• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
Years
You can't find the backsprites in unlz. Take a look at zel's tutorial. The ows ('walking and bike sprites') are editable using ow editor/ow editor rebirth edition. I think it's in the toolbox.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009
Okay thanks for answering my last question, but now I can't seem to find anything on editing Trainer's palettes. I really have no idea how to do that now... I have APE but I'm not sure how to find the numbers for colors that I want. Thanks in advance.

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Okay, is there a guide anywhere on how to completely change the world map in GS? When I mean completely, I mean changing the fly-points, the XY locations of the cities/routes and stuff like that?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
What is the best hex editor to get?
I'll find it in google, I just need the name.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Zephiel said:
Okay thanks for answering my last question, but now I can't seem to find anything on editing Trainer's palettes. I really have no idea how to do that now... I have APE but I'm not sure how to find the numbers for colors that I want. Thanks in advance.

You need to search for the colours in a hex editor, but first use the VBA's palette viewer to see what colours you are searching for, all you need to do is reverse the bytes, search for the reversed bytes in hex and then when found you can edit them there or write the offset in APE.

Melash said:
Okay, is there a guide anywhere on how to completely change the world map in GS? When I mean completely, I mean changing the fly-points, the XY locations of the cities/routes and stuff like that?

There isn't a guide on how to do it, as it is not too difficult either. The picture of the Johto map is at 91F52-920BA. The picture of the Kanto map is at 920BB-92223. Where you can fly to on the Johto map is at 91BCC and their pointers are at 91B8D.

Eeveon said:
What is the best hex editor to get?
I'll find it in google, I just need the name.

Most of the Hex editors are the same, zophar has a few decent ones, just download one and try it out.

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2010
advance map help - deleting a map

hi,
im hacking a pokemon emerald rom using advance map. i accidently clicked insert and created another map. i need someone who knows about this to tell me how to delete the map.
thanks,
koglaa

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Why do you want to delete it?
Well...I'm not sure if you can...
Anyway, just don't use the map...it can come in handy when you need another map...:)

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2010
Why do you want to delete it?
Well...I'm not sure if you can...
Anyway, just don't use the map...it can come in handy when you need another map...:)

are you sure?, becuase i am making my first hack and it is starting from the "accedental map" which i created.
sorry about the wording

also,
how do i get the computer (in the game) to boot up from a different area
i308.photobucket.com/albums/kk325/koglaa/hax.jpg
i308.photobucket.com/albums/kk325/koglaa/hax2.jpg

sorry for the many questions,
is elite-map compatible with pokemon emerald?

Last edited:

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
Years
I'm having a problem with inserting new badges. I inserted new ones, which turned out to be messed up and now I am trying to insert correct ones. When I insert them, it still shows the messed up ones. How can I fix this?

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2008
Although I'm making my first pokemon hack, I'm not new to hacking. I normally hack Fire Emblem games onver on a different forum, but this time I started a project to edit a pokemon game (Fire Red), making all of the pokemon into Nintendo characters. However, I have a few questions:

1. Is there an English version of Pokemon Amplifier (PA)? It seems to be a great program, besides the minor snag that I can't read it.

2. Is there any way to add more moves into the game? I know I have 354 attacks in Fire Red, but is it possible to double that number?

3. Is there some way (some tool, perhaps) that makes script very beginner friendly? It seems like there's no short cut to learning it...

4. In Fire Red, can I make it possible to fly to the islands from the mainland?

That's all I have for now. Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
I was wondering, how would I do a titlescreen BG?
I have dialga in mine right now...but i would like a background, can someone help?

Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2014
Hey, I searched around but I couldn't find the answer to this anywhere

1) Is there any way to resize a town's map in Pokemon Gold without the connection data messing up
2) Also is there any other map editor for Pokemon Gold apart from Zeromap that lets you change connection data (in English preferably)

Thanks

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
bobby681 said:
Hey, I searched around but I couldn't find the answer to this anywhere

1) Is there any way to resize a town's map in Pokemon Gold without the connection data messing up
2) Also is there any other map editor for Pokemon Gold apart from Zeromap that lets you change connection data (in English preferably)

Thanks

1. You have to fix up the connection data, as resize will change the x and y of the connection.

2. The only other option would be using a hex editor.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2014
Fire Red National Dex Script

What is the National Dex script for Fire Red? (I'm trying to complete a Fire Red edit I'm working on, and I need the national dex so you can catch all 386 Pokemon and evolve them)

Melash

Back for now.
Years
1. You have to fix up the connection data, as resize will change the x and y of the connection.

2. The only other option would be using a hex editor.
1. Well, I need to know how to resize! So I was wondering this: How do I fix up the connection data?
2. Other than TLP, is there any other program that allows you to edit non-compressed images, specificly the tilesets, in Gold Version?
3. Other than AGPIX, is there any other program that allows you to edit compressed images in Gold Version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back