• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon SkyLine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Possible cause: you loaded a save state taken before the save, which removes the save. This is not a bug; it's the game taking on the last save (or no save) at the time in question.

Example: I have in Light Platinum an old save state back in Yellow Town before I grabbed Elekid from the table. I can load the save state no problem. As soon as I do, my save - up at Serenity City - goes byebye. If I didn't save a state after that save in-game, I lose all that progress.

Cyclone

SammieLily2

Writer Extraordinare
Years
Huh. That's weird, because that has never happened to me before. And I mean never.

I'll keep an eye out for it next time, thanks!
(Sorry for any extra posts, that would be my fault. Thanks for understanding!)

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2013
Have you really saved? What if only your counterpart from another timeline entered your mind and you started to think that you saved but in this timeline, you actually did not?
What if the save actually is there but cannot be seen by the naked eye?

Okay, seriously... this is kinda weird bug that sometimes happens, you should use in-game saves with save-state saves to backup.

and id like to add to ash by saying u should remember that with save states if you load a state then your ingame save will be the one for that save state(been screwed that way a couple times with vba and znes lol)

Years
and id like to add to ash by saying u should remember that with save states if you load a state then your ingame save will be the one for that save state(been screwed that way a couple times with vba and znes lol)
I want to learn more of that so can you tell me exactly what are you saying?

wilso

Grass Master
Years
@alienhunterx i think he means somthing like this
30i8doo.png

ontopic will this hack have the p/s split?

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Its basically some codes that split the p/s moves.You'll have to learn how to hack to know how it works though.

Years
  • Age 24
  • =/
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
I just made a Userbar for you Jagold. xD Here you are.

6DC8A.png

HTML:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/6DC8A.png[/IMG]

Good luck with this amazing hack I'm looking forward for next Release. xD

Years
Regarding the posts that have been deleted most recently for SPAM or being off topic:

You guys have been here long enough to know what kind of posts constitute SPAM, and this is not the first time I've had to delete conversations like that. Really now, if this happens again, I'm going to be handing out infractions, because I'm getting a bit tired of it. If you find the topic is straying, STOP. Go to the member's profile page, and VM them. If you find yourself typing a post that is just taking a dig at another member, just don't post it at all.

Now please guys, keep the discussion on-topic.

butterflye

Dancing on the rainbow lane
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 24, 2014
Hey there. Fame of your hack came even to Poland, ya know? xD
I've already played the beta and I can say that this hack can be one of my favourites. Graphics are amazing, the storyline is interesting, and I really love all Eeveelutions. That's why I have one question: my Eevee evolved into Espeon, but I am wondering if I have other evolutions, too. Can I? Then I can have my super Eevee-team xD

Anyway, I strongly support this hack nad I can't wait for next release. Keep going! :)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Even if you CAN play the old save, you are likely better off with a new one. Keep in mind this is an open beta. You can go through and beta the entire game from start to finish again; from a player's perspective, you can then say "Hey, this used to do this but now it does this, what's correct?" or something like that. There could also be storyline changes; see Dark Fut-...er...Dark Energy for a good example of this.

Remember, you're not playing a final product. Always start a new beta fresh unless told otherwise that it's a patch itself or a specific bugfix. When it becomes a final product, go ahead and play it again in full and enjoy it. :)

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2013
I want to learn more of that so can you tell me exactly what are you saying?

this will probably be deleted for bein off topic but here goes..... there was an instance where i had wanted to go back to an original "hard save" on my game but the file was changed cause i had loaded a save state(vba) with znes i didnt load the right save slot and it had done the same thing... the game save was the one for that save slot... which was like a few hours before the save i actually was on(sound confusing yet?) see with znes i didnt have the option checked to remember what my last save state was and on that emulator you have an awesome ammount of slots available for different games... now im more careful... on znes i got that option checked... on vba i never.... NEVER... use the most recent save option(thats what had screwed me on that)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back