• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

uliekztrollface?

U MAD BRO?
Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2013
Sorry pokerex I'm not really sure about your problem-I have YAPE 0.9 and it works fine.
^
My "helpful" reply, sorry I don't know a great deal about hacking.

Does anyone have a safe link to XSE? Thanks a great deal :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2013
I found a rom base that I wanted to use, but the flower animations were messed up. They look fine in advance map, but in the game they only show half of the flowers.
Capture.png

Capture2.png

Does anyone know whats wrong?

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2018
Hi, I am using JPAN's fire red hack to add more overworlds. I have also repointed the palette table and added some palettes of my own for some overworlds. This has worked up until now. When two very specific overworld sprites are right next to each other, they suddenly share the same palette. I have tried to edit the byte in the overworld data that comes after the two bytes for height, but it only seems to mess it up worse. How can i fix this so they can both appear on the screen at the same time?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I found a rom base that I wanted to use, but the flower animations were messed up. They look fine in advance map, but in the game they only show half of the flowers.
Capture.png

Capture2.png

Does anyone know whats wrong?

The person who inserted those tiles hasn't overwritten the flower animations from the default FR frames. Tile animations overwrite whatever image you can see in Advance Map so it is impossible to edit them without using another program. You can edit the basic frames using NSE (they are in its bookmarks), or use AnimEditor if you want to change them to a far greater extent (adding/ subtracting frames, changing their position in the tileset, how fast they are etc). You will have to make your own animations for them though.

Hi, I am using JPAN's fire red hack to add more overworlds. I have also repointed the palette table and added some palettes of my own for some overworlds. This has worked up until now. When two very specific overworld sprites are right next to each other, they suddenly share the same palette. I have tried to edit the byte in the overworld data that comes after the two bytes for height, but it only seems to mess it up worse. How can i fix this so they can both appear on the screen at the same time?

What do you mean by "it only seems to mess up worse"? Make sure you are only editing the second half of that byte and that the sprites aren't sharing the same palette slot. If you've got any other sprites nearby that are also using the same palette slot they might also be interfering. Could you show some pictures of your sprites in-game as well as their overworld data in a hex editor?

Last edited:

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
At a guess, I'd say Ruby uses the same table format. Problem is, the table doesn't contain just the music data, it contains pointers to ASM. The ASM it points to loads the music ID.

Very basic ASM hacking skills are required to do it, but it's certainly not hard.

Can you give me that adress? I try do it by adress from Emerald. As Emerald use that same table like Ruby.

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2013
I'm trying to edit Pallet town, but some of the scripts I made are messed up. Like some of the people are in different places and I can't remove the sprites. I removed the map scripts, but the problem is still happening. Does anyone know how to fix this? I don't want to make the maps all over again :(.

dd409

For the Swarm!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 4, 2013
I'm trying to add in the Physical/Special split images Darthatron made for Fire Red to an Emerald rom, but I seem to have hit a wall. I've added in the actual image with TileMolester already, but as I understand it the addresses in the asm code here are for a Fire Red rom. Since I assume they aren't interchangeable with Emerald, how would I go about finding the equivalent addresses for Emerald? Also, how do I find the addresses of the bytes for the code pointers?

Original post by Darthatron:
Spoiler:

Suggested fix by Jambo:
Spoiler:

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
I'm trying to add in the Physical/Special split images Darthatron made for Fire Red to an Emerald rom, but I seem to have hit a wall. I've added in the actual image with TileMolester already, but as I understand it the addresses in the asm code here are for a Fire Red rom. Since I assume they aren't interchangeable with Emerald, how would I go about finding the equivalent addresses for Emerald? Also, how do I find the addresses of the bytes for the code pointers?

Original post by Darthatron:

Suggested fix by Jambo:

Porting routines isn't easy, but it is the very first thing I learned how to do with ASM. You best shot, is to go to those addresses in a clean Fire Red and a hex editor and then copy the surrounding bytes and search for them in an Emerald rom. If they are RAM addresses, then those are much tougher to locate. Try looking for groups of bytes that are the same, but with different pointers at the end.

I must say, if you have never hacked before, I highly doubt you will be able to do this. I would have a tough time.

Does anybody know how to remove that "badge HM check," for field moves like Flash?

Find the scripts, remove the checkflags for badges. It sounds easy, but finding them can be tough.

I'm trying to edit Pallet town, but some of the scripts I made are messed up. Like some of the people are in different places and I can't remove the sprites. I removed the map scripts, but the problem is still happening. Does anyone know how to fix this? I don't want to make the maps all over again :(.

Pallet Towns map scripts do move a lot of the person events around. Are you 100% sure they are gone, and no map scripts are present? Also, are you sure you are testing the right map? One time, I had multiple maps of the same thing, but with different scripts (for different times in the game) and I was editing one and not seeing the changes in game, because I was testing the wrong one. So, that is something to also look out for.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023

Have you removed the "level scripts" on that map that changes the NPC's locations on the map?
Spoiler:

dd409

For the Swarm!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 4, 2013
Porting routines isn't easy, but it is the very first thing I learned how to do with ASM. You best shot, is to go to those addresses in a clean Fire Red and a hex editor and then copy the surrounding bytes and search for them in an Emerald rom. If they are RAM addresses, then those are much tougher to locate. Try looking for groups of bytes that are the same, but with different pointers at the end.

I must say, if you have never hacked before, I highly doubt you will be able to do this. I would have a tough time.

Yeah, doing something like that was my first thought. I've only dabbled in rom editing, and haven't done much with asm. Gotta learn some time I guess :P

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the 0x08YYYYYY addresses are for the rom itself, so if I had to guess 0x02YYYYYY is RAM and 0x06YYYYYY is VRAM? How should I go about viewing those, since opening the rom in a hex editor will only let me look at the 0x08 stuff?

EDIT: I also noticed there is a 0x00YYYYYY address in there (0x00003258)... what area does that one point, or how would I go about looking at it?

EDIT 2: It seems that 0x00YYYYYY is in the BIOS. Since the BIOS is (or at least should be) constant for any GBA game, I'm going to try leaving that one alone.

Last edited:

catroZ

Working...Don't bother me...
Years
How to make Visual Basic 6 Runtime work under Windows 8(I'm a music maker and it's reaaaly urgent 'cause I'll need to use Sappy and it needs the VB Runtime)

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Yeah, doing something like that was my first thought. I've only dabbled in rom editing, and haven't done much with asm. Gotta learn some time I guess :P

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the 0x08YYYYYY addresses are for the rom itself, so if I had to guess 0x02YYYYYY is RAM and 0x06YYYYYY is VRAM? How should I go about viewing those, since opening the rom in a hex editor will only let me look at the 0x08 stuff?

EDIT: I also noticed there is a 0x00YYYYYY address in there (0x00003258)... what area does that one point, or how would I go about looking at it?

EDIT 2: It seems that 0x00YYYYYY is in the BIOS. Since the BIOS is (or at least should be) constant for any GBA game, I'm going to try leaving that one alone.

Actually, the 0x00003258 is not a pointer, but rather a constant number that would be added to a pointer to reach a new location or such. You never, ever call addresses in the BIOS directly. You would call SWI functions .

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to have a semi-transparent textbox, and how would I go to implementing it?

EDIT: I'm using Emerald version.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
For Emerald, is there anyway to assign individual cries to the 25 free Pokémon spaces? They currently play the Unown cry and whenever I assign a cry to two or more it becomes corrupt.

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2013
Pallet Towns map scripts do move a lot of the person events around. Are you 100% sure they are gone, and no map scripts are present? Also, are you sure you are testing the right map? One time, I had multiple maps of the same thing, but with different scripts (for different times in the game) and I was editing one and not seeing the changes in game, because I was testing the wrong one. So, that is something to also look out for.

Yes i'm using the right map. It's the only one I edited so far :p.

Have you removed the "level scripts" on that map that changes the NPC's locations on the map?
Yes i've removed those and it's still happening.
Capture.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back