• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2006
I was pretty quiet, I'm pretty sure I was either dantethekllr, kor, or shadow_raider6556 but although I dont really remember my old account I assure you I didnt cause any trouble or anything.

Anyway, thank you for accepting me(again) and I shall now go on my quest to capture my first shiny!!!*grabs his pokemon LG and Emerald*
Time to get crackin!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
Oooo, cool! What're you gonna hunt for? Just a generic hunt? Those are kinda fun because it's a bit like a grab-bag. *Tauros hunt*

Jirachi Trainer

Training for Skill
Years
Aaryn said:
I dissapeared again huh? Well, Kinda, cuz Im right into the exams zone. The FINAL ones. BOO SCHOOL!

Anyways, Im happy to report, that after more than 3000 latios encounters, I FOUND IT! SHINY LATIOS!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAY YAAAAAAAY.

No joke, I found it.

Congrats Aaryn. Well all thats left now is a shiny latias, shouldnt be too hard though, I'll start looking for it actually, so that we have a better chance of one :D once again congrats aaryn on your very rare catch and find, guess thats another one for the dex and your card :D yay

Ryan said:
Congratulations!!!! I seriously considered doing that hunt (the Power Plant) and I might do it again some day. Is that our first Magnemite? *Checks the Dex* It might be a bit outdated, but from what I see... you've captured a new shiny! *Does the new shiny dance!*

Yeah well i was really mainly looking for pikachu holding a light ball (still no success with that though) Yep, i love the life of shiny pokemon owning :D

If i go to the slot prizes can they produce shinies too?

Last edited:
Years
Thanks people, and it is ok for not accepting me straight away, i was ok waiting, thanks again, hey just two questions:
1. Have you got any tips for shiny hunting?
2. How do i get the shiny trainer card which shows what i have got?

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
1- Tips for Shiny Hunting? Well, always carry a decent amount of Pokéballs with you, AT LEAST 99 Pokéballs and some 50 Greats or Ultras, and in case you are broke, maybe just try buying 50 Pokéballs. I also advise you to have a Zigzagoon, Linoone, Meowth, or some other Pokémon with Pick-Up with you if you are going to train something while looking for a Shiny, so you can get some goodies on the way! ^_^
ALWAYS carry your Masterball with you, if you still have it, because there are some Shinies like Pidgeotto, Lairon, Electrode etc, that Roar/Whirlwind/Explode you away, and then you have to say "Goodbye Shiny!" X_x;
If you don´t want to use your Masterball on one of those kinds of Shinies, you could always carry a Lileep or a Cradily around in case the Shiny Pokémon knows Whirwind or Roar, because that will make the move innefective due to Lileep/Cradily´s ability, Suction Cups.
One more thing: If you are going to hunt for a Shiny in the wild, I´d suggest you bring a Pokémon with False Swipe with you, so they don´t faint but you can bring them down to 1 Hp. A cool Pokémon that has got this move is Scyther.

If anyone wants to add something to this, or correct something I did wrong, feel free to do so. XP

2- To get the Trainer Card, come and request one HERE!!
*Is sued for copying MM*

Well, that´s all for the moment, good luck in your hunts and have a nice day everyone!

~*Runasutaru*~

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2006
Actually I'm hunting for a shiny Gastly because it eveolves into my favorite pokemon(Gengar).
I have been searchin last night in Lavender tower in my LG since my last post and I'm just starting to search again so I've been searchin for about 7-9 hours so far and still no shiny Gastly.
Well, back to the hunt.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
Well congrats on the Latios Aaryn, what no stats/nature? would be nice to see ^__^

Well im breeding for a new Koffing, one that knows Pain Split and Will-o-Wisp and one that has an impish nature.. i can remember why i hate breeding now, but hey, it gave me my Cyndaquil and Miltank, so it can't be that bad!! and i really would'nt mind a shiny Koffing/Weezing.. Yum

Happy huntings

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
JT said:
Yes - I think MM got two shinies that way. For a while I was doing it to get a shiny Clefairy, but that hunt has been picked up by somebody else as I moved on to search for a shiny Tauros...
I might not have school tomorrow, so I might be able to shiny hunt this afternoon without fear of homework. Woot!

Crytuf

Dark Dragon Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • usa
  • Seen Sep 23, 2006
WHOO HOOO~!

been on vacation for a week, now have a shiny gyrados!!!!!!! its lvl 100!

and a new team of six lvl 100 tyranitars... i am breeding silly little larvitars with no luck... oh well... well, take care

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=2051891&postcount=6592
Heheheh, no prob, I like helping out mate. ^^

Congrats Crytuf, Shiny Gyarados surely is the coolest Shiny to have, due to obvious reasons. XD!
I also hope your Larvitar army can get a cool mission! XDDDD

And it is indeed true that MM got Shinies from the Game Corner. Sometime ago, I was doing that hunt on FR too, for a Dratini. After a while, I could manage to reset twice AND buying 3 Dratini in a minute, I tell you, it´s not easy!

Well, I am playing the Pokémon TCG GBC version over the computer, ATM, so feel free to ask me anything, because I will still be here and around my fanclub! ^_^

Crytuf

Dark Dragon Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • usa
  • Seen Sep 23, 2006
quick question... what do you all do to lvl half decently in emerald? i can t help bu t feel like im missing somehting... it took me nearly an entire day of beating in the elite four to get my lvl 21 gyrados to lvl 100... there has got to be a better way.. X.x

if you know one please let me know i am desperate...

no luck on the larvitar... im up to 270... and no luck...

Aaryn

I Want a DS!!!
Years
Hiya! Thanks for the congrats guys. Anyways, as ryan said, I welcoemd you in (meaning I admitted you into the club) But its cool having ryan give the final ok.

Anyways, There is nature and stars, there is no cam, I STILL dont have a digital camera. Ive finished studying just now, and I havent touched pokemon since I found latios (3 days) so I dont really remember its stats. Ill look them up tomorrow and post them.

May the hunting continue.

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2006
Man, I'm still looking for a shiny Gastly in Lavender Tower...does anyone know an estimate of ow long this might take cuz i've been searching for one for around 16 hours and no luck.

Years
Omg, post that sat but wasn't submitted for a bunch of hours:

Aaryn said:
Anyways, Im happy to report, that after more than 3000 latios encounters, I FOUND IT! SHINY LATIOS!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAY YAAAAAAAY.
OMG, congrats! You're insane! That's 3000 resets at the TV broadcast and tracking the A-hole down? I'm glad it finally payed off; it would be a serious downer to do all those resets yet find nothing.

ghostofsparta said:
I was pretty quiet, I'm pretty sure I was either dantethekllr, kor, or shadow_raider6556 but although I dont really remember my old account I assure you I didnt cause any trouble or anything.
Aha! You're the one with the corrupt SHC card. I've "fixed" that "bug" since then. Welcome back!

Jirachi Trainer said:
Yup, for sure! That's how I got shiny Porygon and Dratini. :)

Runasutaru said:
2- To get the Trainer Card, come and request one HERE!!
*Is sued for copying MM*
No, no! The text is bold and the exclaimation points aren't part of the link. It's more like:
HERE!!!

As for shiny hunting tips, I like to carry at least 100 timer balls at all times. The Timer Ball has a *3 catch rate (as opposed to *2 for the Ultra Ball) if the target is already Owned in your Pokédex. Catching all the kinds of wild Pokémon in your version is very easy. I also carry a random assortment of other Balls, including ones not normally found on the version I keep them on. (for instance, Premier, Dive, and many Net Balls on Fire Red and multiple Luxury Balls on Sapphirie) This gives me the option of catching a particularly easy to catch shiny (Metapod, for instance) in the Ball of my choice.

You should also be prepared for the circumstances. If you're going to hunt in an area with Roaring or Whirlwinding wild Pokémon, bring something with Suction Cups along. If you're going somewhere where things Selfdestruct, bring something with Damp along. The same sorts of things apply to Teleport, Perish Song, Recoil moves, and stuff.

Not much progress. I'll probably reset for El Clefarios on the bus, as I'm about to head out.

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2006
MetalMario, you caught me! I was the one with the corrupt Trainer card.I'm still searchin for a shiny Gastly and I'm getting pissed, I've been searchin for over 24 hours straight...

Years
Take a break! I've never found a shiny in one sit.

RayquazaMaster: I've pretty much memorized the natures. It's kinda sad.

2 Kecleons seen on Route 121. (I've switched to them since they're more unique.)

Back