• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hack's Recommendations

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
If we're talking Ruby Destiny, I say start with Reign of Legends and go forward; it's pretty interesting to watch as DJG's hacking abilities have grown overtime.
Oh, and Rescue Rangers is so much fun. Probably had the most fun playing any when hack playing that.

OG_Haunter

Lv 5
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 18, 2014
I enjoy Light Platinum and Glazed for their story plot and have amazing effects also glazed can be quite a challenge. Try them out and hopefully you will like them :)

rom hunter

tongue-tied
Years
I am playing Liquid Crystal and its really cool. If you are a fan of Ash Ketchum and want to try old charm of Indigo League (Kanto region), go for AshGrey.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Ohio
  • Seen May 24, 2014
Are there are ROM Hacks with dragon-type starters?

I know of Victory Fire which in my opinion is poor design, and Dark Rising which I've beaten already. Are there any others?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 5, 2014
Realistic/badass sprite hack?

So I'm new here, but I've played a few pokemon hacks and tried a few of the newer games...mostly though I find I lose interest in anything other than paying GEN 1 again and never finish them. Manly pink so far is the exception to that rule. Mostly because playing pokemon is more for reminiscing than anything for me now. I was wondering if there were any hacks of either R/B/Y or Fire Red that simply replaced the original sprites with cooler/more realistic ones?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 3, 2023
Looking for a particular hack.

Some months ago I came across a Let's Play on some forum that used a Fire Red (I think)
hack that was mostly a text edit.
Gary Oak and almost every single person in the game would treat you like an imposter saying things like "You're not him" and Gary says "How do you have his face?!" or something of the like.
Every single sign said "get out" or something along those lines.

Anybody know the name of this? I keep trying to remember the name or find the Let's Play again but it's been too long and I've just completely forgotten it.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I wouldn't know, but I would like to ask why you're hunting for them. A Dragon type starter is quite impractical because you wouldn't be able to train it at all, and it would be too strong for the early game if you don't nerf it. Note that most games don't have Ice-types early on either, so it's basically a cruise for you. If you want, you could make a hack yourself on it.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Ohio
  • Seen May 24, 2014
I wouldn't know, but I would like to ask why you're hunting for them. A Dragon type starter is quite impractical because you wouldn't be able to train it at all, and it would be too strong for the early game if you don't nerf it. Note that most games don't have Ice-types early on either, so it's basically a cruise for you. If you want, you could make a hack yourself on it.

Victory Fire was actually too easy.

Dark Rising had scaling difficulty that ended up becoming pretty ridiculous, but still fun all the same.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Dark Rising had scaling difficulty that ended up becoming pretty ridiculous, but still fun all the same.
...You know, nothing against DRG, and I've never played the game myself, but...I don't know if I'd call massive amounts of overleveled enemies and level spikes "fun". I mean, to each his own, but I'm on the same boat as Hoenn. I just can't see why you're looking for a game with Dragon starter.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Ohio
  • Seen May 24, 2014
...You know, nothing against DRG, and I've never played the game myself, but...I don't know if I'd call massive amounts of overleveled enemies and level spikes "fun". I mean, to each his own, but I'm on the same boat as Hoenn. I just can't see why you're looking for a game with Dragon starter.

Simply for fun and as a model if I can create a ROM hack of my own some day.

I won't go the DRG/Victory Fire route, though. I'll see if I can make the difficulty near perfect.

Years
  • Age 84
  • Seen Jun 29, 2017
I've seen someone battle the Champion on a YT video, ♥♥♥♥ me that ♥♥♥♥ is hard. He keeps trying to stall out your PP with constant Hyper Potions and withdrawals.

It's ridiculous.

Back