max Ev's in it's highest stats...

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Unless they make that rival's starter stronger (or equal at Lv 100) depending on the level of your team to keep it stronger...could also have perfect IV's...and Max Ev's in it's highest stats...

The player has access to all of those things as well though. I mean, not a lot of people are going to put the effort to soft reset for a perfect starter and then EV train it through the game, but it's not like the option isn't there. There just isn't an actual arbitrary way to make sure that the rival's starter is stronger than the same one of our own.

Then again, like I just said, the majority don't bother with that stuff in-game, so isn't that reason enough to just do that stuff and consider it stronger?

And now I just don't know =x

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Monsieur Leaker apparently admitted to it being fake and that he made it up. I still think he hit the head on some of these just by luck though.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Monsieur Leaker apparently admitted to it being fake and that he made it up. I still think he hit the head on some of these just by luck though.

Got any source or screenshot of him admitting this? not questioning it, I just wanna see it, considering I don't believe any of those recent rumours.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Got any source or screenshot of him admitting this? not questioning it, I just wanna see it, considering I don't believe any of those recent rumours.

Someone else told me this information here. According to them he admitted it on /vp/.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back