• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Serious or goofing around?

TY

When you play video games, do you play them serious or do you just goof around?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I goof around if my I play with people I don't know, but when its with people I know, I tend to get serious, especially in team games cos if I fool around, it would bring down the team. But of course, if its 1v1 game, most of the time I will fool around.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Well...that depends on a lot of variables. Is there a story? What's the games genre? Is it Single Player or Multiplayer? Is it linear, Semi-Open World, Open World, or Sandbox? Is the game itself serious? How much control do I have over the game? What qualifies as "goofing around".

So there's a lot consider, though generally if I do goof around in a game it'll be spontaneous. If it's multiplayer and I'm with friends I probably will (unless it has an involved story, in which case I'll have a good mix of the two). Sandboxy games and Open-world games tend to be my biggest "goof around" playgrounds, though to have the most fun in those games I generally immerse myself in the world and only really goof around if I'm using a non-serious save (or no save at all).

Other than that, I generally play games seriously.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Single Player I'm semi-serious. Just faffing about the world while paying attention to the story, and enjoying the challenge at hand. Multiplayer its full goof around. My friends are only good at Pro Evo, anything else and I have to dial it down just so the playing field can be even.

Years
Depends on the game. Normally, games like GTA (sandbox games), I will do both, as sometimes I am just bored of being linear and want to kill/screw about. But, normally games like sports (FIFA, F1...) I will be serious! :3​

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
For me, it depends on the story of the game. If the story leaves me with a serious feeling, I'll play serious, wanting to get my character to the end as best as possible. Other times, I'm halfway between serious and derpy, often goofing around doing everything aside from the story unless I have to.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 4, 2014
Call of duty : play serious unless we want a laugh then we ( me and my team) will goof around. Any other game such as Forza:GTA:AssassinsCreed, ect.. I tend to just fool around on ^_^ pokemon I play serious until story line is complete then goof around by attempting silly stuff :p

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Dehends on the game really.. if any single player then I'll take it seriously. If multi plyer like Mario Party I'll muck around on it.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Yeaaah, it depends on the game; usually on RPG games, I take it seriously to complete the game, but after I do the first time, I find more ways to have funnn, like goof off like using only separate characters and what not.

TY

I usually goof around in every game (even team games) cause i end up being quite useful when being not serious. When i play serious however, i become horrible xD

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
When playing RPGs and generally games where there's an interesting (and/or linear) story I play seriously. When I have more freedoms in a game, like in GTA, or Minecraft, I'll goof around a bit too.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I usually goof around in every game (even team games) cause i end up being quite useful when being not serious. When i play serious however, i become horrible xD
I somehow end up doing this with boss fights in the action genre. I approach it seriously, learn its attack patterns and take it down how my mind would assume to thanks to that and fail horribly at it. After the next 10 times I just say screw it, spam random attacks and somehow manage to pull it off.

Lindblum

you're not alone
Years
Depends on what game I'm playing, if it's something like Minecraft I'll usually just derp around and stop playing after an hour or so. Games I'm not good at like FPS etc I just mess around in. But games like Touhou you HAVE to take seriously or you'll die in seconds, even on easy mode. x3 If its a multiplayer game and I'm playing with a friend/someone cool I'll probably mess about just for the hell of it. If I lose really badly on a small game, like web-based ones, I'll usually just be a sore loser and mess the game up for everyone else if possible. :P

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
I only play in a goof-off style if I'm bored or if I'm tired. (due to a lack of sleep) For example. When I'm playing Modern Warfare 2, if I get tired and just goof off and run around, picking up random weapons and shooting at the random things.

I personally hate gaming like that. And when I do play like that, it's a sign that I'm ready for bed. Lol.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
The only games I have ever played seriously are Halo 3, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Mario Strikers Charged and Pokemon a little bit. The rest of the time I goof around. Videogames relax me from stress for the most part. That's the point of games, to relax and have fun. :)

Back