• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Mobile Phone History

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
Years
- Some Vodafone thing.
- Some kind of Simens.
- Nokia 3310.
- A flat Samsung.
- A Clamshell-like LG.
- Samsung Star with Keyboard (my last non-Smartphone).
- T-Mobile G1.
- Google Nexus One.
- Google Galaxy Nexus and Nokia Lumia 820.
- Google Nexus 5 and LG G3.

I might get a Nokia Lumia with an NFC Wallet, I'm getting tired by the fact, that there is no NFC Wallet available for Android, in The Netherlands (and if they are, they either require an ugly, bulky Sticker, or they are restricted to a group of people, that don't even know what NFC Payments are).

Years
My first official phone was a nokia 6010 and after that is every popular phone that came after, from iphone1-5s,G1-2, HTCs, Galaxy s-5s and others between them that I forget( 5 yrs I worked at cellphone store I really mean all the popular phones). Now I own a little cheap Kyocera bar phone cause honestly I have grown to hate cellphones. No matter how great they are something will always be missing and the battery life will eventually suck even if it starts outs differently.

Years
I've owned 2 phones over 6 years.

Right now, I have a LG Banter (and yes, mine is even Alltel branded). Bought it in September 2009, still in use today. Sometimes it powers off if I slam it shut, but besides that, it still works well.
I'm hoping to finally upgrade to a smarphone this month, but I'm still undecided if I want to switch to prepaid service for a cheaper bill, or stay with Verizon*. It also depends on if I get any birthday money and how much my paychecks are this month. And I have no idea what phone I want either.

Before that, I had a basic prepaid flip phone for like 4-5 months in 2008. I couldn't even tell you what model it was. It was the cheapest phone Verizon offered prepaid. Only reason I got it was because the dorm I lived in ended their phone service... because everyone used cell phones. I didn't "lose" it until well after I had stopped service, because I was living at home and had no job.

As a teenager, I didn't need a cellphone. I was either at school, at home, or with my family. So I didn't get a cell phone until I absolutely needed it in college. Then I did without until I moved out again. :p

Right now, my ringtone is one of the preset ones. Never bothered to download anything fancy. tbh the majority of the time, it's either on silent or vibrate anyway. It's one of those things I'll probably fix whenever I get a smartphone in like 2 years.

* Verizon bought Alltel, so my service was switched over automatically.
True story: I have absolutely no data connection because I'm still using my Alltel phone. I have been procrastinating a phone upgrade since 2011 and I haven't had data since 2013.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Got a HTC Desire 610 over the summer. Does everything I want and has great boomsound speakers. I also like the camcorder in it and it can play ps1 games with a bluetooth controller.

Flakey Bear

Just watch it.
Years
2011: A slider Nokia. Pretty cheap and doesn't had a SD card slot.
2012: ZTE Racer: Changed for the better in May, pretty low-price but did the job right.
2012: Samsung Wave: Had to upgrade a bit so I changed my ZTE to a Wave. Had to change again because Bada OS today isn't good enough.
2013: LG Optimus L9. Better, has Android, and also did the job alright. Can also play PS1 and GBA games without problems.

Back