• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keruri

Espeon Lover
Years
ok I tried using search and I got no help at all; it brought up some random thing about the hardest gym leader. So I have to ask this question here, I'm sorry but I dont know what else to do. Sorrrry if Im bugging you all :( .
But what in the world is an emulator? is that what you play these games on? and where do I get an emulator from, like circut city or something? how much do they cost? and how do I put the games on them, if thats what you do? aarg is there a place that just has all this information so I dont have to bother you all, and please dont say search because I dont know what that means and last time I tried it did nothing to help me. Thank you!

edit; I think I figured this much out, tell me if this information is false please. You download emulators, right? So their not, like, hardware? I found one on this place called VisualBoy Advance, is this an emulator, and is it legal? Well I hope so...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2008
@Keruri
Well it says on the Visual Boy Advance website that it's legal, but the ROMs of commercial games are not unless you own them, yeah, so unless you're using it to test out new ROMs that you make or playing free ROMs that other people made, or you're playing the ROM taken from your GBA catridge, it's illegal.

@Supergamecube14
Pokepic, comes with EliteMap. Or you can use unLZ.GBA.

Supergamecube14

The Worst Hacker Ever Born
Years
firefang said:
@Keruri
Well it says on the Visual Boy Advance website that it's legal, but the ROMs of commercial games are not unless you own them, yeah, so unless you're using it to test out new ROMs that you make or playing free ROMs that other people made, or you're playing the ROM taken from your GBA catridge, it's illegal.

@Supergamecube14
Pokepic, comes with EliteMap. Or you can use unLZ.GBA.

Thank you very much, Firefang! But I tried to find them in search and neither one came up. Would you possibly have a link to either one? Thank you again.

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2008
You can go to helmetedrodent.kickassgamers.com/ to check it out or you can download directly at helmetedrodent.kickassgamers.com/filebin/elitemap37.exe. You can check out the Hacking Tools, Websites and References thread in the Tools Showcase section. Both Pokepic and unLZ.GBA come with EliteMap, but Pokepic is easier to use.

Keruri

Espeon Lover
Years
ok, well thats good that its legal. I've installed it, but I can't figure out how to play the games on it.... this is all very confuzing to me, since on all the tutorial pictures, all the folders and such are in a much diffrent format then mine. No matter what I try the games won't install. I'm about to just give up on all this :(

Years
Keruri said:
ok, well thats good that its legal. I've installed it, but I can't figure out how to play the games on it.... this is all very confuzing to me, since on all the tutorial pictures, all the folders and such are in a much diffrent format then mine. No matter what I try the games won't install. I'm about to just give up on all this :(
Have you tried selecting your rom and dragging it over the emulater with your mouse?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's the best newb friendly trainer name and their pokémon editor for fire red?

AnDrOmAn

just some dude
Years
I have this question but i don't know if it's been asked before: How do you change the odds to catch a shiny pokemon from 1:8000 to 1:100?

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2007
Keruri said:

What emulator are you using, because I think VBA (Visualboy Advance) works pretty well. Make sure that you are using a .gba, .gb, or .gbc file and not an .ips (a patch for a rom). What doesn't work, does the screen turn white? That's what I'm having trouble with. Only certain roms work for me.

Keruri

Espeon Lover
Years
Well, I download the games, and they are in those zipped folders. Not the ones that look like a file box in a crank thing, but the ones with a folder and a zipper on it. I drag that over the lil purple gameboy advance icon (the vba) and it says quote "No image found on ZIP file ......" and then it says where it is on my C drive. So I click ok, and then the same message pops up again. I click ok this time, and then nothing else happens. So idk what in the world to do. This happens for every game I've tried so far, so I figure it's something I'm doing wrong.

cubanresourceful

La vida es un juego.
Years
I hope you guys dont think Im being n00bish or whatever for asking this question. I have no experience in hacking roms whatsoever, I might learn, but first, I must ask these questions! Are there GBC rom level editors that are NOT only for Pokemon games? Second, I have this game, which for some strange reason, Im hooked on, but I want to make it so that when you beat the game, you get teleported to one of my made maps, because the game just restartes over to the first level. Is this possible? Thanks for any support, and by the way, the game I am referring to is Warriors of Might and Magic for the GameBoy Color. ;0

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2008
Keruri said:
Well, I download the games, and they are in those zipped folders. Not the ones that look like a file box in a crank thing, but the ones with a folder and a zipper on it. I drag that over the lil purple gameboy advance icon (the vba) and it says quote "No image found on ZIP file ......" and then it says where it is on my C drive. So I click ok, and then the same message pops up again. I click ok this time, and then nothing else happens. So idk what in the world to do. This happens for every game I've tried so far, so I figure it's something I'm doing wrong.

You could try opening or extracting the zipped folder, and like electro5r said, check for a .gba,.gb or .gbc file. There should only be one of these inside in order for Visual Boy Advance to open the zipped folder. Or you could extract the game file out and open it using Visual Boy Advance.

Keruri

Espeon Lover
Years
firefang said:
You could try opening or extracting the zipped folder, and like electro5r said, check for a .gba,.gb or .gbc file. There should only be one of these inside in order for Visual Boy Advance to open the zipped folder. Or you could extract the game file out and open it using Visual Boy Advance.
It says the exact same thing. Both ways you just stated.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Saint of Swords said:
This may sound stupid but what are pointers? :\

They're in pokeroms.ini in Elite Map folder. Maybe FR's are wrong that's why PET doesn't support your FR.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
You have to replace those pointers with ones that work. I could give you mine but some I don't think they work but PET opens FR. I don't use PET for changing trainers and their pokemon so I don't need working pointers to put there.
Well, you can try the ones I got but I'm not sure they'll work: (replace this with the FR pointers of pokeroms.ini)
[BPRE]
Name = Pokémon Fire Red (E)
Language = 0 'English! WOO!
TrainerData = &H23EAF1
TrainerClasses = &H23E558
MonsterNames = &H144
ItemNames = &H3DB028
AttackNames = &H247092
TrainerPics = &H23957C
TrainerPals = &H239A1C
TrainerPicCount = 147
MonsterPics = &H2350AC
MonsterPals = &H23730C
MonsterPicCount = 440
MapHeaders = &H5524C
Maps = &H55194
MapLabels = &H3F1CAC
RomType = 1
WorldMap = kantomap.bmp
HomeLevel = &H0300
AttackTable = &H25D7B4
AttackNameList = &H2470A1
SpriteBase = &H3A3BB0
SpriteColors = &H36D828
SpriteNormalSet = &H3A379C
SpriteSmallSet = &H3A3748
SpriteLargeSet = &H3A37F0
MusicList = fr_songs.txt

Xenesis

Syogun Changer
Years
Just a simple scripting question..

Now, I want to use a givepokemon script, and I understand that all fine, but I want to be able to rig it so I always get specific combinations of IVs (For forcing specific Hidden Powers) and specific natures.

I've been searching around, (and knowing me I have missed it), but is there anything documented about this, commands or suchlike?

Thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back