• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

FaNtEcH

u keep winning until u lose
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2008
People, after a long search in the grass beside the Trick Master's house, i found it!!!
I FOUND IT ATLAST!!!!!.
A shiny electrike!!!!! I found it yesterday evening but was too tired to turn on the computer to tell you guys.

T3

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 3, 2010
Gratz on the shiny!
I am going to start Sring for a shiny Registeel, maybe do 300-500 resets a day fr thenext few days then when I am back at school 100-300 a day, will do more if I feal like it :) laters!

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
WHOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!i FOUND LUGIA!I STILL HAVE MY MASTER BALL!WHOO HAPPY DAY HAPPY DAY!

Congrats with that! Lugia is a nice shiny. I would definitely soft reset for it if I had the Aurora Ticket, but there is no hope for that now. At least I have the Eon Ticket.

Oh, and that reminds me, I'm switching back to SRing for Latias when I get back from school today. I have to leave to go to my bus stop in 7 minutes :)

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 3, 2010
Well juding from the time you made the post and the time it is now id say your probabley at school but if your not then RUN! currentley on 100 resets (I know its not much but meh) and nos hiny so I think ill play diamond for a bit :)

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
i am so glad it is half term i have veen playing through fire red and looking for shinies at the same time but havent found any yet.
I havent found one for a few months now so i hope i get one soon.

Years
hey razor nice avatar

anyway i am sring for shiny regirock cause this is holding my sapphire back and mm i am suprised you havent seen any shiny zigzagoons cause i sr for shiny treecko and i seen one in the first seventy five but i gave up and i will hatch for one later in my game when i beat it well bye

Years
I think I'm onto a new shiny hunting soft reset strategy--entropy pool manipulation.

My current hypothesis is that the game uses user input as a source of random data for the random number generation. Here's what I have to go on--not much, but something:

766. Relaxed
767. Rash
770. Relaxed
771. Relaxed
772. Impish
773. Naive
774. Impish
775. Lonely
776. Quirky
777. Bashful
778. Adamant
779. Careful
780. Serious
781. Quirky
782. Lonely
This is a listing of the natures of several 20HP females I've encountered. Before the stars, I was simply resetting and trying for the Treecko again. At the stars, I walked around a bit, saved, then resumed soft resetting. The significant recurrence of Relaxed and Impish (I had seen a couple of Impish before writing them down) ceased, suggesting that what steps you take/when are used in the RNG's entropy pool. Now, without knowing exactly how the RNG operates and the current state of the entropy pool, there's not much we can do as far as manipulation goes, but we can ensure its randomness by taking short breaks (walking around randomly) when in an otherwise endless trial of SRs.

16683 Treeckos seen.

Nina-Chan

Nuzlockexcore for life.
Years
Edit: Oh, to whomever asked it, I haven't seen any shiny Zigzagoons, which is quite worrying. ._.

ONTOPIC: Oh. That is NOT good. X.X I really wanted one. I hope I find one.

I found my shiny Pikachu!!!!!! YEAY!!!! I'm gonna name it Chi. ^____^

OFFTOPIC: Snap, I got my Pikachu from the SZ, but that bad egg I got? It hatched. O.O I hate glitches....

I looked it up on google. It isen't supposed to hatch. Luckly, nothing bad happened to my game file or my pokemon, or anything that I know of. I'm still checking everything.

B.T.W., I think what it hatched into was a ??. A glitch "place-holder" pokemon.

Years
I think I'm onto a new shiny hunting soft reset strategy--entropy pool manipulation.

My current hypothesis is that the game uses user input as a source of random data for the random number generation. Here's what I have to go on--not much, but something:

This is a listing of the natures of several 20HP females I've encountered. Before the stars, I was simply resetting and trying for the Treecko again. At the stars, I walked around a bit, saved, then resumed soft resetting. The significant recurrence of Relaxed and Impish (I had seen a couple of Impish before writing them down) ceased, suggesting that what steps you take/when are used in the RNG's entropy pool. Now, without knowing exactly how the RNG operates and the current state of the entropy pool, there's not much we can do as far as manipulation goes, but we can ensure its randomness by taking short breaks (walking around randomly) when in an otherwise endless trial of SRs.

16683 Treeckos seen.

can you put this all into english please

still no shiny regirock

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 3, 2010
basicley if you walk around save and then reset there was a more common nature that appeared a lot more than just resetting, gratz on the shiny nina-chan and that badd egg shouldnt hatch :\

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 3, 2010
WARNING!!!!!!!!!! Missingno and the Bad EGG can screw up your game! They have been known to erase file data, transform pokemon, and freeze the game. I had a Bad EGG once that made my game freeze every time I turned on the PC. It is still messed up to this day (although part of what destroyed it may be that I bought my game on September 11th. No lie!) I can not be held responsible for any damage it causes to your game, and neither can Nintendo, Intec, Game Freak, Pokemon, or any of the people listed in the credits. Experiment at your own risk! Remember, when in doubt, DO NOT SAVE!
:\ this looks like it could turn out nasty

Nina-Chan

Nuzlockexcore for life.
Years
:\ this looks like it could turn out nasty

=3 Thanks for the concern, but I think I'm in the clear. I stored the ?? in the PC, and nothing happened. I saved it, shut it off, reloaded it, and nothing happened. It hasent frozen yet, and none of my pokemon seem harmed, either. I'm gonna keep looking for mistakes, but everything seems a-ok.

Ontopic: And so continues the hunt for shiny Zangoose. ^^;

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
GL Nina, oh and grats as well! I wish i could get another shiny XD... anyways..
Well.. to be hionest w/ ya'll, nuthin new :( but if i was lieing, i would say i had just caught a shiny... absol *eyes wonder around the room* lol... ye.. :P
Ha... i luv Pokerus... when my blaziken lvled from 36-37, it gained +5hp, +4atk, +3def, +4spatk, +3spdf and +5spd! I found that kidna isnane... then again.. this IS the first time ive had a boost like that... maybe i should but the Machobrace on him as well? XD Well... ive made it to lilycove, then went back 2 fortree, cuz i need 2 be Winny, lol... i always go to Lilycove first.. lol.. anyways... my team now: Blaziken (39), Seadra, Machoke, Lairon, Vibrava, Nuzleaf (all lvl37). SO think i can beat winny? And any strategies? And dont say "DONT USE NUZLEAF!" cuz i know that -_-... lol... i'm thinking to just use seadra/blaziken and sweep her... hopefully... if not i can chuck Lairon in... but won't do much good against her ALtaria.. XD

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
Years
Grats on teh Pikachu Nina! ^_^

Probably getting a good 100-200 in tonight (haven't been hunting very well lately) and hopefully get Scyther within that...

After Scyther, I'll go for Rayquaza (maybe) and while I'm doing that, I'll finish FR and beat the Elite Four. If I don't go for Rayquaza, I'll most likely try for a Ghastly or something, maybe an Electrike. If I build up enough courage I'll go for hatching a pinsir again, but probably not...

Good luck on the Shint Hunting everybody!

<I>Kobra<I>

Back