• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
What do you mean by "I post too much"?

And anyways, I'm not much of a fan of shiny legendaries in LGFR but im going for Shiny Zapdos, and already ahve about 20SR's in for it (not much..xD)

KS-Out!

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Just wanting to pop in and say I failed in my wanting to get 2 shinies per month, as I didn't get my 2nd one yesterday... And today I resetted my trainer ID for Charmander and I'm going at it again. Other than that, nothing's changed... =/

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Just wanting to pop in and say I failed in my wanting to get 2 shinies per month, as I didn't get my 2nd one yesterday... And today I resetted my trainer ID for Charmander and I'm going at it again. Other than that, nothing's changed... =/

Well, don't you think it's a bit unrealistic to expect to get two shinies in a month? I often say that "hope I get lucky this month, I do ever other month", but I'm often joking. :D

My cousin came over on Friday, and he had gotten a shiny Beldum. It has a Lonely nature, and it's now a Metagross. He's a bit of a show-off with it.

Years
I know. I was there too. I'm officially SR for a shiny female torchich [not saying that I won't take a male shiny] ;-^]

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
Well, don't you think it's a bit unrealistic to expect to get two shinies in a month? I often say that "hope I get lucky this month, I do ever other month", but I'm often joking. :D

My cousin came over on Friday, and he had gotten a shiny Beldum. It has a Lonely nature, and it's now a Metagross. He's a bit of a show-off with it.

i usualy get two a month XP sometimes 3 :)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
Dudes (and ladies) - I've got midterms later this week, but starting Thursday night and through spring break I'm gonna get back on the shiny Tauros hunt. My spring break sucks because it doesn't line up with any of my friends from other schools and my family will also be at school/work... so it seems like a perfect time to hunt some shinies!
Boo-yea! I'll keep you posted? Maybe - we'll see.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Out of pure and utter boredom, I've decided to quadruple shiny hunt. I'm hunting for Groudon, Torchic, Latias, and Moltres, and I'm soft resetting quite easily so far. I hope I get a shiny soon. Good luck to everyone shiny hunting.

Edit: Spring Break doesn't start in my area until April 1st. ~_~

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
I think I'll get 2 this month, if I really get on it and don't slack, and so far I haven't, but without results. But I'm not expecting any right off.

I'm SRing for Charmander full throttle now, because I want to use my LG again to get yet another Shiny Eevee, this time for Shiny Umbreon. I got a GCN Memory card, btw, but I'm gonna do Charmander all the way. I could skip it and go on to Eevee, but I've put too much work into Charlamander already NOT to get it. I WILL have a black Charizard. :|

... but it gets boring sometimes... I can be extremely optimistic, but it's getting very repetitive. I've had 8 dreams about shiny hunting and getting a shiny Pokemon, but not Charmander. Last night's was I was surfing and fishing, and fished up a Shiny Dratini, but instead of pink/fuchsia it was brown, or more like the way shiny Kingler looks. I have hunted that one before, but just like all the ones I DON'T have.. it went that way.
I also yearn to do a different Pokemon, but I know if I do so, I'll get it shiny and not the Charmander or whatever.

And as I said before, it's not gonna catch itself. Later yawl and good luck to those who need it most, want it most.
-DDD

Absolitude

Disaster in Absol clothing
Years
Hey , would now be a bad time to ask if i could join? I just got interested into shiny hunting and i shiny hunt when ever i can pretty much. Hope i didn't come in at a bad time. Sorry if i did.

mrplanters

The new meaning of legend
Years
Hey people. Anyways I haven't got any new shinies, of course i haven't been playing much due to final fantasy. Well i wish all good luck.

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
Hey , would now be a bad time to ask if i could join? I just got interested into shiny hunting and i shiny hunt when ever i can pretty much. Hope i didn't come in at a bad time. Sorry if i did.

lol despite the drama occasionaly happening its never a bad time to join . just list any shiny pokemon you have caught in this gen of pokemon (ruby saphire emerald leaf green firered ) and how you caught them and im sure one of the co-owners will allow u to join .

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Just wanted to pop in and give a little update. Obviously if I had a shiny, I would be screaming my head off. :P
It's just a mere game pak update.

FR: Scyther (On Hold, sorta)
LG: Charmander (I'm probably up to about 5000 SRs now. Tomorrow marks 3 weeks the search has been on.)
Sapphire: Nothing, 4x??? (On hold)
Ruby: Nothing
Emerald: New SR Target. Omg who could it be? =o If I get it I'm gonna feel a little bad however.

Good luck everyone. I'll need it. The Emerald PKMN is a nice refreshment and a nice vacation from Charmander, but I'm doing Charmander again tonight because I for some reason have good luck afterhours. And hopefully I can get it so I can move on to Eevee.
-DDD

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
Well gl to you TD (Triple D, duh) as well as everyone else! And welcome new member, absolitude(Sp?)

Anywho, mon update: Nothing, nada, zero, water's freezing point [/NERD]. xD

Yah, I continued my SR'age of Zappy-dos, and ntohing new. >.> Well, gl ya'll! ^.^

KS-Out

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Well, I reset for a new ID today on my LG...I got 11631. I'm a guy, but I named myself Janice, just for kicks, I didn't think I'd get such an ID so soon, lol. I'm switching from hunting for a shiny Bulbasaur to hunting for a shiny Squirtle, my cousin convinced me that it looks better.

Edit: I change my mind, I want to hunt for a shiny Bulbasaur again.

Last edited:

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Hello my fellow Shiny Hunters. I got an idea while I was in the shower earlier and tried it out. It didn't work as well as I planned, but with certain Pokemon, it just might:

Pick a rare-ish Pokemon that has the highest level out of a group of Wild Pokemon it's found in. Make sure it's at a level that's higher than the others, or this won't work efficiantly. I have some Staryu and Starmie for these puposes at certain levels, with Illuminate.

Ok, do you have your target Pokemon ready, and your lead-off Pokemon at the same level as your target? Go to the area and put some Repel on, and go for a long walk by just standing in grass, not moving, but moving (you know what I mean) and not use up your Repel steps. I tried using Sweetscent to speed up things, but sadly, it does not work. I wished it did, and if it had, I wouldn't be telling you this right now.
EVENTUALLY you'll encounter your rare-ish Pokemon at your Pokemon's level. This is why I like Starmie; it's fast enough to run away if your target is not shiny.
The drawback is that....

For me, I tried Electabuzz in FR's power plant with a Lv. 35 Starmie. There's a major drawback though. ^_^ I found 3 in 10 minutes.
So it doesn't work well. At least, not in THIS case. In OTHER cases... well... let's just say the research is ongoing, and I want to see what happens when I use the White Flute WITH repel, WITh Illuminate.

Since it turned out it wasn't worth a crap I decided to go ahead and share it with you all.

It's back to Shiny Charmander hunting for me though... heartbroke... 3 weeks now... ugh.... Good luck yawl. And welcome, Absolitude.

-Triple D

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I Shiny hunted abit last night as i had Final Fantasy taken away from me for having a messy room. But other than that haven't really done much resently. In a competion to see who finishes FF 12 first with freinds. I hope to do some tonight after I finish on here though

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I found my GBA/GCN Connector thingie, so resetting for Jirachi is offically a "GO!!" I can't really start until tomorrow after school though...it's too late now, and I want to focus on hunting for a shiny Moltres/Latias. Good luck everyone.

Back