• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Just Say No. It's That Simple.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Sure I say No if there's something that makes me uncomfortable. Like, if it's a situation I'd rather not be in (a friend inviting me to get high when I was younger), or if someone is hitting on me and I don't like it, etc. I usually seem hesitant, and then just plain ol' say no, since I'm not gonna just.. go along with it. lol

Years
I don't find it hard to say no at all for the most part. If I don't want to do it, I'm not going to.

Except for one person who can make do anything they bloody want and knows it -_-

Years
I have a problem saying "no" exactly, mostly because I often feel guilty saying no unless I have a very good and logical reason attached. Just feeling "off" in any way or just plain not wanting to do something doesn't count. Although then that goes into a rather impassive "eh I dunno maybe not", and then it might just go downhill from there.

Mostly for people in real life, though. I have a slightly easier time online for whatever reason.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
It really depends on the situation. Most times, I prefer explaining to a person why something can't be done. It's hard to just flat out say no and risk making them feel bad. To my parents though, it's much easier to say. It usually depends on the person more than anything.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I love trying new things, making people happy and going along with whatever. Needless to say, I'm not much of a "no" guy - although it's not that I can't say it; I just very rarely do. Despite this if I think something shouldn't happen or I don't want to do something I can be very very difficult to get a "yes" out of. I think it's a good place to be in though; it's important to be able to say no when you need to but saying yes whenever you can is much more fun and makes life so much easier.

also I think there are much more significant things to say no to than smoking, haha

Sirfetch’d

After being a moderator of a battle server where you are faced with the question, "May I have a room pls sir ? " every day I have found it rather easy to tell people no. That said, I am generally open to all ideas and wont say no without exploring the possibilities.

Years
kind of like what alex said, i am not a no typa guy but i will whip it out in circumstances that call for it to be used. not when i don't need to though

Years
I used to be someone who said yes to lots of things, or at least I didn't say no. Then I learned to say no a lot more, but now I've gone too far in that direction and I say it so much that it's become off-putting to lots of people.

bill flibby

Chase is my favorite
Years
i am not a no typa guy
pls post more selifes in the Behind the Screens thread. I missed them and they apparently caused crazy hype.

Anyways, I can say no to someone with relative ease, if I need to. Cute girls and drinking, not necessarily simultaneously, are my kryptonite, though. I become much more of a Yes Man when either of those elements are involved.

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
If it involves money, free food or an attractive female, it is really hard to say no.
Otherwise, it's pretty easy to say no.

Lucid

I say it easily. Not to say I don't like trying new things, but it is pretty impossible to get me to do something I don't want to do. I'm incredibly lazy, stubborn and not afraid of conflict, plus I can be pretty selfish at times. If I feel like I owe someone a favor, or something of that nature, maybe I can be persuaded depending on my mood... I can be pretty easily bribed tho, if it's with something I actually want. Otherwise, good luck. ;/

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
I find it difficult because I like appeasing others. However, sometimes I have to say no because I am more important things to do.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I used to not be able to say no at all, but I've fixed that over the years. My friends understand that I need my alone time, so if I say no, it's not that I don't like them. I might say it too much, but I'm starting to open up a bit more. However, I'll avoid uncomfortable situations with all of my might, so I'll still say no quite a bit.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I don't have trouble saying no. It's just more fun to say okay more often than not.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
I don't find it hard to say no to anyone. That doesn't mean I'm a no person, but just that I don't have a hard time turning down something that I don't want to do or shouldn't do.

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
Years
It varies with the person, and also what they're asking me about/trying to get me to do.. If the subject/task is making me uncomfortable, the person is pestering me about it, or I simply just don't feel up to it, then I don't have much of a problem with letting them know and explaining why. But I'll admit that I usually feel bad for saying no to someone, especially my friends or S.O. when they just want to spend time with me. I don't want to seem like a stick in the mud, so I'll usually try to make it up to them somehow after a while.

Back