• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 6, 2012
I'm relatively new to Rom hacking and I have a few questions.

I am hacking a Sapphire Rom.

1. I want to add an in game sprite of the g/s/c legendaires, is this possible, if so how?

2. I would like to add a new map (I think the real term is overworld map) but keep the old map as well. so is there a way I can have the two overworld maps in game? (I'm kinda adding a region of my own in and would like a map for it.)

3. And is there a way for when I make a new area to save it under a new name instead of renaming an already named map?

And while I'm asking I might as well ask, Is there a way to add D/P/P Pokemon into sapphire?

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
1) if I understand you right you want the 64x64 sprie to be an overworld sprite if so , yes It is posiable
2)yes, yes it is
3)if te pd pokemon deminsions are under 64x64 then yse if no you must re sise it to fit 64x64

Years
Hi im new to pokemon hacking and i was just wondering how do you make a person say your name in the game. like when proffesor oak says your name id like to put that into scripting.

Last edited:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Hi im new to pokemon hacking and i was just wondering how do you make a person say your name in the game. like when proffesor oak says your name id like to put that into scripting.
You put that as a [player] and the rival's name [rival]. There are some other options such as AQUA and MAGMA, but I don't know them.

Years
Hi im new to pokemon hacking and i was just wondering how do you make a person say your name in the game. lie when proffesor oak says your name id like to put that into scripting. cheers

Oh, that's fairly easy. You just type in [PLAYER] anywhere you want someone say the player's name. Similarly, to say the Rival's name, just type [RIVAL]. There's another way, but rather than having to remember little codes (which can be confusing if you are new to hacking), I think this way is easier, no?

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Oh, that's fairly easy. You just type in [PLAYER] anywhere you want someone say the player's name. Similarly, to say the Rival's name, just type [RIVAL]. There's another way, but rather than having to remember little codes (which can be confusing if you are new to hacking), I think this way is easier, no?
I think I just answered that. :\
That's spam.

the thing is, when i do that in the game it i put hello [player] it just sais hello Á
That's weird. Are you sure you've done everything correctly?

TheDon

Shedinja Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 25, 2018

Put "\v\h01" in your talking script. That should work.

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
Can somebody help me with my (I think) messed up unlz-GBA?

So when I click 'Write to Rom', I sometimes find my image is too big, so when I repoint the Image Offset and press OK, I don't get any errors. But if I go to the next image, and go back to the "inserted image" It's back to the original. It didn't actually save, even though I get no errors. =/

I put in some screenshots to show my problem if you don't understand what I mean

Vee217DG

Pokemon Madness
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 4, 2023
question

this may sound like somewhat of a noobish question but in my hack the player needs to be able to surf from the beginning is there any way to negate the badge rule in order to use surf from the start?

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
Hey guys,
Does anyone know how I can change the starting map without using HackMew's SMCA (Start Map Chooser Advance). Because for some reason, whenever I load my ROM in SMCA it has a runtime error '380' invalid property value. Which I have found no solutions to.
I was wondering if anyone else knows how to do it differently? Hex editing? Or a different tool. Or, if someone knows a fix to the problem :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 6, 2012
1) if I understand you right you want the 64x64 sprie to be an overworld sprite if so , yes It is posiable
2)yes, yes it is
3)if te pd pokemon deminsions are under 64x64 then yse if no you must re sise it to fit 64x64

Yea you understood what I was trying to say. Is there any tutorials or tools I can use to do those things?

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2014
Code:
'---------------
#org 0x16A5C5
setvar 0x8004 0x2
setvar 0x8005 0x1
special 0x173
setflag 0x4B0
setflag 0x820
setvar 0x406C 0x1
setflag 0x2E
clearflag 0x92
setvar 0x8008 0x1
call 0x81A6B18
goto 0x816A5F3
That's a part of Misty's person event code. I know the 0x820 flag sets the first badge (I moved the water gym to first, so I used her gym/script to start with). I think the 0x8008 0x1 sets the badge part of the card to see the first badge. Correct me if either of those are wrong. My question is:

What else should I change to make the script right for the first gym leader? I do want her badge to activate Cut. I do not want her to make pokemon up to level 30 obey you.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Code:
'---------------
#org 0x16A5C5
setvar 0x8004 0x2
setvar 0x8005 0x1
special 0x173
setflag 0x4B0
setflag 0x820
setvar 0x406C 0x1
setflag 0x2E
clearflag 0x92
setvar 0x8008 0x1
call 0x81A6B18
goto 0x816A5F3
That's a part of Misty's person event code. I know the 0x820 flag sets the first badge (I moved the water gym to first, so I used her gym/script to start with). I think the 0x8008 0x1 sets the badge part of the card to see the first badge. Correct me if either of those are wrong. My question is:

What else should I change to make the script right for the first gym leader? I do want her badge to activate Cut. I do not want her to make pokemon up to level 30 obey you.
Wrong. setflag shows it in the trainer card and makes your pokemon obey.

also, answer to your question: just change the cut script and switch the checkflag with another one. easy! :)

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Can somebody help me with my (I think) messed up unlz-GBA?

So when I click 'Write to Rom', I sometimes find my image is too big, so when I repoint the Image Offset and press OK, I don't get any errors. But if I go to the next image, and go back to the "inserted image" It's back to the original. It didn't actually save, even though I get no errors. =/

I put in some screenshots to show my problem if you don't understand what I mean

Are you setting the new offsets yourself or just using the one's already entered?

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
@Counterfeit, I'm using FSF to find offsets with free space, and then putting them in. So in short term, I'm using my own offsets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back