• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Ametrine

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
Years
THREAD IS BEING EDITED.
Expect an entire new thread in less than a week.

ametrinescreens.png

Last edited:
Years
Finally, this thread have come to game showcase. I like your story and maps too. I am waiting for more update.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 14, 2013
I'm really glad you introduced LotMG to PC!

It certainly is an interesting project. Mostly because of the non-linear badge story but the "dungeon one + the other things". I'm a great supporter of dungeons in pokémon games and fantasy storyboards, you know.
Well, there's something in the maps that i don't like very much, but they're average great.
I love the city one, as town tiles are your strong point.
A great ting in my opininon is the Zorua escape thing. Pokémon games never allow you to "change player". I absolutely love it.

At this point, i don't have other things to say, but one: Good luck!

Atomic Reactor

You should really lower the opacity on those fogs =/
It makes the screens look tacky.
The cave entrance looks like it's sticking out to far.
In the 2nd screen it should be cut.. not cutted. (and mr. should be Mr.)
On the 4th screen, the light coming out of the exit looks really weird.. You may wanna edit that a bit.
On the 11th screen... It doesn't make sense that leaves would make a path.. should the path be grass, then the sorrounding area be leaves?

Other than that, it looks pretty good.

Graphics look awesome, you're really skilled at making your own tiles.
I'm having a bit of a problem with those trees growing out of what seems to be pavement (in the second and the third screen). That and the 'box', for lack of a better word, of flowers that seems to be a bit awkwardly placed ontop of a border. As Atomic Reactor mentioned, it would be better to make the ground covered by leaves, instead of them forming the paths (11th screen).

You also seem to have made a few grammatical mistakes as Atomic Reactor pointed out. I have one more thing to add to that, since I'm also Dutch. I don't believe 'shouts it out' is a correct English expression (I'm aware that it is in our language, but I haven't seen anyone use this in English). I think 'shouts in surprise' would be a better term for what you mean. I suggest searching for a proofreader, just in case.

Good luck on your project!( ~ this is Korinkublaster)

maaddogg

Epic spriter in the making!!
Years
Neo-Dragon said:
Don't quote an entire first post like that again​
you have a nice game here,uhm i have 1 question though,how did you do those sun rays shown in your screenshots,ive been trying to figure out how to do it for a while now,is it a script or something?? please help ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:

nimmy23

Hi im nimmy23... Hi im nimmy23
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2012
YEAH ITS FINALLY HERE. I love you Dewitty (not in a gay way). This is the best game in the world.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
The hero has shown his face once again!ANd I will continue to follow this game just like i do with AE!

The Dewitty

Years
Finally, this thread have come to game showcase. I like your story and maps too. I am waiting for more update.
You'll get your updates, wait and see. :)

I'm really glad you introduced LotMG to PC!

It certainly is an interesting project. Mostly because of the non-linear badge story but the "dungeon one + the other things". I'm a great supporter of dungeons in pokémon games and fantasy storyboards, you know.
Well, there's something in the maps that i don't like very much, but they're average great.
I love the city one, as town tiles are your strong point.
A great ting in my opininon is the Zorua escape thing. Pokémon games never allow you to "change player". I absolutely love it.

At this point, i don't have other things to say, but one: Good luck!
Thanks for the compliments. :D

You should really lower the opacity on those fogs =/
It makes the screens look tacky.
The cave entrance looks like it's sticking out to far.
In the 2nd screen it should be cut.. not cutted. (and mr. should be Mr.)
On the 4th screen, the light coming out of the exit looks really weird.. You may wanna edit that a bit.
On the 11th screen... It doesn't make sense that leaves would make a path.. should the path be grass, then the sorrounding area be leaves?

Other than that, it looks pretty good.
I'll use your advice, though, I don't see what's wrong with the light coming from the cave entrance. That's how it looks in HGSS.

Graphics look awesome, you're really skilled at making your own tiles.
I'm having a bit of a problem with those trees growing out of what seems to be pavement (in the second and the third screen). That and the 'box', for lack of a better word, of flowers that seems to be a bit awkwardly placed ontop of a border. As Atomic Reactor mentioned, it would be better to make the ground covered by leaves, instead of them forming the paths (11th screen).

You also seem to have made a few grammatical mistakes as Atomic Reactor pointed out. I have one more thing to add to that, since I'm also Dutch. I don't believe 'shouts it out' is a correct English expression (I'm aware that it is in our language, but I haven't seen anyone use this in English). I think 'shouts in surprise' would be a better term for what you mean. I suggest searching for a proofreader, just in case.

Good luck on your project!( ~ this is Korinkublaster)
Also, thanks for the advice, especially on the grammar mistakes. :)

you have a nice game here,uhm i have 1 question though,how did you do those sun rays shown in your screenshots,ive been trying to figure out how to do it for a while now,is it a script or something?? please help ^_^
It's a fog. I made it myself with Adobe Photoshop CS4.

YEAH ITS FINALLY HERE. I love you Dewitty (not in a gay way). This is the best game in the world.
....right. xD Good to hear you like it.

Atomic Reactor

Yeah, but theres looks better. Turn down the opacity on it or something and it should look fine. (talking about the light from the exit btw lol)

Death5 Shadow

Apocalyptic Salvation
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2012
Hot game dude although the follow script is a little odd but im sure you will be fine

Route

Slowpoke
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2015
Looking nice Dew!

Nice use of the Pokémon overworlds.

Did you make that Zorua overworld? It looks great.

Good luck on it.

The Dewitty

Years
Yeah, but theres looks better. Turn down the opacity on it or something and it should look fine. (talking about the light from the exit btw lol)
I think I'm just going to keep it like this.. I like it.

Hot game dude although the follow script is a little odd but im sure you will be fine
Which follow script?

hehe I've been stalking tis game on DA, glad to see it on here as well
Well.. there it is eh? Nice you like it.

wow cool,well if it isnt exclusive to your game or too much trouble,would you mind PM'ing me it to me??
keep up the good work ^_^
I'm sorry, but it's private.

Looking nice Dew!
Nice use of the Pokémon overworlds.
Did you make that Zorua overworld? It looks great.
Good luck on it.
Yes. Yes I did. And thanks. :)

DiscoPichu

Developing Game
Years
  • Age 25
  • n/a
  • Seen Dec 1, 2012
Good job, like it. Nice job making the Zoura overworld. Looks like it could be the real thing! I'll be looking for some updates!

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
Years
Heh do you know what you just did? Seeing this beautiful game broke my own little hiatus XD. This is beautiful... I expected nothing less. Keep up the great work!

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
This game looks pretty damn good, I really love the idea of temples instead of gym's, I thought of doing something like that once too but never actually did it, btw if you need a pretty good mapper with lots of time to map then you could always message me :)

Atomic Reactor

Was the heros sprite originally the guy with the hat, and I just didn't pay close attention? Or did you just change it lol.

Btw, the screens with the vespiqueen... are they in a cave or something? If not, you're using the wrong mountain tiles =/ It's suppose to fade to black only in caves.
Speaking of caves, on the corners in the cave, is little black parts, may wanna fix that ;)

The Dewitty

Years
Was the heros sprite originally the guy with the hat, and I just didn't pay close attention? Or did you just change it lol.

Btw, the screens with the vespiqueen... are they in a cave or something? If not, you're using the wrong mountain tiles =/ It's suppose to fade to black only in caves.
Speaking of caves, on the corners in the cave, is little black parts, may wanna fix that ;)
Thanks for noticing the corners, it's fixed. And yes, it is in a cave. I also changed the overworld.. I found it kinda dull.

This game looks pretty damn good, I really love the idea of temples instead of gym's, I thought of doing something like that once too but never actually did it, btw if you need a pretty good mapper with lots of time to map then you could always message me :)
Thank you. I'll PM you for the mapping some times.

Good job, like it. Nice job making the Zoura overworld. Looks like it could be the real thing! I'll be looking for some updates!
Yes. Be sure to do that. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back