• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: HackMew's Tools Factory [A-Ptch released]

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
With the hacked Unzl.GBA i get an Symnatec Norton threat.
Somebody know how to fix it?

Regards,
Joey.

PS.
I get also an gba.pal file not found?
Help?

Yes, get a different (read: better) antivirus program. The program has just been compressed with UPX, and Norton is wrongly recognizing it as a malware.

ville!

Abbysus, abbysus invocat!
Years
hi hackmew!, can u edit the advancetrainer to change the trainers in trainer tower (Fire red/leaf green)?
progress.gif

Iacobus

sǝɯɐɾ
Years
hi hackmew!, can u edit the advancetrainer to change the trainers in trainer tower (Fire red/leaf green)?
progress.gif
Sure he can; he might as well added that already.
Thing is, he'll only release a new version when he's satisfied with the work he did. Also; there's more in life than programming these kind of tools. Just be patient, asking for this multiple times doesn't work.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
An idea for XSE...
How about when you compile or hit debug, the compiler output tells the user how many bytes the script will take.

I'll consider it. In the meanwhile, I hope you will all appreciate the new released tool, A-Ptch. For those who don't you know already it's a brand new patcher using a patching system I've developed. See the first post for download links and screenshots.

EDIT: I'll be posting a little tutorial soon, for those who are less experienced. You can still mess around with it anyway :)

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Just something I'd like to tell you: whenever you want to distribute an APS patch, make sure to compress it, possibily choosing .zip as the archive format. The patch will take less, even way less depending on the changes. Also, while compressed, if the archive is damaged for some reason, you won't be able to extract the patch inside. This means you can be sure your patches will work flawlessy.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
HackMew I'm having problems with updating the A-Ptch (and FSF too). Whenever I try to download the new one, something goes wrong.
- In FSF, the downloading process takes forever
- In A-Ptch, the updating method is kind of successuful, but when I run it I have the old version again - I've checked it, I'm sure.

Help would be appreciated. Oh, and in A-Ptch in gave me a MS-DOS file before o.O

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
HackMew I'm having problems with updating the A-Ptch (and FSF too). Whenever I try to download the new one, something goes wrong.
- In FSF, the downloading process takes forever
- In A-Ptch, the updating method is kind of successuful, but when I run it I have the old version again - I've checked it, I'm sure.

Help would be appreciated. Oh, and in A-Ptch in gave me a MS-DOS file before o.O

I've already fixed the A-Ptch problem. I simply forgot to update the program's version. So it was pretending to be outdated, basically.
Anyway, delete both FSF and A-Ptch, and download them again from the first post.

Pogeygothaxed

Pokémon exDeltaSpecies Creator
Years
First of all, I'd just like to thank you for all of your tools. They've been really helpful for my hack. And I'll be using A-Patch instead of LIPs when if I ever release a Beta for my hack. :P

Second, though, I'd like to ask you a question. I remember a while back reading in the tutorials section about a program by the name of "A-Cry". The post is months old now, so I'm not sure if you were still planning on releasing it; or making it, or if you ever started, or finished it? (Though I doubt the latter, or you would have released it most likely.)

I'm having some problems with Pokecry, so I was just wondering. :)

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Well, everyone's saying it, I'll say it too, thanks for your tools, they're amazing and have really redefined hacking.
That said, what are the advantages of using A-patch as opposed to LIPS?

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Well, everyone's saying it, I'll say it too, thanks for your tools, they're amazing and have really redefined hacking.
Supports expanded ROMs, Patches have the potential to be smaller, There is a check when patching to make sure the ROM is "clean", and it has reverse patching. (Off the top of my head LOL)

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2015
a friend of me has that when he opens unlz gba it closes automatically
what is the fix for this

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011

Gamer2020 explained a bit, but I'm going to elaborate more.
First of all, unlike LIPS, A-Ptch fully supports expanded ROMs. Second, depending on the changes, the APS patches will take less once compressed compared to IPS ones. There's really no reason not to zip them, after all. Third, you can't apply an APS patch to the wrong file, basically. Fourth, due to the way the APS patches work, once you apply a patch, applying it again would unapply all the changes.

I'm reporting a serious problem...
I downloaded XSE now and 2 days before but it isn't working.
When I try to open it I get this...

20100123215550.gif

Does it happen all the times you try to open it?

a friend of me has that when he opens unlz gba it closes automatically
what is the fix for this

I have no idea... it never happened to me. And even if I knew what was causing that, I have no source code so I highly doubt I could do anything about it.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2015
i got a new problem xD
i expanded my rom but i cant use the expanded space
when i try to put 1800000 as offset into a-map it takes 800000

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
i got a new problem xD
i expanded my rom but i cant use the expanded space
when i try to put 1800000 as offset into a-map it takes 800000

That's not my business. It's AM which cannot use 7-digit offsets. You'll have to manually hex edit the ROM.

Back