• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need some assistance

Sgt Shock

Goldsmith
Years
So. For my fan fiction, I have plans to involve five presidents (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Almnia/Fiore) and an ambassador. As you may imagine, I plan for this story to have tons of politic aspects including the law, the economy, and much more about these regions. This is where I need your help the most. What are some presentable pokemon that could define each of these figures of authority? Kanto, Johto, and Sinnoh are males while Almnia/Fiore and Hoenn are female presidents. The ambassador is a male as well.

I have a good idea on the Hoenn leader. I'm not going to need her as much as I need the others. I want one of them to have an Absol..then it goes black from there. Of course, they are going to be a bit of a large part of the story line even though you don't see them often. I want them to be right, you know?

If you need any further information, I will be sure to post what I think I can spare spoiler-free.

Thanks a bunch.

Last edited:

Dagzar

The Dreamer
Years
Well, I do have one question. Are these Pokemon representing the actual presidents, or the country? If the presidents, I suggest picking a Pokemon that would suit their personalities and tastes, while still being a species that is native to their region. If country, picking a Pokemon that's popular and an image of the country could work. For example, when you think of Australia, you think of the Kangaroo, or with Canada, the beaver.

The Pokemon I picture when thinking of each region are: Pikachu or Eevee (possibly Meowth) for Kanto; Marill or Togepi for Johto; Lucario for Sinnoh… and I'm not quite sure of Hoenn or Fione. When in doubt, you can always fall back any of the starters or Eevee evolutions.

Really, it depends on the personalities of your presidents and what Pokemon they like.

Sgt Shock

Goldsmith
Years
Well, I do have one question. Are these Pokemon representing the actual presidents, or the country? If the presidents, I suggest picking a Pokemon that would suit their personalities and tastes, while still being a species that is native to their region. If country, picking a Pokemon that's popular and an image of the country could work. For example, when you think of Australia, you think of the Kangaroo, or with Canada, the beaver.

The Pokemon I picture when thinking of each region are: Pikachu or Eevee (possibly Meowth) for Kanto; Marill or Togepi for Johto; Lucario for Sinnoh… and I'm not quite sure of Hoenn or Fione. When in doubt, you can always fall back any of the starters or Eevee evolutions.

Really, it depends on the personalities of your presidents and what Pokemon they like.

It's more fixed toward the actual presidents. HOWEVER, you do pose an interesting thought towards the actual nations (countries? regions? etc?) being represented by the pokemon. Should the presidents have pokemon from their region? That would make logical sense, wouldn't it?

Thanks for the help, Dagzar. :D

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
No Orre? That makes me sad :< It seems like they would need tough body guard pokemon like a Machamp... buuut that's just me. It wouldn't make sense for them send out an Oddish when the evil force is attacking with Charizards and Dragonites.

Sgt Shock

Goldsmith
Years
No Orre? That makes me sad :< It seems like they would need tough body guard pokemon like a Machamp... buuut that's just me. It wouldn't make sense for them send out an Oddish when the evil force is attacking with Charizards and Dragonites.

Orre from Pokemon Colosseum and Gale of Darkness? That is an interesting piece of thought there. I don't know much about the region like I do the others--but I may mention it. Thanks for you input.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
Orre from Pokemon Colosseum and Gale of Darkness? That is an interesting piece of thought there. I don't know much about the region like I do the others--but I may mention it. Thanks for you input.
The only thing is this: It has no wild pokemon, just imports. That could, however, make for an interesting character.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Should the presidents have pokemon from their region? That would make logical sense, wouldn't it?

Yeah, I kinda have to agree. That and it'd be patriotic and all. (I could make a joke about birth certificates and US presidents and all, but I'm lazy.)

That being said, presidency's partly about image, right? So, it'd probably depend a bit on how you want the leaders to portray themselves. For example, if you have a president who wants to look powerful, they'll go for something a bit more sturdy and battle-ready than something that people would think of the regional mascot. (Like the difference between Tyranitar and Togepi for Johto's president. If they're tough war birds, definitely go for the Tyranitar.)

So, it's hard to say with the male presidents/ambassadors because you've got a variety of different kinds of leaders in those departments. You might have the war birds who want to prove that they're capable leaders in tough times, and you might have the diplomats who want to prove that they can make strong, intelligent decisions. With women, it also depends on how the world views women as a whole. For example, in the real world, when you've got women trying to get positions of power, they tend to try to make themselves look intelligent, diplomatic, but strong and firm because some voters don't expect women to be strong leaders. So, you might have something to represent that (like a Psychic-type people might think of as sturdy or reliable -- like Metagross or Claydol) if women are treated similarly in your version of the Pokémon world. If they're all equal, then eh. Same rules for men apply here, too.

Long story short, yeah, I can't really come up with specific ones, but it might help to think about how these figures are trying to portray themselves and come up with matching Poké-personas.

Also, definitely seconding the Orre bit.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Well, depends what stage of Orre you are talking about. Orre in Colosseum is a barren wasteland basically - mostly desert on the face of it (although you have to the north of it a village that is full of trees and a river, and near that a volcano, and elsewhere a port on the edge of Orre...). As with XD, it is more or less the same but the region is 'recovering', and wild Pokemon are slowly returning.

As with the leaders there - again, depends. If it's Colosseum or pre-Colosseum, a deceptive poke or a Tyranitar would be actually pretty fitting. ;p After that, well harder to say I guess. Desert-pokemon might be fitting for the region itself though. (Never mind trainers in those games had all sorts of pokemon anyway =p).

Back