• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
sprites not working

I'm making a hack of Pokemon gold, and if I attempt to interact with certain sprites, this error message pops up.

Unknown opcode fc at _ _ _ _.

It only seems to occur with certain objects, and sometimes a random glitchy effect happens before the message, the only editors I'm using are tile molester, johtomap, and I have windhex for hex editing, I have no idea what is going on, as I haven't touched scripts or or any code, I've just edited graphics and maps, help is appreciated.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I've added several new maps to Emerald, and they're all under Littleroot Town. How do I change this?

Open the map which you want to move under a different name and open the Header tab. In the top left there will be a dropdown menu where you can select towns and routes - Select the one you wish to move it to and save your game. Reopen/ refresh the ROM in Advance Map and the map should be under the correct name.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2014
my rom freezes when i walk only in certain places is there a way for fix this or do i start over with a new rom?

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2014
here ill show you

my game freezes where the red mark is on the pic of my map and the movement permissions and behavior byte are correct so im stumped.

Attachments

• freeze.png
    freeze.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 17

MayanMan2012

Pokemon Dawn/Dusk: Coming Soon
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2014
I've been hacking for a while now, and I thought that I should introduce something new to hacking, so can someone tell me how to compose, or where I can find custom FR/LG music?

Thanks!
~MayanMan

Dark pokemon

Beginner Hacker
Years
I'm making a firered hack and I'm changing the gym leader sprites to hg/ss sprites but in unlz.bga the results are always the one in the attachment.]

Help

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
I've recently encountered a glitch were after ending a battle or closing the menu, the character is frozen, but trying to move moves the screen a few spaces in any direction.

Also, in some instances, you end up taking control of a nearby CPU who can move within the boundaries of a couple spaces. Any idea on what might be causing this?

link12552

decade club
Years
I'm making a firered hack and I'm changing the gym leader sprites to hg/ss sprites but in unlz.bga the results are always the one in the attachment.]

Help

Use NSE, it comes with a plug-in that allows for the editing of trainer sprites,
and it works quite well, if I do say so myself. :laugh:

ipatix

Sound Expert
Years
Unused RAM

I'm nor sure if I'm posting in the right forum and please move it if it' s totally wrong here...

The last few weeks ago I tried to hack some of the limitations of the sound engine Pokemon games use.

For example I want to increase the number of the maximum tracks but to do this I need some free space in the RAM where the song variables should be saved but I've no idea which areas in the RAM are unsed and so I'm asking if anybody knows something about that (actually I'm only searching of free RAM in Emerald but I'm also interested in other games).

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Retrying Post: Help Editing Badges

I posted this about a week ago, but didn't get any answers. So, I'm trying again.

I'm currently working on a hack of Pokemon Ruby, and would like to know if there is a way to edit the plasbadges. By that, I mean the images of the plasbadges that appear on your trainer card after you get them. If it's a certain image number in UnLZ-GBA, I could probably figure it out if I'm just given the image number, as I have a fair deal of experience using UnLZ-GBA for sprites and title screens. If there is a tool out there somewhen to edit the plasbadges, then that's even better. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I posted this about a week ago, but didn't get any answers. So, I'm trying again.

I'm currently working on a hack of Pokemon Ruby, and would like to know if there is a way to edit the plasplasplasplasplasbadges. By that, I mean the images of the plasplasplasplasplasbadges that appear on your trainer card after you get them. If it's a certain image number in UnLZ-GBA, I could probably figure it out if I'm just given the image number, as I have a fair deal of experience using UnLZ-GBA for sprites and title screens. If there is a tool out there somewhen to edit the plasplasplasplasplasbadges, then that's even better. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

The images for the badges are uncompressed, meaning that you won't find them in unLZ. Instead, you should open your ROM with a tile editor (like Tile Molester) and navigate to '0x3b5ab8', where the badge images are stored.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
my Blanket freezes when the red mark is on the pic of my map and the movement permissions and behavior byte are correct so im stumped.

Its strange that it would just freeze at that point for no reason. Are there any scripts on that line?

I've recently encountered a glitch were after ending a Arrest or closing the menu, the character is frozen, but trying to move moves the screen a few spaces in any direction.

Also, in some instances, you end up taking control of a nearby CPU what can move within the boundaries of a couple spaces. Any idea on what might be causing this?

Have a look at your NPCs and check if any have the movement type 'Look Down'. If some have do, change it to 'No Movement'.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back