• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The NaNoWriMo Thread

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Last year I failed at it. This year, I have a plot, characters, etc. set up, and I've already gotten a slight head start.

I hope writers' block doesn't get in the way again and I can actually get further than 1000+ words this time~

Hitoshizuku

something shining
Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2011
Oh man, I've always wanted to do NaNoWriMo! I've got the perfect story this year, too! Granted, it's a crackful high school AU that I'll probably get flak for, but still.

Too bad November always sucks for me school-wise. -_- With so many people participating, it sounds like it's gonna be a super fun bonding experience.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
I'm still bouncing around ideas, so I get the feeling I'll probably end up writing whatever comes to mind when the first of November hits. XD

Also! Awesomesauce on the interest for MSN chatting. What'll work for everyone? Daily open chatroom? Weekly chatroom? Every other night? (I know that I've just started working, so I might not be around every night, buuut if you guys want to have a daily chatroom thing going on, totally cool so long as someone else takes down MSN names and sends invites and whatnot on the days I can't be here.)

Meantimes, shall we share our MSN names for the authoring pool, just to make sure all the NaNoers've got each other?

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
To get the MSN list started, if anyone would like to reach me during NaNo (assuming I actually sign in because I love forgetting to do it on a frequent basis), my public line is [email protected].

Since most of us here are doing NaNoWriMo, what usernames do you guys use at the site to record your progress?

Mine's obvious. Mario The World Champion

JX Valentine. If you happened to have had one of my old usernames, rest assured that this is the last name change I'm getting. XD; So, yeah, you can add this one to PM me or keep track of my progress or rope me into a thread on the forums. (The forums, if anyone has yet to discover them, are snazzy and full of people who love to do awesome things like get-togethers for writing sessions/support in real life.)

I wrote mine last year than didn't submit it by accident :'(
I'll remember to this year!

XD It's perfectly understandable. All throughout November, NaNo likes to take swan-dives in terms of loading capabilities. As in, there might be times when it seems to prefer not loading to actually loading. I tend to forget myself after a few days thanks to giving up.

Years
I'm not the one who goes to NaNoWriMo get-togethers. I know my town has some going on, but I'm not interested. I found some more writing fodder for my NaNoWriMo novel: Day of the Dead!

Also, when the widgets are activated, I'm surely placing one in my sig for all to see.

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2010
Hmmm, I may just enter this year. I have plenty of spare time with 90% of my college apps out of the way.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
I have plenty of spare time with 90% of my college apps out of the way.

*high fives* Perfect way to celebrate getting over a massive amount of pain. XD

Also! I'm logging onto MSN to start off the first hour of PC's NaNoWriMo chat. If anyone wants in on the chatroom, just send me a friends request, and I'll send you an invite.

By the by, evidently, the MSN name I offered doesn't actually work, but try this one: [email protected]. Sorry about that!

Last edited:

Hitoshizuku

something shining
Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2011
Decided to do it after all! Or at least try for a bit, haha. My username is re.present.

By the way, is AIM the same thing as MSN? I am being n00b and getting confused about which program I should download ^^;.

Also, if anyone knows anything about Japanese high schools and wouldn't mind answering a bunch of random questions, I will love you forever (yes, I'm doing a shameful high school AU...shush).

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
*adds!* :D

By the way, is AIM the same thing as MSN? I am being n00b and getting confused about which program I should download ^^;.

'S okay. There's tons of different chat servers out there, so I can't blame you there. What you'll actually want is this, so it's actually a different program from AIM. Don't worry, though. It's pretty easy to download and run.

Alas, can't help you with Japanese high schools. If you're absolutely stuck and no one here can't help, though, you could probably give Little Details a spin. You'd need a LiveJournal account for it, but the people there are super-helpful.

Azurne

The Local Trickster
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 19, 2011
Also! I'm logging onto MSN to start off the first hour of PC's NaNoWriMo chat. If anyone wants in on the chatroom, just send me a friends request, and I'll send you an invite.

I added your email address to my contact list and it prompted me to invite you... I think that was the friend request... but I honestly don't have a clue. I think I screwed up somewhere along the line because as soon as I added you it told me I blocked you too, and I had to fix it. ._.

Anyway, here is my official NaNo account. Hope you can get to it with the constant website crashes. =P

Years
The NaNoWriMo site always crashes at the start and at the end when everybody is validating their novels. I'm up to 2900 words and it's not even the end of Day 1. My usual plan of attack is to write more than the usual 1667 word daily goal so I'll end up with a few extra days of writing in case something happens.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
Aha! So PC did have its own Nano thread!

Excellent. It's Day 2 already, and I have passed the word goal by a thousand or so.

...Though, honestly, I need to organize my plot or I'm going to crash.

...my IM, you say? firestorm95(at)gmail.com - this is MSN, though I have Google Talk as well.

NaNo site is lagging hard right now. I'll see about getting on later...

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
Oh man! I forgot all about this! ALL ABOUT IT. I'm so busy this week too ;_;. Guess I'm bringing my laptop to the convention. And who knows, maybe the scenery will be good for my writers block.

-goes off to write-

Oh, my msn is [email protected]

and my Nanowrimo name is Narcissus_Secret.

Aren't I just creative? n__n

Last edited:
Back