• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Cronos said:
How do i acces and change the tile animatons?

Just use TLP or Tile Molester.

Ruby/Sapphire: Grass Animation- 369400
Water/Flower Animation- 376C00

FR/LG: Grass Animation- 399008
Water/Flower Animation- 3A7208

light_trainer921 said:
I want to insert a D/P Latios at a FR title screen but I want it to be as big as the Charizard in the normal FR title screen. How can I do that?

Here is a tutorial on how to change the FR/LG titlescreen: http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=81214

You just have to export and make your Latios image the same size as the Charizard.

Years
Well... I had... maybe 2 or 3 questions.

1) About how hard is it to insert FR tiles into Ruby?

2) What program would I have to use? (I have Advance Map and unLZ GBA, but I don't like the way unLZ works... I find it very complicated.)

3) Which is better to hack, Ruby or FR?

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2023
Hey. I am currently trying to 'tune-up' a fire red rom so I can make it more difficult and make some pokémon better. I want to:
- change some trainers' pokemon;
- change pokemon base stats;
- change pokemon learned moves via level-up and TMs.

Changing trainers is possible with P.E.T., but it glitches out a whole lot and for some reason it registers the rival (gary, green, whatever) having pokemon he doesn't actually have (when I tried to do it, 'TERRY' had a Pidgeot, a Krabby, a Nidoqueen, a Hypno, a Growlithe and a Rhyhorn. Rhyhorn, Growlithe and Pidgeot he usually has, but Hypno?). Note that I haven't touched this rom before, it is clean.

As for changing pokemon base stats, Base Edit says that 'monster names aren't specified in the database' and I have no idea about what does this means.
Finally, patted worked for me when I tried in a clean Ruby rom (and even so it crashed quite a few times, and was missing some moves. Silver Wind, Signal Beam and more) and it worked decently, but with my fire red rom it just shows the pokemon names as glitched up stuff. For some reason, Charmander is &%/("#%&(#%&. I know it is Charmander because the moves work, you can see ember and metal claw and stuff.

Anyway, i was wondering if there is/are any other tools that can substitute those I referred? Base Edit was the only one that was working nicely, without glitches or crashing out randomly, but it doesn't work for some reason. I searched this thread and heard about a tool called 'pokemon amplifier', unfortunately the link was dead and I couldn't find anything on google about it, so if that works for what I want, i'd apreciate it if you could upload it!

Also, one final little thing after this huge post, please be aware that I am completely new to this hacking scene - I know the tools from EliteMap and that's it. If what I want can only be done by HEX, could someone link me to a tutorial or something?

Thanks in advance.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
Do any body can tell me why Cyclone doesn't work for me please?

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
once in a blue mew said:
Well... I had... maybe 2 or 3 questions.

1) About how hard is it to insert FR tiles into Ruby?

2) What program would I have to use? (I have Advance Map and unLZ GBA, but I don't like the way unLZ works... I find it very complicated.)

3) Which is better to hack, Ruby or FR?
It's not very hard (for me lol) but the Pokecenter as a example is a bit difficult to insert.Well the unZL gba way is the easyiest
(wrong writen right? x_X) way to insert tiles.

*~*TwiLiTeDaRkRai*~* said:
Do any body can tell me why Cyclone doesn't work for me please?
Apears a error message?

STM

My DS doesn't read DS games...
Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2013
I have a question about changing attack effects, I am not trying to change the effect of an attack, instead I want to change the effect. For example, I want there to be an effect that sharply increases a Pokemon's Speed, Accuracy and Evasion. Would I need to hex edit to create that effect? And if so can you help me with hex editing.

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2008
I have a simple question.

How would I edit fly position?
Cyclone only edits what the map looks like. I want to have the flight's right.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
jujuca said:
Hey. I am currently trying to 'tune-up' a fire red rom so I can make it more difficult and make some pokémon better. I want to:
- change some trainers' pokemon;
- change pokemon base stats;
- change pokemon learned moves via level-up and TMs.

Changing trainers is possible with P.E.T., but it glitches out a whole lot and for some reason it registers the rival (gary, green, whatever) having pokemon he doesn't actually have (when I tried to do it, 'TERRY' had a Pidgeot, a Krabby, a Nidoqueen, a Hypno, a Growlithe and a Rhyhorn. Rhyhorn, Growlithe and Pidgeot he usually has, but Hypno?). Note that I haven't touched this rom before, it is clean.

As for changing pokemon base stats, Base Edit says that 'monster names aren't specified in the database' and I have no idea about what does this means.
Finally, patted worked for me when I tried in a clean Ruby rom (and even so it crashed quite a few times, and was missing some moves. Silver Wind, Signal Beam and more) and it worked decently, but with my fire red rom it just shows the pokemon names as glitched up stuff. For some reason, Charmander is &%/("#%&(#%&. I know it is Charmander because the moves work, you can see ember and metal claw and stuff.

Anyway, i was wondering if there is/are any other tools that can substitute those I referred? Base Edit was the only one that was working nicely, without glitches or crashing out randomly, but it doesn't work for some reason. I searched this thread and heard about a tool called 'pokemon amplifier', unfortunately the link was dead and I couldn't find anything on google about it, so if that works for what I want, i'd apreciate it if you could upload it!

Also, one final little thing after this huge post, please be aware that I am completely new to this hacking scene - I know the tools from EliteMap and that's it. If what I want can only be done by HEX, could someone link me to a tutorial or something?

Thanks in advance.

It is all done in hex basically, also look around for some tutorials and a tool called Amplifier Ae 2006 might help.

squeakystar said:
What is the offset for the world map in Ruby?

Here is a tutorial on how to change the map: http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=95850

light_trainer921 said:
I tried it but it says: "File is not indexed." Now what?

You need to paste the Latios image over the Charizard and then pallete change it ;)

Watori said:
not sure if this question has been asked but how do you delete maps in advance map?

You can't really delete maps, but you can remove them using hex. Also you can just make no links to the certain map.

STM said:
I have a question about changing attack effects, I am not trying to change the effect of an attack, instead I want to change the effect. For example, I want there to be an effect that sharply increases a Pokemon's Speed, Accuracy and Evasion. Would I need to hex edit to create that effect? And if so can you help me with hex editing.

Hex, search around for some base stats of some Pokemon and then change them. Some Ruby/Sapphire tools can edit the stats.

♠εx said:
I have a simple question.

How would I edit fly position?
Cyclone only edits what the map looks like. I want to have the flight's right.

Well nobody has found the X and Y positions at this moment, I got close you can have a look at my tutorial.

ldl_lionel_92

Lionel
Years
Level Scripts

Hi, does anybody know about level scripts? could someone make a tutorial for it?

I have tried to view the level scripts through elite map. Rubikon ScriptEd Opens up, but nothing is there? Why is this? I've tried Ruby, sapphire, emerald and fire red? Is there something i am doing wrong? Is there something wrong with the program? Is this normal?

Last edited:
Years
Hi, does anybody know about level scripts? could someone make a tutorial for it?

I have tried to view the level scripts through elite map. Rubikon ScriptEd Opens up, but nothing is there? Why is this? I've tried Ruby, sapphire, emerald and fire red? Is there something i am doing wrong? Is there something wrong with the program? Is this normal?

Are you viewing the level scripts or just people. Level scripts are completely different. To view people scripts in scripted, you need to make sure the name is in the right format. The format is 'Romname.gba:offset in hex'. If the .gba isn't there nothing will appear.

STM

My DS doesn't read DS games...
Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2013
I know how to edit base stats, what I want to do is make an attack that doesn't have an effect that any other attack has, ex: I wanna change Psych Up's EFFECT not Psych Up to something COMPLETELY different, I don't want it to copy stat changes, instead I want it to Sharply Increase Speed, Accuracy and Evasion, your prolly wondering why I want Psych Up to have that effect, simply cause I'm turning Psych Up into a completely different attack, I've fixed the battle animation now I need to fix the effect, and where can I get a free hex editor anyway?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
STM said:
I know how to edit base stats, what I want to do is make an attack that doesn't have an effect that any other attack has, ex: I wanna change Psych Up's EFFECT not Psych Up to something COMPLETELY different, I don't want it to copy stat changes, instead I want it to Sharply Increase Speed, Accuracy and Evasion, your prolly wondering why I want Psych Up to have that effect, simply cause I'm turning Psych Up into a completely different attack, I've fixed the battle animation now I need to fix the effect, and where can I get a free hex editor anyway?

Ok, well in hex just search for the attack number, what effect the attack does, type of attack, how much power the attack does and for the amount of PP, sorry for the misunderstanding back there. Most Hex Editors are free, just have a search on google.

ldl_lionel_92

Lionel
Years
Are you viewing the level scripts or just people. Level scripts are completely different. To view people scripts in scripted, you need to make sure the name is in the right format. The format is 'Romname.gba:offset in hex'. If the .gba isn't there nothing will appear.

I am trying to view the level scripts. I open Elite Map, and open up Littleroot town, (Bank 0, Map 9) and then click the button up the top for "VIew Level Script" and then, yeah Rubikon comes up with nothing on written?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back