• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B2W2 starter

Starter for B2W2

• The smug Snivy

Votes: 110 35.3%
  • The tough Tepig

Votes: 69 22.1%
  • The O-Adorable Oshawott

Votes: 133 42.6%

• Total voters

rubin

czytała Krystyna Czubówna
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 15, 2014
I picked Snivy, but boxed him away as soon as I've got Growlithe. I had other Pokemon planned for my team.

Years
I don't want to use a starter that I had a choice from in White. So I'll get it, trade it to my friend, since he needs all the good Pokemon he can get (He's honestly not very good at it).

He used Emboar in Black, so if he chooses Samurott/Serperior I'll choose Snivy/Oshawott for trading.

Pheonix Down

Forever Raichu
Years
Not gonna use the starters, they suck. Instead i will probably get azuril and mareep in the beggining seen as though for some strange reason, gamefreak decided not to put pikachu in the game.

nuzamaki90

Knight of The Volt
Years
I had both Tepig and Oshawott in Pokemon White and I'm planning on doing the same thing in Black 2 and White 2.

I'v never had love for the little snake with a leaf-as-a-tail disorder.

Sirfetch’d

Snivy definitely. Serperior will begetting a much better movepool.

Years
Which of the three Unova starters will you pick this time around?
I will go with oshawott.
Is it the same as before?
Yes, I love water pokemon.
Why are you choosing it?
Basically, I find its stats to be more well rounded than the others. Also, I have always thought water pokemon were cooler.

WillPowerPedro

https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2022
I pick Snivy so I can destroy Hikari because I picked him last time.

Kenzi

Did I just wake up in Narnia?
Years
I chose Snivy this time. I replaced her with some other 'mons I traded for. Using the same starters again is a bit boring for me.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
When I play a Pokémon game, I usually go with the water-type Pokémon in the Japanese version and with the grass-type/fire-type in the Spanish version. But when I played Pokémon Black (going with Snivy) I found out that, despite it's the starter I like the most, it's not very useful.
This time, since I haven't tried B2W2 in Japanese, I will go with Oshawott.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I don't remember if I responded to this. I'll post anyway.

I'm getting both Black2 and White2 eventually, but Black2 will be my main game.
For Black2, I'm choosing Snivy because that's what I picked with White 1 and it ended up being really good.
Tepig for White2. I was gonna picked it the first time around cause I didn't like Snivy at first and I normally pick the Grass starter. I think I should of given it a chance , cause I ended up getting one in a trade and it's a good performer. So I decided to use it as a starter in one of my games.

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2012
Well, this is my discovery, I think everyone has already known.

Each Pokemon game has a, hmm, particular pattern in starters. But this time in Black 2/White 2, it's a little bit different, and rather balanced than other games.

If you want to be a strong physical attacker, then Tepig will be you choice, cuz' Emboar is really strong with different physical moves available for it.

If you like not to contact with your opponent, that means you like special attacks, then Oshawott is great. Some strong special attacks can be even awesome if you give it to Samurott.

And finally, this is a little bit special. If you're neither a physical attacker nor a special attacker, and you wanna be balanced, Snivy will be your choice. Because learnable physical attack moves and special attack moves for it are similar, and so for Serperior.

The above stuffs are from my study of the three starters and previous generation games.

Emboar has the highest attack stat among the three when you EV train it's attack stat specifically. Maximum can be 379;

Samurott has the highest sp. attack stat, which is 346 in max;

Serperior has the same max value of attack and sp. attack, both are 273. Additionally it's the fastest among the three if you get the max speed stat of it.

Okay here are my own opinion: I'm a physical attacker, so I'll choose Tepig. There are less useful moves that can be learnt by Serperior; Samurott is great too, but I'll try that if I restart the game. Well, actually I won't have to choose a starter, because the three starters are the first three Pokemon I'll have in each Pokemon games. The three starters of each game will always be my favourite besides legendary Pokemon of that title. So... why can't I have all three? What's the meaning of playing games if you can't own what you want in the games, specially when you're able to get it. Well, those are just my own opinion. Please don't bomb me if you dislike it...=P

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2020
I'm sliding towards Oshawott because I have that habit of picking water types, and it was my starter back in BW.

TheOmegaSquadHD

Leader of The Omega Squad
Years
Which starter will you pick in Black 2 and which starter in White 2?

Snivy in White 2 and Oshawott in Black 2, how about you?

Years
If I play it anything like Black and White my starters will end up boxed pretty early on, however I'm thinking of using Oshawott hopefully until after the E4.

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
Snivy.

I never choose a grass starter. Never. But I'd like to try it out in the new games. When I restart the game, I tend to pick a different starter than my first gameplay which is going to have Snivy as my starter.

Back