• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legend of Zelda Fan Club V 2.0

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Poor link!
Anyway you can take this news as good bad or spasm inducing twitch for the baseball bat.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=205631&site=cvg
So then if you read it it seems that the new LoZ(secret underground areas towers dungeons what else would that be in a patent by shigeru?) will be for both groups of casual and core. By that i mean it will have dual systems like a core one for those who have been playing over 10 years and have scowered every single LoZ to the end and the newbs. One thing strikes me though. If its for core and newbs then it would have to be with a 3+ rating as parents would buy this for their kids. The graphics and story is mostly what is going to make me wonder how much they can appeal to core players. This will be one hell of a minefield if the core players find it too kiddy or colorful. Im most certainly going to be those who will complain.

Years
Poor link!
Anyway you can take this news as good bad or spasm inducing twitch for the baseball bat.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=205631&site=cvg
So then if you read it it seems that the new LoZ(secret underground areas towers dungeons what else would that be in a patent by shigeru?) will be for both groups of casual and core. By that i mean it will have dual systems like a core one for those who have been playing over 10 years and have scowered every single LoZ to the end and the newbs. One thing strikes me though. If its for core and newbs then it would have to be with a 3+ rating as parents would buy this for their kids. The graphics and story is mostly what is going to make me wonder how much they can appeal to core players. This will be one hell of a minefield if the core players find it too kiddy or colorful. Im most certainly going to be those who will complain.

If the next zelda game isn't zelda as i know it and its not classic zelda, i think i might cry..

Kagara

Years
Poor link!
I don't like the idea of playing a game, getting to a puzzle, then watching a clip to see how to solve it, kind of defeats the purpose of the puzzle. Then again, Nintendo have taken chances before with Wind Waker, maybe there's something more to this?

I hope Nintendo clears this up soon.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
True but its a patent. But then again sigeru does surf the internet(he actually said sorry bout E3 last year) so i am expecting something at E3. You think you might cry? I am going to scream bloody murder and never play beyond crossbow training.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Oh, a Zelda club! I wouldn't mind joining.
Welcome to the club. ^^ Hope you have a nice time~

@Mitchman Is, I haven't yet read whatever that link leads to, but as soon as you typed that, I had to think about some of the things I heard about Wind Waker. Many of the fans that loved Majora's mask in 3D were shocked to see the cell shaded, flooded Hyrule, with way too many bright colours. But I didn't mind the least. Wind Waker is one of my favourite Legend of Zelda games, close to Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time. I loved the cell shaded, simple, yet deteailed style of The Windwaker. The mood wouldn't have been the same if the Wind Waker was finished in the style of Twilight Princess. The Wind Waker isn't meant to be as dark themed as Twilight Princess. Hence the variety in size and shapes of the characters. That result would have looked awkward in semirealitic style like Twilight Princess. Nintendo took a risk, and I like the result. :3

So, who knows what Nintendo will give us this time.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Do you know what kinda risk they are taking this time? Adding a hint system for casual players a dvd mode where the game plays itself (i actually like that but meh) and a digest mode where you go through the game but choosing a path to see if its right and such. Buyt if the hint system is there cause its so hard then i guess its safe to say yay? Also if you go to the patent page thats in a link at the top of the text in the link i provided read random blurb [088](so if you want search it with ctrl+f on firefox) t talks about a wireless module. So then its the next wii game. And it talks about an add-on. Motion plus LoZ with a hint system for casual player a play on its own mode and a click a path to progress for the lazy people plus motion+? Looks like Eiji might be leaving this year. No kidding i dont even think this can top OoT. Or can it?

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 30, 2016
Do you know what kinda risk they are taking this time? Adding a hint system for casual players a dvd mode where the game plays itself (i actually like that but meh) and a digest mode where you go through the game but choosing a path to see if its right and such. Buyt if the hint system is there cause its so hard then i guess its safe to say yay? Also if you go to the patent page thats in a link at the top of the text in the link i provided read random blurb [088](so if you want search it with ctrl+f on firefox) t talks about a wireless module. So then its the next wii game. And it talks about an add-on. Motion plus LoZ with a hint system for casual player a play on its own mode and a click a path to progress for the lazy people plus motion+? Looks like Eiji might be leaving this year. No kidding i dont even think this can top OoT. Or can it?

Well it's hard to improve on perfection Mitchman. I hope that this next Zelda will be hard, because right now I'm hankering for some difficulty.

Years
Well it's hard to improve on perfection Mitchman. I hope that this next Zelda will be hard, because right now I'm hankering for some difficulty.

That's true. I think the safest bet and best way to treat the veterans, is to port OoT to the DS. Honestly, it shouldn't be hard...

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
^^ agreed.
If they do it like Fire Emblem - Path of Radiance, I wouldn't mind. A hint system seperately from the game. You can turn it off or on. :O

Why not to the Wii? Redone in TP style? :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
You know, I don't mind how the gameplay is, as long as it's got a good storyline and good gameplay. You know, I'd much rather a darker game rather than Wind Waker. More interesting ;D

JBCBlank

Satanist to the core.
Years
Huh... I just noticed that I don't have to be gone long to miss a lot.

Um...

I think a dark game would get to those who love it.

Wind waker though... Link was just the cutest. Perhaps something like... I'm jsut gonna say it again OoT updated!

Oh better. The original LOZ in 3D!!!! oahhhhh that would just be.... really hard!

~JBCBlank

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Talking about "dark". Why not make a game that has Dark Link/Shadow as the main character? I've always wanted to know what Dark Link was like. The only thing we know is that he was born as the shadow of OoT link. :3 But they could do more with his story. He's an interesting character. :D
they could do the DarkLink game for the core gamers and a normal Link game for the newbies? xD

Mitchman

Banned
Years
You know i think with the talk of a tree maybe its a hard 3D version of the original zelda. Nah im up for a new storyline and areas. This will surely be something to wait on.

Gunners

wants Arsenal to pwm everyone!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 3, 2009
Me too! Zelda rocks well link does not zelda but the zelda series!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I don't see an problem if that is how the next Zelda will be. We know that the Zelda team is trying to making the series more accessible to the casual audience. At first we all thought the series would be dumbed down and we would end up with Zelda Brain Training or something, but this....this works wonderfully because it is totally optional for us regular gamers.

In theory, Nintendo can make the game more difficult (in reality, they'll probably keep it at about the same difficulty or maybe slightly higher) and using these new features to make it accessible to casuals. The game won't be easier, just more accessible to those who don't like committing all that time to a game. There's a mode to play the game normally for us, a mode to replay stuff, and a mode to skip things. You choose what you want to do.

We would to choose to play it normally. The casuals would choose the other methods and unless you take great offense to the casuals enjoying the same game as you then it doesn't have an effect on you at all. Using the hints would also be completely optional and would be no different than those who use GameFaqs or YouTube or a Player's Guide. Might even be less forward as well....they're "hints". It's a hint. Those other methods tell you exactly what to do.

Having different play styles would be a cheaper and less time consuming during the development process than say having different difficulty levels. In a shooter, okay, difficulty levels works because you're just making the enemies tougher. But for an adventure game with dungeons and puzzles...difficulty levels would require different dungeons and puzzles for each difficulty. Wouldn't you rather have that time and money spent making one difficulty level perfect?

Mitchman

Banned
Years
True bu think of this. They want casuals to get in right? Well casuals nowadays include parents with their kids. Hopefully shigeru wont cave into thaty minority and dumb it down for that reason.

Back