• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Genesis

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Wow nice. For a busy week you could really make progress.
It just seems like that because I don't show everything I have done, when I usually make an update I show about half of what I've actually done. I don't like to give everything away before people get a chance to play it.

I have finally finished everything in Frostpen City, thank goodness! I was getting really sick of seeing that tileset. Anyway here are two more updates.
2mq9rbm.png

Decapitalization of items! (Last thing I will decapitalize)
t4u3hg.png

I got bored of making Xantos Cave so I decided to start on Route 8

From now on I highly recommend that you do not play beta 1, beta 2 is pretty much just around the corner, it will not be as long as beta 1 was but you will be able to get the Surf HM so alot of places will be accessible now.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
^^ Haha, everyone that posts in my thread gets banned, I think thats 4 people already. Well anyway here are some updates, it's Granite City:
a5i49s.jpg
25u5hd1.png
xc2o9.png

Granite City is the second largest City in Serao and has a lot of stuff to do, including some very important events. This is the place you will finally learn about what your father has been up to and some of the legend behind Arceus. The mapping isn't finalised yet. It looks great in AdvanceMap but in-game it looks quite ugly, so I'll have to re-map it. Oh yeah, theres also a gym here but I forgot to put it in. This might be the place where you get Surf too.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 17, 2013
The Eevee that you get will be either male or female. The male evolves in to only certain Pokemon and the same for the female.

I just noticed this. Mind elaborating on that a little? I plan to have an Espeon in my party at some point, so I'm just wondering if I need Eevee to be a male or a female (if that's what you meant by that). And if so, is there any way to ensure it? If, for example, an Espeon can only be obtained from a Female Eevee, then I would prefer if you made the gender based on karma (or maybe something else, so you can have more freedom on its gender but still be able to pick the hero's gender and side of the story that you want) as opposed to your gender (because I plan on using a male hero). That's just in my opinion though.

If that didn't make any sense, just let me know and I'll try to explain it better.

Anyway, all of the newest updates look really good. I look forward to Beta 2.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I just noticed this. Mind elaborating on that a little? I plan to have an Espeon in my party at some point, so I'm just wondering if I need Eevee to be a male or a female (if that's what you meant by that). And if so, is there any way to ensure it? If, for example, an Espeon can only be obtained from a Female Eevee, then I would prefer if you made the gender based on karma (or maybe something else, so you can have more freedom on its gender but still be able to pick the hero's gender and side of the story that you want) as opposed to your gender (because I plan on using a male hero). That's just in my opinion though.

If that didn't make any sense, just let me know and I'll try to explain it better.

Anyway, all of the newest updates look really good. I look forward to Beta 2.
The main reason I'm splitting the Eevee line up is because you can't have more than 5 evolutions for a single Pokemon, and in my hack there are 7. I was thinking of having both genders able to evolve in to the original 3 evolutions and the split up Umbreon, Espeon, Glaceon and Leafeon. It'll probably be Umbreon and Glaceon together and Espeon and Leafeon together. U+G will be if you side with your father and E+L will be if you side with the other people. This will also affect which main legendary you can catch before the Elite 4. The only problem is that I don't like to have people wait till way later on in the game before they can have Pokemon they want and since your 'karma' is influenced by events quite further on in the game, I might have to make it so that Eevee is alot harder to get. But you will definitely be able to get only one Eevee.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 17, 2013
Oh ok, sounds pretty good to me. Will you be able to breed it though (will there be breeding in this game)? Or will it be impossible to catch all the pokemon?

~Gary

Pokemon Hacker
Years
WOW!
These images are very good really....
It continues this way that the hack is OK and I wait that prompt you extract a beta ^^

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Oh ok, sounds pretty good to me. Will you be able to breed it though (will there be breeding in this game)? Or will it be impossible to catch all the pokemon?
Good question, I didn't think of that, sorry it took so long to answer as well, I saw this but I forgot to reply. I'll try to make it so you can breed to get a different gender, but I've never tried it before so it might be hard or it could be very simple. You won't be able to catch every Pokemon, the ones you won't be able to catch are Lati@s and the Hoenn fossils becuase I've replaced them with D/P Pokemon.

Anyway here are some updates:
r8yr2r.png
t0s3n9.png
2qc2p78.png

Finalized mapping of Granite City

2ahfma8.png
afa3ci.png
aaugaw.png

Palerose Town

Palerose Town is the oldest town in Serao as it was the first place to be settled. Serao is a newly found region that borders Johto, you will be able to access a part of Johto for a mini-game. Anyway Palerose Town is linked with the two main Pokemon in Genesis and will be the first place you see the two.

EDIT: Wow, my mapping looks so bad in those screenshots. It'll be alot better in the beta though.

Oh by the way:
Is there anyone who wants to finish the OW spriting for me? I would really appreciate it, I have the front OWs done for both the girl and boy its just all the other positions that need to be done.

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
Years
Woah Love those Screens. Your mapping is amazing bud. I Really like how you inserted Snowy tiles. I'm having trubles with inserting them...
Good luck

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2010
Um when i walked out of my house in the begginging i was in a place of just random tiles and the sprite that looked like daisy was standing a few tiles down. I was unable to move anywhere and i couldn't move. there wasn't even a door to walk back thro. I think you need to work on that

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Um when i walked out of my house in the begginging i was in a place of just random tiles and the sprite that looked like daisy was standing a few tiles down. I was unable to move anywhere and i couldn't move. there wasn't even a door to walk back thro. I think you need to work on that

Actually, it's just because it's bad patching 4 u.
Make sure ur patching to a clean ROM.

Shadow Arcanine

Spriter and OWmaker
Years
What about surfing/cycling/using a pokeball/backsprites/tile screen sprite and running sprites?

Well, you know, i haven't got much time, i'm in many teams and i've got enough work to do. i just wanted to help, that he got one set (i mean just movement)
you don't even know how much work it is to do all the others so pls don't post things like that, that's annoying because i took much time, just to do them

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Hi! ^_^ i just saw that you need help with your OW sprites and because i really like this hack i made a complete set for you:
genesis1xb4.png

i hope i could help you, good luck with your excellent hack! ;)
Oh, awesome!!! Thanks so much!!!

So the hack is progressing a bit slower now because I have to think over how the next few events are going to work since they are pretty important. Won't be many updates these next few weeks but I will post a video of 1 of the events. It'll explain the origins of Arceus and the world and hopefully people will find it quite interesting. Some Most of the legend is taken from ideas people had in a thread at Pokecommunity I can't remember what it was called but it was a discussion on legendarys. Anyway there were some really good ideas there and I'll use a lot of them together and include a bunch of my ideas and some Classical mythology as well. If anyone remembers the name of that thread or better yet has a link to it please tell me so I can credit them.

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2009
HI, I like this because it actually has a beta already.
I hate the starters and there are millions of bugs, I just don't know where to begin...
I think it was nice, but I got only to the part after you meet ruby and sapphire, because when I was about to save (shift+F1) I pressed (CTRL+F1) and it restarted, so I had to start over, but not before the next beta for sure.

I think this would be better with a couple of fakemon, they are what makes a hack, hack. In my opinion of course, if you don't like fakemon, then don't put them, but I would love em.
Also that mountain whatever it is, is just too long and similar to mt.moon and one of the lasses say something about mt.moon when you defeat them and talk to them, just a minor problem.

Well, I am waiting for Beta2, good luck, I think it's good.

Back