• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Amnesia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2010
I like the palette, but I have one question... Wouldn't a meteorite hit him in the head, and pretty much disintegrate him, his rival, and make a hole in the earth?

-MéWtH2-

MEWTH2 kicks butt . . .
Years
Man! This hack is so awesome!
I like very much . . .

It drives me to make my own hack! (~Doing it right now . . ~)
Hahahahaha!

So awesome!

-MéWtH2-

MEWTH2 kicks butt . . .
Years
I like the palette, but I have one question... Wouldn't a meteorite hit him in the head, and pretty much disintegrate him, his rival, and make a hole in the earth?

Yeah, he's right. Let me guess, a tiny meteorite?! :) Hehhe...
Try to clear the story more about the meteorite hedge . .

Anyways, awesome hack!

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2010
Fix the following;
The meteor part just say the dusclopse missed and you got sent to a coma.
In Beta 3 (haven't tested others) Theirs nothing to do except battle an impossible pokemon to beat, (it isn't affected by normal types)

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
Years
Lot of things that don't add up. A random meteor hits him in the head, and then he's cursed. What are the odds?
I think if you work on it some more it'll have potential.

Yeah, the story was (and apparently still is) shoddy, but this is one of those play-as-you-go things. As the game goes on, you start to discover the 'how' behind the 'what' factors. Toward the end of BETA 3, the answers are sort of unveiled.

This hack seems promising. The storyline needs some work, and...uh...what's Team Rocket doing there?

Well, it's not actually Team Rocket in the game; It's supposed to be a different type of organization in the hack known as U-Gen. (I was too lazy to change the sprites in Beta 3, but I've changed them for the release of BETA 4.)

The Hero is not "cursed".
It's just that Haunter is protecting the Hero from the impact of the Meteor.

Believe it or not, it's actually both. The player being cursed is tied to being half the cause of the Amnesia, and the manner in which the Haunter protects the player from the meteor would be the other half.

Nope. The meteorite's a quarter the size of a baseball in this scenario. Mainly due to being burnt up and worn down while entering earth's atmosphere.

Yeah, he's right. Let me guess, a tiny meteorite?! :) Hehhe...
Try to clear the story more about the meteorite hedge . .

Anyways, awesome hack!

Yup, a tiny meteorite..And, thanks!

Fix the following;
The meteor part just say the dusclopse missed and you got sent to a coma.
In Beta 3 (haven't tested others) Theirs nothing to do except battle an impossible pokemon to beat, (it isn't affected by normal types)

If you're talking about the guy outside of the first city in the game where there's a trainer who uses a Gastly, you actually have a choice as to whether you want to walk past him or talk to him. On top of that, there's wild Doduo on the nearby Routes who use Peck, which is a Flying-type move that can hit a Gastly.

Last edited:
Years
Do you need a little help with Sprite Recolours? That is all I would be helpful for (I don't know anything else about how to make hacks =D)

Some of my work..
Spoiler:

The Gardevoir was one of my first sprites, hence the bad quality.

Last edited:

Hedgehogger

Years
Do you need a little help with Sprite Recolours? That is all I would be helpful for (I don't know anything else about how to make hacks =D)

Some of my work..
Spoiler:

The Gardevoir was one of my first sprites, hence the bad quality.

Nah, I'm good. Thanks for the offer, though.

How do you get to the Gym Leader in the second gym after the first trainer?

You walk to the leftmost side of the platform, step one tile down, and "talk" to the water on the left.

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2010
1. Er, where is the dead end you're at?
4. Over and over, you say? Weird. I'm not sure if it's either my scripts or the ROMs at this point...

And thanks. ;)

Well when i started the hack and when the professor said to talk to the assistant i didnt and left outside and when i walked back inside i couldnt get the pokedex xS

Hedgehogger

Years
Well when i started the hack and when the professor said to talk to the assistant i didnt and left outside and when i walked back inside i couldnt get the pokedex xS

Haha...jk.
I just tried that out myself and I still got the Pokedex...I'm not really sure what to make of it, except maybe start over and get the Pokedex the first time.

Great game! I will play it later. Still, the storyline is a bit odd... The character wakes up 5 years later? How can he be alive 5 years later wihout eating anything? Sorry for the critique, but its a bit odd... Just like my stories :laugh: But anyway, you did a good job here.

I mean, in the game, there is a doctor whose office was less than 2 minutes away from the Player's house. They could've used medical equipment hooked up to the player's bed or something...idk. Trying to make that obvious in-game would be incredibly hard. (For a lazy person such as myself) But thanks. Sometimes we don't notice mistakes we might make in our Hacks until someone else points 'em out.

Last edited:

Hedgehogger

Years
LEGENDARY UPDATE:

I just finished BETA 4. You can download it from the main post of this thread.
If I were you, I'd start a new game on Beta 4, because I went over and revised a lot of stuff that takes place earlier in the hack. For example, how you get the Running Shoes. In betas 2-3, you had to talk to the guy in Roule City whose script wasn't changed from the original FR to get them. In Beta 4, you may get them a bit later than expected, but...oh well.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
This hack looks pretty good, I especially like the girl-hero sprite :)

Btw you should change the mapping in this room since that's the most obvious way in putting tiles in it and doesn't look that good.
Instead make it "a little maze" or something.

2cfup13.png

Hedgehogger

Years
This hack looks pretty good, I especially like the girl-hero sprite :)

Btw you should change the mapping in this room since that's the most obvious way in putting tiles in it and doesn't look that good.
Instead make it "a little maze" or something.

2cfup13.png

Thanks. I wanted the space to be a Triangle (For the most obvious reasons, especially once you see which types of Pokemon are trained at the Gym). But I'll try to put some walls inside the triangle or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back