• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen NEW Pokémon: Vivilion and Noivern!

Years
Let's keep this thread to discussing both Vivilion and Noivern since there are other threads on the board to discuss other news and updates.

I LOVE VIVILION SO MUCH THOUGH! I haven't liked a region's butterfly Pokémon as much as this since Beautifly.

Have we had a butterfly since Beautifly? :P

I don't mind Vivilion, but it has nothing on Butterfree unfortunately.

Noivern just looks horrible, but at least it isn't the worst design ever.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Vivillion is love ♥ Just saying! Though I love both of these new Pokemon, though I'm really unsure if Noivern is actually a single stage Pokemon or whether it can evolve, but hopefully it's the latter. I would love to see some sort of badass Salamence-esque dragon come out of it!

Noivern looks way too detailed already to evolve again.....I can definitely see it having a pre evolved form though. Maybe even two prevolved forms.

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2016
Why is Noivern a flying/dragon type? To me, it looks like a flying/dark type. He almost reminds me of the monster Nargacuga from Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Noivern reminds me of Loudred... I wonder if theres any connection?

Noivern-Pokemon-X-and-Y.jpg
180px-294Loudred.png

Actually when I saw it, my first thought was that Swoobat evolved. XD. It looks more like a bat. Its also the first Flying main type pokemon. Yay for a dragon making history.

Now were these posted anywhere BEFORE the pokemon.com update?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The Wyvern is certainly a unique take on Dragon/Flying type Pokémon designs. Noivern seems like a single stage pokemon to me, so I'm not expecting much on terms of evolutions.

alexithymia

Time Lady
Years
I'm normally not into bug type Pokemon, but Vivillon looks awesome! Noivern is okay... I'm interested to see whether or not its a single stage Pokemon.

Years
Oh! I wouldn't have thought they could do another butterfly/moth and make it look interesting and new, but they have! I wonder what will set it apart from the others though, since it's going to be Bug/Flying like Butterfree and Beautifly.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
OK, so we have Noivern and Vivilion. They both are... well, cute in a way. Vivilion more so. Sad to see them being generic-type-combinations, but I guess I might still end up taking Noivern in if he's any good. Noivern seems to be my type of dragon, so to speak. :D

I also kind of want to see what came before them, too.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
Vivillion looks cute, but sadly it's typing ruins it for me so I won't ever use it.

Noivern on the other hand may be the very first Dragon I use in a play through. I literally hate almost every Dragon's design (except Flygon.) I'm excited to use it, no matter what.

tnfsf11

I believe they look... meh. But I'm sure they'll grow on me, just like the starters :P
Vivillon is very generic, they couldn't come up with a better animal to draw??? It should be Bug/Psychic imo

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I love them both! Noivern looks extremely awesome in-game and Vivillon's art is so cute! I hope Vivillon is a more useable Bug-type so I can keep one on my team!

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Noivern looks pretty damn cool. It looks like it could pass for an alternate evolution of Golbat (I dunno, trade Golbat with a Dragon Scale, level up whist holding a Dragon Fang). The only reason I say this is because its description speaks to bats and its got the Zubat family color scheme.

Vivilion, on the other hand, seems less than impressive. Another Butterfree rehash is a bit disappointing, especially when you consider how much the last two generations have added to make Bug types a legitimate force.

I've gotta be honest here, I'm a little skeptical about what we've seen so far for Pokemon in Gen 6. It's taken me a while to get used to Sylveon and I'm still trying to wrap my head around Mewtwo's new form. I want to like the Starters and Route 1 Pokemon, but I'm going to reserve judgement for until I see their evolutions and what they're capable of. The only Gen 6 Pokemon that I've immediately taken a liking to is Xerneas, Yveltal, Gogoat, and now Noivern.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
I love both.At first i thought vivilion was going to be a fairy.
Noivern sounds like it is a mix of the word Noir(black) and wyvern.
He might be the pseudo legendary dragon of this generation

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
I love the way Noivern looks. He's just plain awesome. ;3

And Vivilion is adorable. I can take another cutesy butterfly for the generic bug type of the region.

Yeah, no complaints here. I actually can't wait to get my hands on a Noivern, now! ;D

Back