• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokemon and Type Combinations Speculation

Pink Mommy

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
To be honest, I was expecting someting like this.-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liFwsm04HuQ

And ok, yeah, I do know that some of the pokemon thoward the end of the video look more like they belonged in the Digimon world, but you have to admit those starters are pretty cool...

*sniff* I thought this was real when I saw it! I was actually going to choose Asheep!

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Honestly, I really want a fire-water type! I think we need more fire types in general anyways.. fire types are seriously lacking! Or ice types! I like ice types and I think we need more :3 I think a hyena type (do we have one already?) would be awesome!

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
A Megalodon

Something obscure, please.

Hell, if they added god, why not a satanic entity? Beelzebub is something I'd love to see. Shin Megami Tensei and Digimon got their own version of Beelzebub, so why not Pokemon? (Preferably something more like SMT's Beelzebub rather than Digimon's dual gun wielding humanoid demon. A poison/dark legendary fly Pokemon would be great, and it'd give us that poison legendary.)

And if they added two boxing Pokemon, then let's get other sports here! I want baseball, I don't care if anyone is against this.

Last edited:

Pink Mommy

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
I think a hyena type (do we have one already?) would be awesome!
Yes, we do. We have Poochyena and Mighyena.

We need a panda pokemon. Or a koala one. And if we have some sort of yeti, why not a wendigo or loch ness monster or something like that?

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
I assume there would be a Pokemon Z shaped, It would the mascot of the 3rd version or sequels.

Pokemon Z, I like this name.

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
I assume there would be a Pokemon Z shaped, It would the mascot of the 3rd version or sequels.

Pokemon Z, I like this name.

Can you think of anything Z shaped? I can't :/

I agree that we need a koala and a proper panda, spinda is a bit... ugh. A quadruped bear would be nice too. And meerkat too - ground/normal type.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013

I agree that we need a koala and a proper panda, spinda is a bit... ugh. A quadruped bear would be nice too. And meerkat too - ground/normal type.

It would be a serpent or a dragon that's similar to Rayquaza.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years

Mmm.. It -is- a weird shape for a pokemon that's not Unown. :(

Maybe it's some sort of mechanical pokemon? I mean, I see that machines are one of the few things that can have a defined shape like a letter 'Z'. Or maybe some sort of serpent / Leviathan pokemon?

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
It would be a serpent or a dragon that's similar to Rayquaza.

But that would be more S shaped than Z shaped. Unless it was something like err... the X that metagross has. But Z's are kinda ugly to put on a pokémon xD

Two pokemon that need evolutions are Dunsparce and Pinsir.

Yeah, dunsparce needs an evolution. I'd like torkoal to have an evolution too.

Chaos Fork

Anything Goes
Years
I haz sum iders
Sableye evolution
Poison type legendary/psuedo
Hedgehog
Kyurem form
More sharks
Haunted treasure chest
Another badass turtle
NO MORE RIPOFFS. EVER
Galvantula evolution

Time for my new outro!
Duuun duuun duuuuuun...

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I'd wanna see a Pokemon based on a Honey Badger already, also, maybe a pokemon based on transparent fish, Pokemon based on a werewolf and a vampire would be cool too, we already have Cofagrigus who is pretty much based on Mummies, so 2 Pokemon to complete the horror trio would be swell.

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2013

I kinda thought of one earlier. I suck at names so
Pandfu
Pandshu
Pandfushu

they're all normal and fighting types.

the pokemon better lock bada** cute pokemon suck.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
I want some common dragon type pokes that sucks. In fact, I want all the dragons in this game to just have bad states. Call it karma. And also - a mono poison legendary or a bug that doesn't also steel.

F1refly

Stuff and things
Years
I'd love to see them introduce a new type along with a pokemon that suits it

I've been waiting years for a Light Type to act as the opposite of the dark type. And you could make them both effective towards each other, and both weak towards each other

A light type Eevee would be cool.

Can't for the life of me think of any kind of animal to represent a light type poke, other than a Jellyfish and Fireflies

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2022
One of my all time favourites is houndoom so I'd love them to release a third evolution to this character, although you couldn't do much in the way of changing its type so they probably won't as there is no point to it. We already have an electric and water mouse in the form of pikachu and marril so why not release a grass type like a field mouse? The dolphin idea is great although I agree with other posters that there are far too many water types outnumbering other types. I'd like to see a dinosaur as one of the fossils however I think the best way to introduce a dinosaur would be as a legendary. Either way if we got one I'd be happy. I think a grass/psychic type in the form of a tree would be pretty cool. Europe is home to some great wildlife but I can hardly think of any animals that haven't already been made into pokemon. A badger would be cool, or a red squirel!

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
One of my all time favourites is houndoom so I'd love them to release a third evolution to this character, although you couldn't do much in the way of changing its type so they probably won't as there is no point to it. We already have an electric and water mouse in the form of pikachu and marril so why not release a grass type like a field mouse? The dolphin idea is great although I agree with other posters that there are far too many water types outnumbering other types. I'd like to see a dinosaur as one of the fossils however I think the best way to introduce a dinosaur would be as a legendary. Either way if we got one I'd be happy. I think a grass/psychic type in the form of a tree would be pretty cool. Europe is home to some great wildlife but I can hardly think of any animals that haven't already been made into pokemon. A badger would be cool, or a red squirel!

A grass mouse... I'm thinking about Chespin, the grass starter for Gen VI. It looks like a rodent.
As for dinosaurs, take a closer look at aerodactyl, Archen and Cranidos. Although I wouldn't mind seeing more dinosaurs. Herbivores, grass types. Also would like to see triceratops, but... Shieldon?

A red panda would be cute.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
You think so? To me they look more like apes. They're not feline at all. Not even Shinx.

Apes??? I mean, I could see that they don't look too much like lions, but apes??

Anyway, they are in fact based on lions. Check out their Bulbapedia pages.

I always thought it'd be a cool idea to make a Pokémon that was Fighting/Flying and based on Superman. It could even have a stylized version of his blue and red suit with the cape and everything

Last edited:
Back