• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Apollo

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvoza2

Armored Skarmory
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 1, 2019
I just attempted to start over with the new version, since my old save is no longer compatible. when i attempt to leave the start room, the game black screens, and freezes. Help!

Years
This game is amazing. I have just finished Beta 0.3 (well, I am inside the helicopter, being attacked by Pikachu, and when I exit it I appear in Lavender Town Pokémon Center, so I suppose that's it). It's such an original game, it's so fun to steal Pokémon, items, etc. I loved getting Slowpoke and Smoochum that way (and I was also lucky with Smoochum's Modest Nature). Now they are great Jynx and Slowking. Congratulations on making a great game, I really look forward to future releases.

The only thing I don't like is that starters (in my case Koffing + Meowth) are too weak. I had to stop training Koffing at lv 14, because it didn't do any damage, and had problems with everything. And I stopped training Meowth at lv 23, because it is so weak, it cannot win any single battle, after finishing the Mt. Moon quest, it always dies because it is so frail, and lacks offensive power, Fake Out is the only thing it has going for it... (perhaps you should increase their stats, or if you already have, maybe a bit more?)

There is also a problem with the items trainers use, such as the X Items. They can be useful and make things harder, of course, but normally it made me things much easier instead, especially in the Pokémon Tower in Lavender Town. Haunter/Gengar are frail, and when using the X Special item I can just KO them in two hits being hit only once.

Apart from that I found a few bugs, and I took screens of 2 of them:

24346474.png
Zen Headbutt should be a Psychic-type move.
1shouldbespinarak.png
98567708.png
Here, Ledyba is mentioned twice, and in the second one it should be Spinarak.

Also, the elemental fangs are broken. The 3 of them have 100% of inflicting Burn, Freeze, or Paralysis, respectively.

I also wanted to ask you something. I evolved my Growlithe quite early, level 23-25 if I recall correctly. Have I missed any important moves, or will Arcanine be capable of learning useful moves in the future?

Thanks for this great game, it's one of the best hacks I've seen.

Last edited:
Years
I like the idea of playing as team rocket a lot.. I would add silver from gold/silver/crystal (the rival) as a part of the game

Years
Oh, now that I am sure I finished the actual beta here is my feedback:
- first I agree with everything Mochorro said: Starters and Meowth are very weak me too I gave up on them even tough pick up gives a conciderable amount of PP Up, raising their stats might make them more useful, how about changing their types? for exemple koffing to poison+fire, Ekans to poison+dark and Grimer to poison+ghost. It would be silly hehe. :D
- Giving Potions to every single trainer out there is, in my personal opinion, a bad idea, it just makes them annoying and boring and forces you to go back for healing repeatedly. Only the "boss" trainers and the last trainers to fight in an area should have trainer items I guess. But again, this is just me!
- Some doors animation isn't very well looking.
- After taking the fossils from Mt. Moon, The first mission was centered about stealing the fossil and giving them to Giovanni, even J&J (jessie&James) try to steal it from you to get the praise from the boss, but when the mission is achieved there was no interview between the player and Giovanni it didn't make quite sense to me and I had no idea what to do I just left the HQ and headed wherever I could head to until I reached Lavendar Town, you should probably make the warp after Fossils mission send you to Giovanni's who will congratulate you for completing the mission of mt. moon and gives you the new orders and such.
- Tackle is not updated to match gen 4+ (should have 100% accuracy), also Fire Fang is overpowered with its 100% burn status, it made things a lot easy for me.~~

Also: (big picture!)
Spoiler:

Years
Cant wait to check it out gonna download it and play but it seems like the more fun team rocket hacks.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Oh, now that I am sure I finished the actual beta here is my feedback:
- first I agree with everything Mochorro said: Starters and Meowth are very weak me too I gave up on them even tough pick up gives a conciderable amount of PP Up, raising their stats might make them more useful, how about changing their types? for exemple koffing to poison+fire, Ekans to poison+dark and Grimer to poison+ghost. It would be silly hehe. :D
- Giving Potions to every single trainer out there is, in my personal opinion, a bad idea, it just makes them annoying and boring and forces you to go back for healing repeatedly. Only the "boss" trainers and the last trainers to fight in an area should have trainer items I guess. But again, this is just me!
- Some doors animation isn't very well looking.
- After taking the fossils from Mt. Moon, The first mission was centered about stealing the fossil and giving them to Giovanni, even J&J (jessie&James) try to steal it from you to get the praise from the boss, but when the mission is achieved there was no interview between the player and Giovanni it didn't make quite sense to me and I had no idea what to do I just left the HQ and headed wherever I could head to until I reached Lavendar Town, you should probably make the warp after Fossils mission send you to Giovanni's who will congratulate you for completing the mission of mt. moon and gives you the new orders and such.
- Tackle is not updated to match gen 4+ (should have 100% accuracy), also Fire Fang is overpowered with its 100% burn status, it made things a lot easy for me.~~

Also: (big picture!)
Spoiler:

Hrm, I realise that Koffing and Meowth and such can be perceived as weak, but to be honest, they're not supposed to be overpowered. Team Rocket are supposed to have a tough time, especially at the beginning. I also personally dislike changing types and such.
Ekans actually becomes quite viable in the later parts of the game because of its good moveset, and Muk / Weezing are quite solid at lvl 40ish.

Eh I understand the potion thing, but to be honest its the same as the thing above, I want it to be difficult.

Yeah some of the doors are broken, I plan on using Door Manager in the future I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

But Giovanni does give you your mission? I thought I scripted it so you had to go back to Giovanni and talk to him about the next mission? There may have been a problem with that?

This game is amazing. I have just finished Beta 0.3 (well, I am inside the helicopter, being attacked by Pikachu, and when I exit it I appear in Lavender Town Pokémon Center, so I suppose that's it). It's such an original game, it's so fun to steal Pokémon, items, etc. I loved getting Slowpoke and Smoochum that way (and I was also lucky with Smoochum's Modest Nature). Now they are great Jynx and Slowking. Congratulations on making a great game, I really look forward to future releases.

The only thing I don't like is that starters (in my case Koffing + Meowth) are too weak. I had to stop training Koffing at lv 14, because it didn't do any damage, and had problems with everything. And I stopped training Meowth at lv 23, because it is so weak, it cannot win any single battle, after finishing the Mt. Moon quest, it always dies because it is so frail, and lacks offensive power, Fake Out is the only thing it has going for it... (perhaps you should increase their stats, or if you already have, maybe a bit more?)

There is also a problem with the items trainers use, such as the X Items. They can be useful and make things harder, of course, but normally it made me things much easier instead, especially in the Pokémon Tower in Lavender Town. Haunter/Gengar are frail, and when using the X Special item I can just KO them in two hits being hit only once.

Apart from that I found a few bugs, and I took screens of 2 of them:

Zen Headbutt should be a Psychic-type move.
Here, Ledyba is mentioned twice, and in the second one it should be Spinarak.

Also, the elemental fangs are broken. The 3 of them have 100% of inflicting Burn, Freeze, or Paralysis, respectively.

I also wanted to ask you something. I evolved my Growlithe quite early, level 23-25 if I recall correctly. Have I missed any important moves, or will Arcanine be capable of learning useful moves in the future?

Thanks for this great game, it's one of the best hacks I've seen.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you like it.

Hrm, in reference to the difficulty issue, that's eliberate. I don't particularly want the starters to be too strong. I can see that they aren't that viable at the early stages but they do become more useful eventually. Ekans in particular gets quite a decent moveset, Grimer is generally quite strong offensively. I tend to use Koffing and have found it fine so far, I use it primarily as a sponge.

Thanks for pointing out the problems with the moves, I'll fix all of those ASAP. The Elemental Fangs surprised me, as I'd written the code for them myself, I must have used a wrong byte somewhere.

Also thanks for telling me about the double Ledyba. I'll change that too.

Growlithe learns pretty powerful moves from 30-49, Arcanine does learn Extremespeed at 49, but outside of that it won't learn much else. From memory, highlights from Growlithe's learnset are Flare Blitz, Close Combat, Wild Charge, Crunch etc.

Years
But Giovanni does give you your mission? I thought I scripted it so you had to go back to Giovanni and talk to him about the next mission? There may have been a problem with that?
Eh, I have no memory about it. ;_; I am pretty much sure that after getting the fossils I was warped to my room in the HQs when I went to talk to Giovanni he only said a mere line. Maybe because I continued from an old save.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
QUOTE=11bayerf1;7590403]But Giovanni does give you your mission? I thought I scripted it so you had to go back to Giovanni and talk to him about the next mission? There may have been a problem with that?
Eh, I have no memory about it. ;_; I am pretty much sure that after getting the fossils I was warped to my room in the HQs when I went to talk to Giovanni he only said a mere line. Maybe because I continued from an old save.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, I believe it may be caused by the old save. I replaced Giovannis level script to run off the Setvar 5561 as opposed to 4331 because 4331 caused problems with the PC. Which means that if you used an old save this change wouldn't have been recognized.

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
Years
Eh, I have no memory about it. ;_; I am pretty much sure that after getting the fossils I was warped to my room in the HQs when I went to talk to Giovanni he only said a mere line. Maybe because I continued from an old save.

Ah yes, I believe it may be caused by the old save. I replaced Giovannis level script to run off the Setvar 5561 as opposed to 4331 because 4331 caused problems with the PC. Which means that if you used an old save this change wouldn't have been recognized.[/QUOTE]

Yesterday I started over and Giovanni just said what he always does after getting the fossils and warp into my room.

Leafgreen2itsmyidea

Pokémon Master
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2013
Amazing Game!,
Really like the Plot. And the cool twists you made,
One thing, BE CAREFUL WITH HIGH LEVELS IN THE BEGINNING
For beginning Pokémon-Gamers the start is quite DIFFICULT,
But for me it was just challenging and fun,
Not much "big" bugs, most of them are just beauty-mistakes.
I enjoy playing this more than playing Light Platinum so,
HotY 2013 , Maybe you'll have a "Good" change.
I've mad a "Mark" for your hack:

Storyline 89.5% (Excellent Work, Keep up the good job!)
Gameplay 91.5 (Very Good, really hoping to see more of this!)
Sprites 77.5 (Little Palette errors, But still a good job)
Scripting 85.5% (Good, Cool and Funny Battle Scripts)
Engagingness 79% (Good, and engaging storyline, fun.)
Mapping 53% (Sorry, Barely "Map Changes")
Tiling 69% (Good Tiles, Sometimes a bit to "Clear")

Overall 77.8% (Very good work.)

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2013
Oh my gosh this is great, i love games where you can be evil, how far does the demo go through or is it completed?

KennyKid

scipter
Years
Wow this hack looks interesting! I'm really supprised when I was capture by the police when I go through the gate, and then fight them :).
It's really strange

Keep going, i really love your game:)

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2016
Just wanted to share that Koffing at level 20+ is able to learn Haze naturally but i am unable to select it to keep it in my moveset. Is it a bug of somesort?

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2014
i do have one problem the only water type i get is magikarp and i dislike vaporeon
any way to put horsea and staryu in the game earlier

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2016
@ justinwest

I 'm quite sure u can steal an poliwhirl at celadon city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back