• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

SummerSkies

is a budgie.
Years
James "Jay" Rybak

My group of three trainers and their Pokemon, including me, had arrived at Oak Town. Luckily, Nalafari had calmed down by then. The town appeared to be a small community town, but the roads were bustling with people of every kind, from Pokemon trainers to busy shopkeepers. There was the scent of fresh bread, the perfumes of different kinds of fruits, and delicious scents creeping out of the restaurants. The town looked stunning with its dazzling buildings. The architecture of the town had awestricken me, the details were wonderful. I had the urge to take my sketchbook and pencil out to illustrate the beauty of Oak Town, but I resisted the urge in order to not fall behind my group. I noticed restaurants, a Pokecenter, a Pokemart, and other buildings including a TM shop.

I left my group for a quick moment to buy Pokeballs from the Pokemart. After all, if I don't have Pokeballs, my Pokemon would be vulnerable to trainers who wish to catch Pokemon. I told my group that I would meet them back at the restaurant they would decide to go to. I hustled to the Pokemart, and quickly brought six Pokeballs. I thanked the cashier, and put my Pokemon inside their newly brought Pokeballs. Three of the Pokeballs were for my Pokemon, and the other three were for just in case one of my Pokemon's Pokeball broke. I ran as fast as I could to restaurant to meet the rest of my group.

I had arrived at the restaurant to find that my group had already chosen a place to sit down near a window by the far left side of the room. A waitress came, and asked us for what we would like to order. I ordered a fruit salad of fresh greens, bean sprouts, croutons, Razz berries, Nanab berries, and Pinap berries with cress on top. After I finished my order, I asked the waitress for two bowls for my Pokemon, and then thanked her. Nalafari had to skip this meal, or else, chaos would erupt. Nalafari is currently in his Pokeball. If I let him out, Nalafari would get into a fight with the Quilava, and the group might get kicked out of the restaurant. I set down the two bowls on the ground next to the table. I put some Pecha berries in Emil's bowl and some Aspear berries in Samuel's bowl. I took out Samuel and Emil's Pokeballs, and I released them. I looked up to see the Quilava scowling at me. I shivered a bit,I felt uncomfortable around the Quilava. It was as if the Quilava's vibes were arrows shooting through me. Emil flew up to my lap in fear of the Quilava. Emil was more relaxed on my lap. I lifted Emil's bowl to my lap, and set the bowl on my lap for Emil to finish her meal. Samuel was on the floor next to the table,and was eating the Aspear berries from his bowl. Samuel seemed to be unaffected by the Quilava's menacing scowls.

I took a look outside to see the scenery of the town. After I finished my salad, I took out my sketchbook and began to draw the scenery. I first made a quick sketch of what I saw. Next, I began to add in the details like the tiny straws in a woman's hat to the strands of hair of the golden beard of a middle aged man. I was so preoccupied with drawing that I hardly noticed the Quilava's scowls.

"So.....Where're you from?"

I looked up to see Ethan talking to Orange and me. Ethan spoke,"I'm from Cianwood, in Johto."

Orange replied,"No way! I'm from Johto too! New Bark Town to be precise. Did you get any badges? I've got two. Bug and Flying have nothing on Rock types! No offense, Jay."

"None taken," I replied," Like you two, I am also from Johto. I am from the city of Cherrygrove. I do not have any badges yet. I mostly traveled around Johto. I was more interested about the biology of Pokemon, and capturing the beautiful scenery of Johto by using my sketchbook."

Samuel-Pidgey

I felt an unusual sensation on myself, and the next thing I saw was the floor and two bowls full of berries. The sensation felt like warm fuzziness. Perhaps the sensation was the sensation of a Pokeball releasing my body to materialize me on the floor. The sensation was quite odd to me as I never had the experience of being in a Pokeball before. I noticed the Quilava I met was scowling at me. I saw Emil flew up to my trainer's lap; most likely, Emil was terrified of the Quilava. I decided to try to create an alliance with the Quilava to improve my relations to the Quilava in order to help each other from Nalafari. After I had completed my serving of food, I walked to the Quilava confidently with courage.

I greeted the Quilava," Greetings Quilava, would you like to form an alliance with me? I understand that you do not trust me and my teammates. However, I wish to form an alliance with you to protect each other from danger. In that way, we would most likely improve our abilities while assisting each other."

((If you see any errors in this post, please notify me. Thank you in advance))

Last edited:
Years
Holly looked up at Haru and smiled. "Okay..." She looked down and patted Daisy on her head. "Um... What are some of your hobbies?" Daisy looked at Holly and stood up. She yawned and walked over to Jasmine. "Um... Hi." Jasmine looked at Daisy and sighed. "Hi." Daisy sighed and sat down next to Jasmine. She looked at Kayla. "I wonder how long she's going to stay asleep..." Jasmine shrugged.

Primrose giggled and skipped after Haru's pokemon. "This is going to be fun!" She looked at Rosemary and Yuri, who had stopped at the entrance to the forest. She walked up to them. "Hey, what's wrong?" Molly and Lumina looked at them confused. "If I had known we were going here, then I would have stayed, Rosemary whispered. Yuri sighed. "Don't worry, nothing's going to happen this time..."

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru grinned. "Well...Let's see here. I don't know. I like to play guitar. I'm really good at that." He noted to himself that he would have to go get his accoustic and play a song for Holly. It was necessary. Haru noted his one other hobby. "I like reading too, but not as much as I like playing guitar." He looked around and noticed Kayla was still sleeping. "I'm not really what you would call an 'outdoorsy person', if you get my drift. What are some of your hobbies?" He smiled. The day has been excellent so far.

Twitch and Torch heard Rosemary make a comment about the night before, then sighed. "We weren't really alert last time. I promise you that we will all make it safely. I swear it." Torch announced. They were still upset about letting Geronimo get at Kayla, and they weren't gonna let it happen again. Void piped in, "Yeah. I'm here too, and that counts for something." The comment made Twitch laugh, but he managed to pass it off as a sneeze. Dutchess didn't really know what they were talking about.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Nika Valentine - Oak Town

Nika continued to walk, pacing out the Pineco puzzle. How to get a young pokemon to not blow itself up at the slightest provocation? The question was so unusual that no answer presented itself as obvious, which left only one real course of action. Seek outside knowledge, by book or through a teacher. With that in mind she changed her direction to head back towards the Academy, startled out of her reverie as she walked by the beeping of her X-Transceiver.

Holding the wirst-mounted device up so she could get a look at it she saw she had an incoming video call... from her mother. Her heart sank. Did this mean her mother was here for the holidays? She wasn't ready! It had become her personal goal to defeat her mother in a pokemon battle using only bug types... but she just hadn't had enough time yet. Even putting strength aside, Pineco kept blowing himself up and Sage didn't like her orders half the time.

Steeling herself Nika tapped the Accept prompt and suddenly, there on the screen, was her mother. Her mother smiled, obviously falsely, when she saw her.

"Hi honey!"
"Hello Mother." Nika responded. She hated these false pleasantries.
"How are you? Are you having a good time at the Academy? Is everything okay?"
Questions without a chance to answer. Typical. "I'm well, thank you. I'm thoroughly enjoying my time here so far. Everything is fine. How are you?"
"Oh, you know... busy. I'm in the last day of a tournament right now, so that's why I couldn't make it to the island to see you."
"I really wasn't expecting you to come. I know how busy you are, and how much you disagree with me as a trainer."
"Nika... please, I just wanted to speak, not argue."
"About what? You've barely spoken to me since I left home, and when you do it's only because dad pushes you."
"Nika that is not true." Here it came. "I respect your dedication in the face of... well, the handicap you've given yourself, but-"
"It is not a handicap Mother."
"I know you don't see it that way, you're so like your father, but if you would just listen the-"
"I've listened, and had, this argument with you before. Was there something you wanted other than to berate me?"
The anger, the frustration, the hurt... it was all clear on her mothers face. "...I just wanted to apologise for not being there today, but that I'll be there in two days. I miss you."
"...You don't have to do that."
"I know, but... look, I have to go, my battle is up next. I love you."
"Good luck."

Nika ended the call abruptly and let out a shuddering breath. Her mother sent her wild, beyond the point of reason, and now she was on her way? She hadn't seen her mother in so long...

...two days. That was all she had to reach a point where she could defeat her mother. As much as she could achieve training by herself it was no substitute for working with another trainer, which meant counting on someone. Today just wasn't her day.​

Years
Holly smiled at Haru. "That's nice..." She thought for a minute. "Hmm... I remember Kayla tried to teach me how to garden when we were kids... That was fun. I also like to take care of my pokemon..." She heard Kayla move and looked at her. "What are you two lovebirds doing?" Holly sighed. "We were just talking. Hi there, sleepyhead." Kayla giggled and stood up. "Where are all of the pokemon?" She walked over to Jasmine and picked her up. Holly hesitated. "They're at the forest..." Kayla gasped and dropped Jasmine. "Don't worry! They're fine," Holly added.

Rosemary looked at Void and nodded. "Yeah... We'll be fine. I wish we could have gotten Jasmine to come... Just for extra protection..." Yuri nodded. "You know how she is..." Molly looked at them confused. Lumina giggled and jumped off of Molly's back,and landed on Primrose. Rosemary gasped and giggled. "Are you okay, Prim?" Primrose nodded and gave Rosemary a thumbs-up. "I'm just peachy..." Lumina giggled again and jumped on Primrose's back.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Brian

"This way! Come on! This way!" Sprinkles said, dashing through the bushes. He growled playfully and Brian tried his best to keep up. He thought he could hear someone, but maybe he was just hearing things.

"Guh... I don't like these..." he murmured, tripping over a bush and falling on his face, right in front of a cubone. His eyes widened in startlement.

"Wuh!" he cried, scooting backwards, and knocking Sprinkles to the ground in the process. Sprinkles growled and got to his feet, pouncing straight into Thyme's outstretched vines.

"Oh no you don't. You've been a good boy finding this guy, but no attacking Brian." she said sarcastically. Brian pulled himself together and looked up. Behind the cubone that had startled him was... Ciel!

"Hiya!" hee said in a good natured tone of voice.

Quincy Zaraneth Doreen Marley the Third

A final goodbye

Quin sighed and looked over the edge of the boat.

"Mai mai mai!" Mai cried sadly, looking over the island. Ezar was curled up in Quin's arms. He was beginning to think she didn't like water or boats. Still, this was necessary.

"I never thought you'd be sad to leave this place." Zara said in his mind. Quin shrugged and wiped a tear from his eye.

"I'm not sad. Heh... This was a good place. But I can't very well stay when they kick me out for missing classes. Oh well." he murmured, lying his butt off to the other half of his mind. Oh well. Without warning Arcino burst out of his pokeball. Quin pet the newly evolved Sceptile happily.

"Sceptile." he said calmly. Quin chuckled and turned around, returning the pokemon.

"Well... Time to see where the next adventure takes us." he said calmly. The boat began to sail away.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Kilik Chambers - Academy Office

502.png
571.png
207.png
403.png
633.png

Did the R-Spy just admit that Kiyoko was telling the truth? That, actually, was unexpected. I don't know why he would just come clean, but it makes things a little more easy. I don't like easy. It doesn't give you much of a challenge. Tell me, would you always want it easy on you? Heck no! Anyway, I couldn't understand exactly what the R-Spy was saying. His logic wasn't making sense to me. My thoughts were he was saying that he didn't know about this Team Rocket, but I'm pretty sure he was lieing about it.

If I could just find some proof he was of Team Rocket, a symbol of the team maybe, I could apprehend this wrong-doer. I need to get stronger, my Pokemon need to evolve. Mistress is strong, strategy will need to be my top priority.

Cynthia had let us be now to enjoy the rest of our day of Thanksgiving. I didn't think to hard about that. Also, turns out that other woman was Valorie's mother. No surprise there. Cynthia motioned the R-Spy further into the office. What were they gonna talk about? I was suspicious about the R-Spy. I just don't trust him! I got close enough, hidden from their view, eavesdropping on Cynthia & the R-Spy, staying as quiet as possible. Not like Mistress's snickering will get me caught.

Speaking of Mistress, she got bored quickly & shifted her form that of Cynthia. She walked over to Mark & slipped her fingers slightly through his hair, attempting to make him uncomfortable or something. "Tough trainer, are you?" she asked in a quiet, attractive way near Mark's ear. "Always there for your friends, I can imagine." I just scoffed in my head at Mistress's joke & continued eavesdropping on the real Cynthia & R-Spy.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru grimaced. He knew that Kayla would be worried at first. In all honesty, Haru had been a little worried when he saw the group marching towards the forest. "They'll be fine. Torch, Twitch, and Void are with them and for all we know, Geronimo could be guarding them as well. As much as I don't like him being alone out there, I trust him. I don't know why. He seems to be very strong." He trusted Geronimo, but he had no clue why. "And that's cool, Holly. I tried gardening once as well.....I prefer not to talk about it though." Thoughts of vicious Sunkerns and Sunfloras filled his mind.

"Tally ho!" Void lead the line through the forest warily. The Munchlax had heard about the incident last night and he decided that a repeat wasn't an option. Torch and Twitch took turns guarding the left and right while Void continuously stayed at the front. No matter who was guarding where, they were ever vigilant. Little did they know, they had a secret guardian.

Geronimo was not too far off. He was chowing down on a piece of bark that he had sliced off of a nearby tree. The Scyther was aware of the other pokemon, but he intended to see how strong they were before he would assist them in battle. Let the weaklings fight. I shall see then, but only then.

Years
Holly looked at Kayla. "See? They'll be okay." She stood up and stretched. Daisy stood up and watched them curiously. Holly walked over to Kayla and smiled at her. "Don't worry." Kayla nodded and picked Jasmine up. "So what do you want to do?" Jasmine groaned and tried to jump out of Kayla's arms. Holly shrugged. "Maybe we can go on a walk or something..." Kayla smiled. "That sounds like fun!"

Primrose giggled and picked Lumina up. "Come on! Let's go!" She smiled and followed Void. Rosemary started shaking and stayed next to Yuri. "Don't worry, Rosemary. We'll be okay." Molly looked at them and followed closely behind. "This place gives me the creeps..." Primrose rolled her eyes. "Don't be such a scaredy-baby..." Lumina giggled.

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Forest Clearing]

Gabriel quickly dodged another attack from Skarmory as he dove behind the nearest boulder once more. He could feel Tristen's eyes on his back as he continued to dodge Skarmory's movements rather than retaliating. The croagunk's sense of pride had been crushed throughout this small skirmish, as it seemed that there was no hope of him beating the steel bird--Skarmory seemed to have every advantage. His steel coat, his aerial attacks, his superior speed.

Skarmory used Air Cutter on the boulder Gabriel was hiding behind, slicing it to expose the purple frog huddled behind it. Diving in, he planned on grabbing him for Sky Drop.

Despite his despair, he reacted on instinct and used this opportunity to land a frontal Astonish attack, landing the move straight on Skarmory's nose, just as he was reaching out with his talons to grab him.

Caught by surprise, the steel bird nearly crashed into the next upcoming boulder, and he stumbled in the air as he tried to regain his balance.

Tristen watched from the sidelines, becoming even more critical of her pokemon's battling styles. "They're getting sloppy..." She muttered to herself. Louder, she called out to both of her pokemon, "There's more to battling than straight forward movements, you guys! You're getting lazy--think outside of the box so we can get this over with!"

Gabriel spit into the ground in frustration; there's no way he could win because all of his moves were ineffective against Skarmory. Even his most powerful move, Earthquake, was useless against the flying-type pokemon.

Skarmory shook the confusion from his head as he tried to clear his mind. It's true that this battle was getting nowhere, although he was quite sure that he was tiring out Gabriel. However, his method of exhausting him was also tedious to himself. It was true that they were getting lazy--and this was no time to take training lightly. Tristen had taught both of her pokemon that you should always train like you're battling, and battle like you're training.

Tristen scanned her red-eyes across the field and watched as her pokemon stood in limbo, doing nothing but glaring at each other, hoping that the other would simply give up first. She sighed in disappointment. "We've still got a long way to go, don't we?"

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn was still watching the exchange between Skarmory and Croagunk and shakes his head sadly, not sure what to make of all this. It seemed like Croagunk was having a tough time with the battle. His mind was thinking as though he was the trainer: how could Croagunk win? Sooner or later, it would tire out from the Astonish attacks.

"Physical attacks are out due to the hard shell," he muttered, "Ground attacks are useless...fire attacks and electric attacks are its weaknesses, but Croagunk can't learn them naturally..." What could it do?

Suddenly, an idea struck him. "Revenge! Fighting attacks do ok on steel, and it would be doubly powerful if Croagunk gets hit first. Question is, though, how much more can it take from Skarmory? And does it know the attack?"

Shawn was torn. He wanted to help, but he didn't want to interrupt their battle. After all, the pokemon have to learn for themselves.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
Years
Ethan

The question hit Ethan like a stone thrown from the next region over and he could feel a hole burning through the pocket where he kept his empty badge-case and trainer's license. Beginning to blush with embarrassment, he quickly realized that if he were to avoid ridicule, he'd have to make a quick save. Trying his hardest to keep his indignant demeanor, he quickly began to stutter a reply.

"Err...Uhh.....Yeah! I managed to get....Err....Three!"

Becoming more confident with his bluff, Ethan's stuttering began to decrease and a more confident tone began to fill his voice.

"Yeah, that's right.....I managed to win three badges. Me and my buddy here hit a rough spot, though, and decided to apply for the academy...".

Then, as the conversation continued, he very discreetly dropped his hands into his pocket and grabbed a key-ring with various key-chains on it and slipped it into his badge case, hoping he wasn't seen. Then, pulling the badge-case out into the open, he shook it, a loud metal klinking emitting from the container as his keychain jingled about.

Quilava

Quilava quickly caught himself on guard as a red light began to erupt from one of the other trainer's pokemon. Seeing the silohuette of a bird forming from the light, he began to growl rather loudly, ignoring his food entirely as he prepared for the loud-mouthed puffball from before to return to the scene.

Disappointingly, however, a bird of another type came from the ball and he allowed his growls to fade off, returning to his meal. He allowed his caution to subside as he enjoyed his meal until suddenly the beak-faced freak decided it to be a smart idea to talk to him. Damn did he hate birds....

Starting to growl once again, he listened through the pokemon's proposition for an alliance and decided very quickly to wave it off. Why would he want to befriend a bird? Shooting a few curses the Pidgey's way, he then allowed a small puff of heated smoke to escape his mouth, blowing it into the direction of the creature.

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Forest Clearing]

A sudden strong gust blew past Tristen, sending her into a fit of shivers. Her teeth chattered loudly, and she stood up in protest. She ran over to where her pokemon were training and raised her hand in a signal to stop.

"Okay, I've hh-h-had enough." She swallowed, trying to calm her tremors. "Let's g-go back to the d-d-dorms so I can get a sweater."

She had been patiently dealing with the chilly weather here on the island, but her patience had been wearing thin for the past few minutes. The white-haired girl rubbed her hands against her thin frame, trying to warm herself with friction.

Immediately, her pokemon stopped their fake battle and came over to her side. Skarmory looked concerned, while Gabriel had a crabby look on his face. Tristen picked up her bag and began walking out of the clearing, not bothering to check if her pokemon were following her or not. She spoke to the space in front of her. "Gabe, don't get so discouraged like that. You just have to learn to think creatively and be a little more spontaneous."

Her red eyes turned to glance at the purple frog. "Don't be mad that I surprised you like that. You know I did it because I thought it would help, right?" She turned back around.

The croagunk was pouting, riding on Skarmory's back to keep up with Tristen. Her pace was really quick, despite her twig-like legs; she wanted to get some warm clothing and some food. She hadn't eaten all day except for a bite or two of an apple in the early morning.

She got a little dizzy from her quick movements, but she couldn't care less. Her summer-season clothing for Hoenn was definitely not well suited for the chilly autumn weather on the island.

Brushing her white hair away from her face, she folded her arms tightly against her body as she prepared herself for the crowds of people that would no doubt be circling the school building.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Steven Yew

Steven,being finished with his classroom for the moment, walked back to Oak town. He and Tetra were walking along one of the main streets when they saw a few familiar faces. The students from earlier were gathered at a table,discussing Gym badges, judjing by the way that the white haired boy that he had yet to meet was shaking a trainer case. He had all of his badges at his apartment, there was no need to brag. He was a teacher after all. He walked up to the table, waving.

"Well, guess who! Mind if I join you for a bit?". Steven said. He sat in an empty chair, and called over a waiter.

"Two Oran salads, please. Italian dressing on both." He said to the waiter, who wrote down his order. Tetra had pulled over another chair, and sat beside him.

"Alright. What do you guys know about mythology?". Steven said. He removed his hat, and looked intently at the trainers.

Tetra

I am following Master Yew when we observe the group of children from before. I bow, as is my custom, and pulled up a seat next to Master Yew's. I am waiting for my food when I detect anger washing off of the Quilava at my feet.

I have yet to meet you. I am Tetra. I mentally say to the Quilava. I wish no harm. I continued. I pick an Aspear berry out of my master's bag. He always had let me, ever since I was a young Kirlia. I offer the succulent berry to the fuming Quilava, in hopes of calming him down and befriending him.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn feels a gust of chilly wind blow through the clearing, seeing the white-haired girl shiver slightly from the cold. He watched her call her pokemon to her and walk quickly back to the academy. He shook his head, smiling, wondering more about her as he stepped out into the clearing. He surveyed the area and thought this would be a good place to relax. Zapper flew around where the skirmish was as Shawn rolled a log to the edge of the clearing to sit down.

Shawn sat down alone, letting Sting and Cactuar out to get some fresh air. The drapion walked along the edge of the clearing, keeping its eyes open for danger, while his cacnea leapt into some bushes close to them. Shawn relaxed some, cursing himself for not introducing himself to that girl. "How do you expect to make friends if you don't talk to anyone?" He shook his head and made a promise to himself that the next time he sees someone, he'd introduce himself.

After a little time, Shawn and his pokemon got up and walked to the academy. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed a battle between a Scyther and a Scizor. His eyes grew wide as a smile crept across his chilled face. "I gotta see this! Cactuar, Sting, return!" he said as he returned them to their pokeballs. Let's go, Zapper." he called to his Emolga as he ran to the battlefield.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
N Harmonia Gropius

N listened to both Jackson and Lincoln and nodded his head. "Yes I can understand that. I happened to have been friends with quite a number of pokemon who went through the same situation he's been through."

As he said that, he looked back over to Zoroark. Zoroark just kept his arms crossed and gave a small grunt sound as he looked away.

Don't put me on the spot like that, you're embarrassing me, he said with a hint of sarcasm in his voice. But he still had his smirk on his face.

N handed the berry to Lincoln then. "Well, it seems so far you've already had a good job with communicating with him down. But would you like to try a harder trick at communication?"

Normally when teachers asked that question, it wasn't a real question. But the way N said it was like whatever this trick is wouldn't be too difficult.

Takumi Ryuuhiko

Belly Drum. That is a risky move. Cutting down half of one's stamina to maximize the user's attack. Looking down at the one real Deino and the 4 other illusions caused by Double Team, he gave his next order.

Use Dragon Breath.

As Deino prepared to attack, so did his illusions. All 5 "Deinos" fired the dark red-pink flames at the Marowak, with only 1 of the 5 attacks being the real attack. Takumi knew this move had a minor chance of causing Paralysis, about 30% to be exact, but if this attack worked, he'd at least have a better chance of slowing down this stronger pokemon.

Follow up with Dark Pulse.

Deino and his illusions unleashed a negative thought imbuned Dark Aura shockwave out towards Marowak. There was a small chance of flinching normally caused by this attack, and Takumi thought so long as he could keep Marowak from attacking or being able to hit Deino, he would have this battle won. It won't be easy or a short battle, concerning their level difference, but it's one he at least believes he has a small chance of winning.

Years
"Ah," Said Ryan. The boy looked to be deep in thought of some sort. "Well, that's good for them then! Anyway, off you go then. I need to mark all of your tests and then send them to you all."
Ryan smiled at Kenshin, then sat down in his chair and pulled out the papers and began marking.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Kenshin Ren

Kenshin snapped out of his thoughts and looked back to Ryan. "Oh. Right," he said a little embarrassed. "Sorry!" he said with a quick bow before leaving the room with Pikachu. He was a little bit curious now. What happened on those islands? Did Dad really beat the challenge? Did he not complete them yet do something else that allowed him to catch Mom's eye? All these questions swirling in his head. Still, Ryan said he'd only take a few students on that field trip to try and find that Lugia. Did Mom and Dad ever see the Lugia there? Or even the other Legendary Birds around those islands, Moltrez, Articuno, or Zapdos?

Maybe he should send them an email and ask them about it. Although...If he's not even going to be able to make the trip...Would it be even worth it to badger them more about it?

He continued to wander down the academy hallways lost in his thoughts.

Years

Atlus Midgard

It had taken a while longer then expected for the Patrat to pop up, but two more climbed up from the hole. They where in for a rude awakening though. "Calamari, now!!!"Calamari shot the Aurora Beam at one of the exiting Patrat. Nevermore, on the other-hand, just woke back up from the Roost. The Patrat that was hit by the Aurora beam was frozen, leaving only the other one in fighting condition. The Patrat attacked using bite, but was cut off quickly after Atlus said, "Calamari, Mud Shot. Never, use Suckerpunch." Nevermore struck out quickly before the Patrat had a chance to attack, and Calamari somehow struck out faster than the last time, though the attack seemed some what weaker. The simultaneous attacks quickly knocked it out, and with the other one still frozen, it only took two Psybeams to finish it. Atlus decided to retreat for the time being, since it looked like both his Pokemon were tiring. Halfway to the Poke-center, Calamari broke from his Pokeball, and started to glow brightly, like when Munch evolved. And much like Munch's evolution, he completely changed shape. Calamari now looked much as an octopus would, as he evolved into an Octillery!!! Atlus stood silent for a moment, since it didn't really register. Eventually, still shocked, Atlus said, "Whoa, so...guess you have legs now. Want to walk to the Center?" Calamari lifted itself up a few times, as if to imitate jumping, though it was probably hard due to being stuck to the ground with suction cups. After a little practice, Calamari did start to keep up with Atlus, though in the end, he got tired and went back into his Pokeball. Atlus then stood in line, waiting for his turn.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln West

Lincoln took the berry from N and made a show of examining it carefully, holding it up to the light and sniffing it. Once he felt Jackson would be satisfied with his scrutiny he squatted down and held the berry out for the Shieldon, who trotted closer and gave the fruit a few sniffs of his own before grudgingly eating it.

"I guess so, sure." Linc shrugged, paying more attention to Jackson than to N.

Nika Valentine

Nika found herself walking back towards the Academy - it was the best place on the island to find what she was looking for. She either needed another student or a teacher to work hard with her, someone to battle, or a good spot to train dilligently. They would be most effective in that order, but she would take whatever she could find. It wasn't long until she was mingling in with the other students, trying to decide whether to challenge someone or go looking for Mark and Lucia, maybe even Ms. Sandoval.​

Back