The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games
Reload this Page League of Legends

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Old 3 Weeks Ago (9:51 AM).
And I disappear / A ghost amidst the combat / Preparing to strike ▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一

Location: Wandering place to place, killing demons and terrorists as I please.
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
"Our Savior Trump
Great IGN :))

Anyway:

Well i've been reading some of the (stupid) reasonings behind a TENTATIVE BUT MAJOR change to Kindred coming 6.13

Quote:
Gypsylord
"Kindred changes should hit her dueling but new wolf maim preserves her ability to clear pretty effectively. 50% DR and Slow is a big deal."
Quote:
"Kindred changes are harsh but likely needed. Here's the problem. We've historically had to balance Kindred around the fact that kiting jungle mobs has a huge delta between experienced and non-experienced players. Kite well and you take no damage. Kite poorly and you might not be able to complete your first clear.

As such Kindred has historically had to have very high base stats and healing to ensure that she can clear, even when not kiting optimally. This resulted in a character who was insane when played well. She's a ranged character who gets to run around at full health all the time with the base stats of a melee on top of that.

The changes to wolf are trying to address the kiting delta. The assumption is that if we can make Kindred's jungle kiting easier (wolf slows jungle monsters and causes them to attack less frequently) we can then take away her Melee champion base stats without the previous side effect of making her unable to clear the jungle.

End result? Kindred becomes an actually squishy champion (similar to other ADC's) which allows burst and melee focused characters to take advantage of her easier in the early game. Then if she's too weak, we can put power back into her spells. It's a lot more fair for Vayne to jump around and deal a bunch of damage to you if she actually takes damage when you jump on her."
Guys, I need more caffeine. I'm going to borrow AngryJoe's BULLSH*T translator and actually spell out this whole reasoning by Riot.Gypsylord regarding their context of nerfing the f**k out of Kindred. And I've been playing a lot of Kindred lately ever since i learned the champ a few months ago.

Riot is getting stupider and stupider with some of the changes they have been making. Oh sure nerf Swiftee boots.

Were going straight into the depths of hell to kick the Icon of Sin, in his ICON OF SIN!
Forum twin ^-^ || Doom thread || Future art thread

Relevant Advertising!

Old 3 Weeks Ago (7:20 PM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by Firebolt123.

Nature: Quiet
That part about Vayne made no sense. Not only does Vayne have a dash, but also a knockback, so I'm failing to understand how you'd even get to her in the first place. It's funny how they're still nerfing Kindred. I haven't seen it in game ever since the first nerfs showed up about 2/3 patches ago.

Speaking of PBE, I'm not sure how I feel about Leona's "Incandescence" buff. It just seems so useless on a champion who's only role is to tank and stun (even when she builds damage she doesn't deal that much). If they made the basic attacks able to blind or short sight, I could see it being a lot more useful (she is the embodiment of the Sun after all...). Shorter cooldowns on Q is gonna be beast.

EDIT: I just realised 6.13 patch is out. That 7 armour nerf on Kindred is painful... But that's not what bothers me most. What bothers me the most is 20 SECONDS ON BLITZCRANK'S AoE SILENCE?! R U SERIUS RITO? RIP any initiator during the late game. And then they stuff up the AI for Zyra's plants. Now it's back to stealing CS from the ADC, like it was pre-rework. At least now Nami has a proper armour item that she can build (Talisman of Ascension).
Old 1 Week Ago (8:12 PM).

It's very sad that this thread isn't active anymore. But I have a few things to talk about.

So I got this in a hextech chest earlier today:
Spoiler:

My question is, what is the luckiest item you have found in a hextech chest ever?

How is patch 6.14 treating you? Fiora buff, Lee Sin buff, Leona change, taliyah nerf(in my perspective at least) among the few things changed. What have you seen played more often because of the patch?
Old 1 Week Ago (9:00 PM).

1. I got Spirit Guard Udyr from the free chest that Riot gave out at the beginning. Still haven't saved enough skin shards to unlock it though (might help if it wasn't limited to 1 chest per champion).

2. Eww the Fiora buffs are so disgusting that I might just pick her up (she really didn't need them). The Leona change is barely noticeable. The change to Taliyah's W is messing me up. I've gotten used to her old W and now I find myself accidentally causing it to go the wrong way. Also if you use it a bit out of range, sometimes she walks in range to use it... and doesn't use it. It's annoying. Although pro tip: if you're in a close fight against someone, use Zhonya's and prepare to use your W+E combo. Her new changes allows you to cast both almost simultaneously, and it usually means that you can secure a kill even if you get killed after you cast it.
Old 1 Week Ago (10:14 PM).

Fiora buffs are giving me a hard on if you all know what i mean ;)

My impressions for the new Ryze so far.. well.. its his 4th damn rework and I can't believe how far Riot has gone in making this champion the way they "wanted" him. I'm missing the spellvamp he used to have but his greatly increased wave clear is something that I like so far.

Were going straight into the depths of hell to kick the Icon of Sin, in his ICON OF SIN!
Old 1 Week Ago (5:13 AM).

I bet the new Pool Party Fiora skin isn't helping you out much is it? XD

I honestly like this Ryze much better. He seems less BS to play against and his ult is so valuable when it's on your team. Some of the coolest plays I've seen a friendly Ryze do includes laying down an ult for me so I can get away and ulting both of us into the middle of the enemy team so I can start the CC Pain Train (i.e. so I can use my knock up, slow, and stun as Sejuani).
Old 5 Days Ago (4:23 AM).

I just watched one of my friends who i was tutoring the whole day win 12 ranked games in a row, and he's on his way out of Silver. He's on his going-for-gold series and I'm wishing him the best. He's been a Swain main and he's been wrecking faces. The only thing that he needs to work on are his CS numbers and of course when to actually leave lane or just push.

I'm like a proud father or sensei, even though said friend is older than I am.

Now he needs to figure out a new champion to play when he gets to the Philippine ELO where they actually ban swain (around high gold-middle plat). Good thing he does say that he's an adept to control mages and I suggested him Zilean which he promises to work with once he finds the time.

Old 5 Days Ago (7:30 AM).
The Cryophoenix

Nature: Jolly
I'm a League of Legends fan too! Nice to meet you all!

I used to play a lot back in Season 3/4. But nowadays I watch more LPL/LCK than I actually play. :P
Old 5 Days Ago (7:41 AM).
the palm-top tiger
Crystal Tier

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Imperishable
I'm a problem, teammates are a problem, et cetera. I'm trash at this game but I still love it.

Meanwhile I lost 3 ranked games and won 1 only due to an int feeder. Maybe ranked isn't for me.

VM | PM | Current Theme | Avatar Source | My Anime List
Old 5 Days Ago (7:51 AM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Is it just me or does new Ryze feels sooo gimmicky? He feels really silly to play against and they've made him so simple for what is supposed to be an intense combo mage. There are about 3 combos you'll ever have to learn on him and they're given freely to your opponent by the rune tracking system under his HUD and they're all very easy to respond to as he can't even get the speed boost to rush onto you without wasting all his cooldowns first. I dunno I really don't like the feel of him. The new ult is pretty cool (though arguably not very fitting for his role in the game) but I'm struggling to see this Ryze as an improvement so far.
Pokémon Go Weekly Quest #1: Zubat Hoarders!

Mr Burns 1181 CP

SUPER PECKY 1209 CP

Amy Pond 1806 CP

Mr Spooks 1012 CP

Quackery 1166 CP

S'more 1333 CP

Old 5 Days Ago (8:32 AM).

Rito wanted Ryze to be more "control magey" than the once often feared hypercarry "Tanky DPS mage tank support carry jungler he excelled in everything!!!!!!!!!!" (anyone who could get that reference has been in that great part of the League fandom).

They basically gave him wave clear pre-6 which was a problem with past ryze as I cannot say "Old Ryze" anymore considering HOW MANY TIMES RYZE HAS BEEN REWORKED (More than GP btw who had 2 reworks thus having 3 incarnations ladies). Then there's the whole "being less Bullsh*t" to play against (also known has "Counter Play") which is Riot's current favorite design philosophy on their champs given how the reworks to other champs (Darius, Skarner, Mordekaiser, Fiora, Pirate, Poppy, and Shen) have been.

I need to play more to actually see where this now current incarnation of Ryze is but dear lord, he is a lot less fun to play but is less Bull to play against. Rito plz.

Old 5 Days Ago (1:01 PM).

Nature: Lonely
Hey, haven't posted here since forever.

I love the new Ryze. E a cannon minion, E it again, Q for the entire wave to be cleared. His damage is also insane since he can constantly throw out Qs and Es. He is actually really broken. The only downside is that the ultimate is kinda meh, because even though it's a huge teamfighting ultimate, Ryze sucks ass in teamfights now, he is better splitting or catching people out. His ultimate is also really hard to actually use properly, since most of the time the enemy team just prepares huge teamfight ultimates for when you teleport and you die.

Anyway, besides that. Currently attempting a mostly Yasuo only climb to Diamond 5 (currently in Plat 2 series to Plat 1). Been doing well so far, only prob is I don't really have a fallback in case Yasuo happens to be banned (and his banrate seems to be increasing), I can play Veigar but can't really carry with any other champion and Veigar isn't that great in "solo" queue.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links