• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jota_rdk

Spanish hacker [Javi4315]
Years
What is the address of variable 0x8000 into the ram?
Or another variable. I need to write a byte as value of a varible.
Sorry, my english isn't very good xD

Years
now my question is..
i have a pokemon fire red
and i made a map.
with a person event:
$9125
and
$9126

how do i make a flag that checks if i already talked to 9126 when i talk to 9125?

check my script if its correct

scrip for $9125
Spoiler:
"Person $9126" will need to have a "setflag 0x9126" in it's code.

Ivee

Ask me about Trailblazer :3
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2019
I've replaced Niroran male and female with fakemon that have genders (that aren't part of their names, of course). Their gender symbol is hidden unless the Pokemon gets nicknamed or it evolves. How can I unhide the gender symbol (I assume it requires hex editing)?

Last edited:

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
i have a question (obviously), whenever i type in a comma in my hack, these little lines show up above it, its really annoying, heres an example:
Spoiler:

how do i fix it??? its getting really annoying... btw its 'I'll' (first word on the bottom) thats messed up.

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2022
Does anyone know an alternative to changing your trainer sprite other than unLZ? My sprite keeps looking wrong once it's written to the game... maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I don't think so (I am using GIMP to make it Indexed, since I have no other option). And as for the Rival scripting question from earlier, it worked, thanks a lot guys!

Last edited:
Years
Does anyone know of an available tileset I can use that is like the inside of a hotel. I am recreated my college dorms in pokemon and FireRed lacks doors that face in all directions (except front).

i say a tileset like a hotel because of course i need something like a desk and a elevator as well. If a tileset like this does not exist then it's fine, I can find some way to compensate.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Does anyone know of an available tileset I can use that is like the inside of a hotel. I am recreated my college dorms in pokemon and FireRed lacks doors that face in all directions (except front).

i say a tileset like a hotel because of course i need something like a desk and a elevator as well. If a tileset like this does not exist then it's fine, I can find some way to compensate.

There is no such tileset. At least none that are already in the game. :\

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
How would one go about copying a byte at a given RAM address into either a chosen script variable, or LASTRESULT? I'm seeing some byte- and RAM-related commands in XSE, but I can't figure them out.

Bonus points if absolutely no ASM whatsoever is involved.

EDIT: I figured it out. If anyone else needs to know how, here's the command for storing the number of the current map bank in LASTRESULT in a FireRed BPRE ROM.
Code:
writebytetooffset 0x0 0x20370D1
copybyte 0x20370D0 0x203F3A8
It replaces the first half of LASTRESULT with 0x00, and the second half with the value at 0x203F3A8.

Last edited:
Years
rom crash!?

Hello, i'm making a hack and i added a script. but every time i leave the house you start at my rom crashes.. does anyone know what to do?
tnx

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2015
Is it possible to split a map in AdvanceMap? Like you've basically created the whole world as one, and now you need to split it so every route and city has its own mapsection.

And what about the old maps of a game? Do I need to override them, or is it possible to delete old maps from the game?

If you need to know, its for Emerald, though that shouldnt really matter, does it?

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
Kraxx
Beginning Trainer

Is it possible to split a map in AdvanceMap? Like you've basically created the whole world as one, and now you need to split it so every route and city has its own mapsection.

And what about the old maps of a game? Do I need to override them, or is it possible to delete old maps from the game?

If you need to know, its for Emerald, though that shouldnt really matter, does it?

well firsts off yes you can delete maps but why not just replace the old ones its much easier and yes there is an A-MAP tut that show you on how to delete maps .. and please explain what you meen as to can you split a map in A-MAP >?

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2022
Hey guys, how can I revert a sprite back to its original look after I've botched it up and saved it to the ROM?

Cheesewig

Hi!
Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2016
Please could somebody answer this question about changing Gold/Hiro's Sprite when I speak to someone/trigger something?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2015
well firsts off yes you can delete maps but why not just replace the old ones its much easier and yes there is an A-MAP tut that show you on how to delete maps .. and please explain what you meen as to can you split a map in A-MAP >?

Well, I want to create some map from scratch and I do not have any idea how big my cities and routes will be yet. So I just want to map something, and then see how big my cities will be.

Otherwise, is it possible to place for example Dewford Town in the left-upper corner? That'd be a solution too.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Well, I want to create some map from scratch and I do not have any idea how big my cities and routes will be yet. So I just want to map something, and then see how big my cities will be.
There may be one way, if you know the exact sizes of the "fragment" maps before hand -- and if they each use the same tilesets as the big map.

Let's say that the big map is "Map A", and you're copying a town from that map into "Map B".

1. Open AdvanceMap 1.95.
  2. Go to Map B. Make sure that it is the correct size and that it uses the correct tilesets. If it isn't correct, make the necessary changes and save it.
  3. Go to Map A.
  4. Above the view of your map, click the rightmost button. (The one whose tooltip reads, "GreatBlock Pipette".)
  5. Select the area you want to copy.
  6. Go to Map B.
  7. Click in the upper-left corner to paste.
  8. Edit the map connections for Map A and Map B, so that they are stitched together in-game.
The nice thing about the "GreatBlock Pipette" button is that it doesn't just copy visual blocks, it also seems to copy movement permissions. Very useful in this case.

So you'd use that method to copy the parts of your big map into their own individual smaller maps. Once you're done, just clear out the big map (since you no longer need it).

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2015
Ah, ty. And moving maps yo another position, what about that? For example moving the position of Dewford Town to the uppermost left corner?

Forever Alone

Back into rom hacking 8 years later!
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
scripting

How many new scripts can i make before the game shows signs of abnormality. Another Question about world map editing i have 4 squares of white obstructing my map in gameplay must have something to do with NTME

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back