• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Hey dark steelix i'm not sure if you've said it, but how many SRs did it take for you to get Uxie?

It took me 90 days of Sring, and I average 5 hours of Sring per day, so that works out to around 54000 SRs. Yeah I was glad it finally appeared, but Palkia and treecko took even longer. Ugh I'm hoping to get something soon. yay Tomorrow's Canada Day, maybe I'll get some luck then. June was a bust for me. No Honey tree pokes decided to shine and neither did Kyogre :/ I've focused all my efforts at the moment on Honey tree pokes, mostly combee. I'm slathering trees in 3 games, Diamond 1, Pearl 1 and my Jpn Pearl. so Hopefully I can get a combee at least every couple days. I will Sr for any cherubi, aipom and burmy that show up though if no combee is present. But if I happen to get super lucky heracross or even the legendary munchlax, I'll SR for those over any present Combees. Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

Years
It took me 90 days of Sring, and I average 5 hours of Sring per day, so that works out to around 54000 SRs. Yeah I was glad it finally appeared, but Palkia and treecko took even longer. Ugh I'm hoping to get something soon. yay Tomorrow's Canada Day, maybe I'll get some luck then. June was a bust for me. No Honey tree pokes decided to shine and neither did Kyogre :/ I've focused all my efforts at the moment on Honey tree pokes, mostly combee. I'm slathering trees in 3 games, Diamond 1, Pearl 1 and my Jpn Pearl. so Hopefully I can get a combee at least every couple days. I will Sr for any cherubi, aipom and burmy that show up though if no combee is present. But if I happen to get super lucky heracross or even the legendary munchlax, I'll SR for those over any present Combees. Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

Wow. My spirits just got screwed. Damn. Now I'm depressed. This hunt seems so bleak... How did you do it?

Gazza

Heaven-Piercer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 25, 2016
nowt much too report except i caught three of my target pokemon tangela, gastly and pinser.

but thats about it i am chasing down a vulpix at the moment..

wish me luck

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
I have had a rough day.

A day of cleaning and chaining turned into a day of sitting in hot sun and fishing.

Magikarp fishing.

For some stupid reason I was brought along with my Dad as he took Mom to the doctors again. So I had to sit. And wait. And wait. And wait. And wait.

The lighting was bad so I couldn't chain. So I broke out Pearl #2 and started fishing. No shiny.

It was hard to even get the stupid Magikarp to come up. More often than not, I would go on a string of "Not even a nibble" that lasted 10 or more fishing.
I think I have a tan on my right arm from the sunlight.

My purpose?
Not a thing. I don't even know why I went. I didn't plan to. Then all of a sudden my Dad says "You better start shutting stuff down" (i.e. computer etc. for those nosy people who can't keep to their own business).

So I come home, play NASCAR Thunder '03 (Nothing works right. I'm not fast, I got my best career finish 9th at Talledega but I finished 34th at Fontana...) go out again with my Dad to get medicine.

More waiting in the sun.

Come back, eat dinner, play more Thunder and now I'm watching Hell's Kitchen, and I'll probably start chaining Sneasel again.

I had better luck in the snow. Thanks anyway.
The lake has a lot of grass patches to play with but the Pokemon I hate most is also there (Bibarel). And it broke my chain early.

I also sorta have a challenger. If he uses his shiny Pokemon, I'll have to contend with a shiny Giratina. It should still be UT though, the counter I think of is my Tyranitar. Typing and Crunch. Also has Dragon Claw. Hee hee!

VS. Hella defenses and HP. I should be able to get it down very, very far though.

Good luck everyone

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2011
Hello all. I was very lucky today a got a shiny Treecko after a few resets. I've been going for one since early May and I was shocked when I saw it Blue with a Red tail. It's a Bold nature male.

Tabatha

A figment of your imgination
Years
Hello all. I was very lucky today a got a shiny Treecko after a few resets. I've been going for one since early May and I was shocked when I saw it Blue with a Red tail. It's a Bold nature male.

Congratz!
Today I was disapointed to find my swarm as Dunsparce...and since I can't seem to decide what I'd like to chain I'm just going to ev train my shiny electrode today

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
hi all ^^ long time no see my pc will be fix soon. and matty sorry i cant put pic up. dont have anything that can take pic. well im out. my pc going to the shop today woot. im on my friends atm. swampert im going get your shiny target soon. and i got to a chain of 40 for absol but some how i forgot to put max repel. bye for now people

congrats to all

Tabatha

Years
hey you guy no new shinies YET but i searching for giratina anyone wanna race?

I actually need to go get giratina in my game still and I'll prob want to SR for a shiny one but I don't really feel like starting today and I work all day tommorrow, but on the weekend I have to take a boat back over to victoria island to look for apartments for when I move back for school....anyways lighting in the car and on the boat isn't ideal for chainning so I could start my SRing then and we could race....althought please no need to wait for me if you wish to start now I'll just catch up tooo you... pm me if your up for it and we can pm back and forth with updates and what not :p =)

41victory

>.> Nobody saw anything <.<
Years
Well... Hi people...
I used to be a part of this but I never really was commited to anything in PC, I was just someone in the shadows overlooking stuff and reading posts.
So to get to the point I was hoping I could re-join the shiny hunters and come out the shadows, yeah..
Thats all :)

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Well... Hi people...
I used to be a part of this but I never really was commited to anything in PC, I was just someone in the shadows overlooking stuff and reading posts.
So to get to the point I was hoping I could re-join the shiny hunters and come out the shadows, yeah..
Thats all :)

I can see in the dark.

Well, I would have a new video but it hasn't finished processing yet. This is the longest it's taken to process a video for me, I uploaded it hours ago!!!

I'll go ahead and tell you what it's about...

Hey, nevermind, I'm sticking with the lake: A shiny Sneasel came on a chain of just 5.

This can only be works of the Secret ID, or at least that's what I think. And how certain Pokemon can be attained easier than when other people try, and vice versa. I have extremely good luck with Sneasel (C'mon, 19, 15, and now 5?!?!?)....

I think I'm about to 20 in the same chain, I didn't do much on it today, my brother came and we had a good time on Mario Kart Wii.

If I do get to 40, I expect the shiny Sneasel to "pour" in. At this rate, I plan on getting as many as I can. At first I thought they looked a little weird, but now I think they're pretty cool!

The one I caught at the 5 chain was Naive. It's one speed point off of the other I have but it has more attack.

Good luck everyone, and congratulations to those who have new shinies. A friend of my just got his own shiny Giratina as well.

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
YES MY COMPUTERS FIX WOOT! im going back atm and checking out what i miss. congrats DDD. i hate the fact that you have better luck than me lol. you always get your first shiny at a low chain =/. hope my jealousy isnt ugly.

Gazza

Heaven-Piercer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 25, 2016
welcome back shinyhunter as youcan see my collection has grown by two

i have sent you a PM of my pokemon list but i don't think i added all the pokemon

so just in case here it is again it youhave not got round to doing it yet
squirtle
weedle
slowpoke
squirtle
vulpix
mewtwo will i have to soft reset for it

Years
Well, I've been away for a while, but I've been busy! Thus far, I've collected:

• 1 shiny Swellow
  • 8 shiny Mareep
  • 3 shiny Sneasel

Swellow was that bugger who came early on the chain. It's a Sassy Male IIRC. Still no pictures, since every time I think of it, I happen to be in the middle of a chain.

The Mareep were hard fought for. Feeling invincible after Seviper, Mareep was a hard reality check, and it took seven broken chains before I hit 40.

Sneasel was dead easy. The first chain went to 40 and I was greeted by an early Sneasel at 35. My chain is still going and I've recorded another shiny patch in it.

I see that while I was away, DDD's been up to some good chaining. Gratz, guy, on deciphering the Radar! And good luck with Sneasel. Y'know, you actually qualify for three separate Sneasel on your card (whenever I manage to get around to them -.-) since they were on separate chains. It might still come across as radar whoredom, so it's up to you.

I hatched a whole box of shiny Charmanders once.... It hurt. I needed some special cream after that...........
After ONE box? C'mon, I've done like 80-something "boxes" (actually, I release most of them on the spot now) of Chikoritas and am not even close to breaking a sweat! :P

lol. Well, I hope you get Uxie soon, but if it was me, I wouldn't have went to go try to chain Buizel, because all I can think of when SRing is that if I encounter anything else, if I had encountered what I was SRing for at that time, it might have been shiny.

Not to say that the 24 or so Buizel you saw could've been shiny Uxie instead....

Just makes me think of the RNG.
Umm, that's not how the RNG works. Odds are, even if you were still in front of whatever it was you were SRing for, your timing wouldn't have been precisely identical and have drawn that shiny. Even on Emerald, timing is a huge factor and going off to do other stuff doesn't affect anything.

Oh, I've got a question. I've been playing Pearl on an emulator and when I have the chance, I'd definitely like to Shiny Hunt with the PokeRadar when it's available. Will they count? And of course, I'm a legit player. Hacks=never used :)
Sorry, but no. Emulators and flash cards are considered "unsupported platforms," and shinies found on them may not count. There is no sharp line between hacking/not hacking on unsupported platforms, so we can't count them. Especially with things that have no effect on the program but a massive effect on fairness like savestates and fast forward. :P

No, they won't count. I wouldn't even play a Pokemon game on an emulator, because if I found a shiny, it'd kill me because I didn't really have it nor I couldn't really transfer it over.
Send me your .sav file. I could bring them over into the "real world." :P And trade them back to you over wi-fi. They still wouldn't count! :P

Sneasel is hurt by poison!
The wild Sneasel fainted!
Breloom gained a buttkicking!

Exactly what MM mentioned earlier. Effect Spore.
Only I caught the Spearow at high health! :P I make damn sure that every hunter Breloom I use on the 4th-gen carries Poison Heal. On Fire Red, I now use a Flying Smeargle! :D

A few resets? A FEW resets? It took me like 30,000 resets to get that bugger, and you get one after... a few?

(j/k, congrats. Most of my early Treecko SRing was against the Emerald RNG of Doom before it was discovered. It only took a few hundred SRs (and a couple Gold Pooches -.-) after switching to Sapphire.)

Hey, nevermind, I'm sticking with the lake: A shiny Sneasel came on a chain of just 5.

This can only be works of the Secret ID, or at least that's what I think. And how certain Pokemon can be attained easier than when other people try, and vice versa. I have extremely good luck with Sneasel (C'mon, 19, 15, and now 5?!?!?)....

I think I'm about to 20 in the same chain, I didn't do much on it today, my brother came and we had a good time on Mario Kart Wii.

If I do get to 40, I expect the shiny Sneasel to "pour" in. At this rate, I plan on getting as many as I can. At first I thought they looked a little weird, but now I think they're pretty cool!
I dunno. I'm up to 26,300 steps (526 radar resets) as of reaching 40 and have still only seen 2 of the buggers. It does seem like the shiny patch frequency varies with the chain. Oddly enough, it seems that the rarest Pokémon (Seviper and Mareep for me) have the highest rate of shiny patches once you've hit 40! This is just from experience, though, and might be random.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
Sorry, but no. Emulators and flash cards are considered "unsupported platforms," and shinies found on them may not count. There is no sharp line between hacking/not hacking on unsupported platforms, so we can't count them. Especially with things that have no effect on the program but a massive effect on fairness like savestates and fast forward. :P

Ouch but the thing with savestates and fast forward, I don't use them. I'm playing the game as if it was a handheld. I know, you'd have to take my word along with everyone else who plays on an emulator. Well, until I get myself a copy of Pearl for my DS, I'll stick with my emulator!

I could still post on here about updates like chains and what not right? I know they wouldn't count but it's still my hard work :D

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
The curse of the golden pooch strikes again >_>

So i started resetting for treecko today, on the 91st reset look what pops up.

dsc00086xg5.jpg

This is the second time this has happened, i can only hope that the treecko will come soon.

Never has my avatar seemed so apt.

The Graceful Assassin

Dispose Of The Betrayer....
Years
The curse of the golden pooch strikes again >_>

So i started resetting for treecko today, on the 91st reset look what pops up.

dsc00086xg5.jpg

This is the second time this has happened, i can only hope that the treecko will come soon.

Never has my avatar seemed so apt.

oh crap that kills confidence, i met the cursed shiny zigzagoon once while going for torchic. But knowing your luck you will get treeko soon. i havent been resetting for giratina lately but now im starting to pick it up again. Good luck everyone

and Venom i know how it feels..,

rapid whalelord

<--She's a ribbon queen...38!
Years
bad luck showers us all but expect good thing soon don't let things like this dowst the flame that is your confidence.(lol i felt in that kinda mood to right in a poem form thing.)

p.s. shiny giratina you will be MINE!

Tabatha

Years
Well, I've been away for a while, but I've been busy! Thus far, I've collected:

• 1 shiny Swellow
  • 8 shiny Mareep
  • 3 shiny Sneasel
8 SHINY MAREEP QQ I have been trying and trying to get a shiny mareep forever! I chain and I chain and I even chain it when I'm ev training my electrode but my darn chain ALWAYS breaks sometime after 30, it's like mareep is my cursed pokemon!
Anyways I'm going to start SR for Giratina later tonight when I'm off work to race Rapid Whalelord so no mareep will be torturing me for awhile! Guess I better pull out the tally paper though -_-

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
SHINY TREECKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was watching a dvd while soft resetting, and it had just come to a funny part so i wasn't paying any attention to the game, and i was just pressing b to move the battle along and i heard the shiny sound, i thought wtf? looked down and there it was, i sat staring at it for about five minutes, not quite believing it was there but it was, so i leered the poochyena until it ran away and then saved the game.

It only took 228 resets, i have never had a shiny come that fast, never mind a shiny starter.

I'll edit with pics when i've uploaded them.

dsc00092wd6.jpg

dsc00093gj7.jpg

dsc00094xr0.jpg

Last edited:
Back