• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirEmerald

Pokemon reverse engineer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
I am not excactly sure where to post this, but this sounds like a good place to ask:
What is necroposting? My game thread was recently closed b/c of this, and I searched and only came to the conlcusion it is caused because of posting on an old thread. So i have a few questions:
How old does the thread have to be in order to necropost?
is the age of the thread determined by the time since the last post or the last update?
Can I create a new thread to replace the old one?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Online now
How old does the thread have to be in order to necropost?
Depends on the section. Generally, the cut-off is a month old. Some sections have different rules on this though, so if you're worried, you can check the rules/ask the moderator of the section for clarification. Also, stickied threads are exempt from the necroposting rule, so you can post in a sticky thread no matter the date.

is the age of the thread determined by the time since the last post or the last update?
Last post made by any member.

Can I create a new thread to replace the old one?
You can. Or you can ask Maruno if he can open your thread so you can post an update in it without needing to create a completely new thread.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Is there some option to put another font or another color by default in all the posts I make without having to edit it in every post?

ubermola

He of the Obscure References
Years
  • Seen May 6, 2014
There used to be a long time ago but it was disabled
From what i can tell, this is because people were using colors like light green or bright orange, and using hard to read fonts. Trying to read posts in these colors and fonts gets really annoying really fast.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
Years
Hey i just donated 100 dollars via paypal, how do i go about getting my tier 5 thing? I have the recipt and everything.

FirEmerald

Pokemon reverse engineer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
thanks.
I haven't got an update yet, but I will have one eventually, so I needed the info

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I just wanted to post on a thread, and a captcha popped up.
This is the first time this has happened to me, is it going to be a standard from
now on when posting on PC? Thanks for any replies

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I just wanted to post on a thread, and a captcha popped up.
This is the first time this has happened to me, is it going to be a standard from
now on when posting on PC? Thanks for any replies

This has happened before and I don't think it's much to worry about cause it only happens every now and then. It happened to me once and I was told that it only happens occasionally. Shouldn't be a regular thing that happens alot.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It's probably referring to the Skype chat from Get Together, which is over. I think you'll just have to wait till the next one, unfortunately.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
Hello, I've seen that there are sound tags as in [sound=title]url[/sound] and I was wondering how exactly to get a song's url, cause I'm pretty much clueless on that one :o I also hope counts as a community question thingy and stuff :$

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Hello, I've seen that there are sound tags as in [sound=title]url[/sound] and I was wondering how exactly to get a song's url, cause I'm pretty much clueless on that one :o I also hope counts as a community question thingy and stuff :$
You need to upload the sound file to a file hosting site and then use the .mp3 link that it generates :)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
That's against the rules so if you go to anyone's profile and music is playing, you can report it.

Not an instant fix (which admittedly I feel wouldn't be that hard) but at least something can be done. :/

Years
That's against the rules so if you go to anyone's profile and music is playing, you can report it.

Not an instant fix (which admittedly I feel wouldn't be that hard) but at least something can be done. :/
It's likely not on PC's end and is probably on Youtube's end, because it's doing this on everyone's profile with a Youtube video attached to it, and I doubt that every single member with a Youtube video on their profile would intentionally set the video to autoplay..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back