• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
I have a problem with Pokémon Gold.

I've made Cherrygrove City, Route 29, New Bark Town and Route 27 a big water route with no grass at all. The problem is that there was already water in Cherrygrove, New Bark and Route 27 but not in Route 29 - so no wild Pokémon appear in that map.

So, how do I create or remove wild Pokémon data?
How to edit wild Pokémon in G/S

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
You don't put them into APE, you put the string into a hex editor, and put the offset it gives you into APE.

What's the point of wasting time with a hex editor, reversing etc.? Just export the the palette, import it into APE and search it. That's it.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
What's the point of wasting time with a hex editor, reversing etc.? Just export the the palette, import it into APE and search it. That's it.

Yeah, but some of the palettes have an extra 00 00 in them (not at the end of the string) which the VBA palette viewer doesn't read so when exporting them into APE, they won't be found.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Yeah, but some of the palettes have an extra 00 00 in them (not at the end of the string) which the VBA palette viewer doesn't read so when exporting them into APE, they won't be found.

Those are just compressed palettes.

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
The oak palette won't load in APE or so he says. Sorry HackMew, I thought that was the only way he could find it. xD

I remember this type of thing happened with me awhile back. It's how you saved your palette. Save as a paint shop palette. The default palette vba saves it as is a microsoft palette, which doesnt seem to load. so try saving as a paint shop one. Don't for get to delete your old palette because vba doesnt save it if its already there... idk y DX

Years
Me again,this time with tiles.OK,I am working on another hack.Well,I found 874521's DPP Tile thread.I used the Torn World tiles in a tileset,and I had also used his Torn World pallete.Now,the tiles won't show up with the tiles I replaced.Can somebody tell me what's going on?

Years
I searched and couldn't find the answer. I do beleive this is a very SIMPLE qwuestion. It may belong in Map help, though.

Anyway, I've made a person event, and in-game it isn't where it is meant to be. Which is bad, seeing as the script contains applymovement. x.x

Help is much appreciated!

Edit: Nevemind, figured it oput. It was because he was the only person event in the map, and was still labelled as Person Event No.1, not No.0. =D

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Me again,this time with tiles.OK,I am working on another hack.Well,I found 874521's DPP Tile thread.I used the Torn World tiles in a tileset,and I had also used his Torn World pallete.Now,the tiles won't show up with the tiles I replaced.Can somebody tell me what's going on?

Did you follow a tut? If you inserted them into Empty Space, they will not show up ready to use. If not, tell me what you did exactly.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2010
dlted

thanks to all you guys who helped me out!

i might have some more questions soon but for now i think i can figure out the rest...

Last edited:

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Does anyone have the patches for the hacks Pokemon DuskGold and DawnSilver? I saw previews of the hacks and they look like a lot of fun. But I can't find the patches anywhere online.

(Don't give me an infration for this. Asking for the patches isn't against the rules.)

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2010
everyone thank you so much for your help. youve made my life so much easier

but ive stumbled upon an odd error. when i choose male as a gender the rivals hair and pants turn an odd color? but only when you chose male...

i have some theories about how i might fix it but if im wrong i might mess up the pallettes for other things in the game.. that would be bad.

so please help me out if youve got info

Last edited:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Does anyone have the patches for the hacks Pokemon DuskGold and DawnSilver? I saw previews of the hacks and they look like a lot of fun. But I can't find the patches anywhere online.

(Don't give me an infration for this. Asking for the patches isn't against the rules.)
yeah but yeah breaking the rules for not asking a rom hacking question

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
That is a hom hacking question. Asking where to find patches is asking about Rom Hacking.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
OK,I think i put them in Sky Tower's inside room tileset,I(It's Tileset12,Ruby)put it on the top corner,of the tileset I mentioned(The note in brackets).

OK, is that in Free Space? Did you go to Picture - Load Tileset 2, not 1, as people make that mistake sometimes? It should appear in it...

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
Years
I have a problem In unlz.gba!
1. When i have inserted the sprite and then it says bla bla to big and then you search for free space bla bla and you do write to rom again and check bla bla and then insert the freespace... And i press write to rom and then i do it again checking Write pallte changes to rom and abort if the file is to big, When ive done all that the sprite works and ingame to exept when i go to another picture on unlz.gba and then go back it shows the one before?

2. When i did [Above] The pallet messes up, Lets say i inserted the sprite in a pallet 1112 but the one before is 1110, when the new sprite is saved and i go forward sprites and back again it shows my new sprite in the pallet from the previous sprite AKA 1110?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back