• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
It's funny seeing the word "eval" next to that cute Teddiursa X^)

Anyway, are you calling the script with a Call Script command or a Conditional Branch? The Call Script command will cut it off, so try placing it in the script section on the fourth page of the Conditional Branch.

I get this now

Exception: SyntaxError
(eval):1: syntax error
pbRegisterPartner(PBTrainers::RIVAL_BR
^
Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:753:in `eval'
Interpreter:753:in `command_111'
Interpreter:292:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:190:in `update'
Interpreter:104:in `loop'
Interpreter:195:in `update'
Scene_Map:99:in `update'
Scene_Map:97:in `loop'

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Heres the script I've been using

ENDAN,"BRENDAN",0)

but the error keeps coming up.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Did you try placing that in a Conditional Branch? It looks like it's just cutting off.

yeah I get this

^

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
yeah I get this

^

did you try poccil's little extendtext.exe?

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2009
Just upload a 512x128 picture consisting of the four parts you would like to be animated into your Picture folder. Name it trbackXXX, where XXX = the number of said partner. Make sure to include zeros if it's a one/two-digit number :^)

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
i need help. how do i connec maps so that i dont teleport and when ever i enter a few of my maps why does it start raining.

nvm my last comment i looked at the notes

Last edited:

partyghoul2000

Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
i need help. how do i connec maps so that i dont teleport and when ever i enter a few of my maps why does it start raining.

nvm my last comment i looked at the notes

well, make your maps. go to the debug/editor menu and go to visual editor. use the gui to put your maps together. F5 will tell you what buttons do what.

i posted that a page ago. please search the thread before asking.

anyways, i've been dinking around with some custom pokeballs and whatnot and im trying to figure out how it works and what can be used. i've been goin off of what's already in the script to make what i have so far. for those of you that can't find this, it's under PokeBattle_Battle script. here's the part to look at for customization.
Spoiler:

now, just looking at it i was a tad bit confused about how rareness works. ultra ball is rareness*=2 which i gather means x2, which is what it should be. but the dive ball's is rareness=(rareness*7/2).floor. what exactly does that mean? i image it would mean 3.5, but it's an uneven percentage or is that what it should be? an uneven percentage?

another thing is the battler variable. i see that the net ball has battler.pbHasType?. what if i wanted to dictate a certain species? i tried battler.species and i got this error.
Spoiler:

unless i was supposed to do battler.PBSpecies?. also, what if i wanted to call the battler's height or weight? would that be battler.weight & battler.height? also, what if instead of the of pokemon the trainer is battling, i wanted to get a variable or something from the trainer's pokemon? how would that be called?

and the last part of my huge post is the post-capture stuff. as you can see, the luxury ball automatically gives the pokemon 200 happiness. simple to change or add another ball with the same stat. but what if i wanted to change it's attack, speed, IVs, EVs and so on. im not too sure about the IVs and EVs but i do believe the stats would go as such:
pokemon.hp
pokemon.attack
pokemon.defense
pokemon.speed
pokemon.spattack
pokemon.spdefense

correct me if im wrong because i'd really like to know, besides all the other people asking about custom pokeballs. anyways, i know that's alot to read and answer, but i would love to hear some answers. this just might quell some n00bish questions also. >_>

thanks in advance.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
partyghoul2000:
The IVs and EVs question:

To define a Pokémon's IVs or EVs, you would use the following type of statement.

pokemon[0].iv[0] for IVs, and pokemon[0].ev[0] for EVs.

Substitute the first 0 in brackets to reflect the Pokémon number in your party (note, 0 is the first one, 5 is the last one). Then, substitute the second 0 to reflect the IV or EV you want to change (0=HP, 1=Attack, 2=Defence, 3=Sp. Atk, 4=Sp. Def, 5=Speed).

So, if I wanted to change the defence IV of the third Pokémon in my party to 31, then I would simply use this statement.

Code:
pokemon[2].iv[2]=31

Now, for my own question: what are the function codes and their meanings for move effects in moves.txt?

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Okay, I'm quite new at the inner workings of Poccils Starter Kit, so I have several questions:

1: Where is the Edit Trainers option in the Editor.

2: How do I add troops to maps.

partyghoul2000

Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
partyghoul2000:
The IVs and EVs question:

To define a Pokémon's IVs or EVs, you would use the following type of statement.

pokemon[0].iv[0] for IVs, and pokemon[0].ev[0] for EVs.

Substitute the first 0 in brackets to reflect the Pokémon number in your party (note, 0 is the first one, 5 is the last one). Then, substitute the second 0 to reflect the IV or EV you want to change (0=HP, 1=Attack, 2=Defence, 3=Sp. Atk, 4=Sp. Def, 5=Speed).

So, if I wanted to change the defence IV of the third Pokémon in my party to 31, then I would simply use this statement.

Code:
pokemon[2].iv[2]=31

the way you specified is for a pokemon in your party, i was talking about post-capture stat changing, but this does give me insight as to what it might be. for ex. pokemon.iv[2]=31, i know it's not much difference, but im trying to adapt it for the pokeball scripts.

i also forgot to mention last night about day, night and location captures. how would these variables be called for a capture rate boost for a ball? i was gonna ask in my last post, but i completely forgot about it. >.<

Last edited:

Darksun

triple rainbow, yo
Years
I'm sorry to ask again, but I really need som answers, and I haven't got any.

How do I change the screen size of the game?

and

How do I change the colour on the text that's in the message box in battle?

I'd really appreciate if someone could answer.
Thanks. ^^

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2009
.floor basically means it will round down to the nearest whole number, and it's the opposite with .ceiling, I believe. So if you use a Great Ball on a, say, Bulbasaur, the formula would be:

rareness=(45*3/2).floor, which would yield a rareness of 67 (67.5 rounded down).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back