Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Research & Development

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Research & Development Got a well-founded knack with ROM hacking? Love reverse-engineering the Pokémon games? Or perhaps you love your assembly language. This is the spot for polling and gathering your ideas, and then implementing them! Share your hypothesis, get ideas from others, and collaborate to create!
Research & Development programs in this forum are subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 27th, 2014 (04:48 PM). Edited October 27th, 2014 by MrDollSteak.
MrDollSteak
Formerly known as 11bayerf1

Quote originally posted by RaileysXerilyasRX:
The Emerald Fairy patch really buggy and it already includes the split viewer. So anyways, (this might be off topic so bear with it) I tried manually add the Fairy type in Emerald without replacing any (I added the icon after the Dark and the 5 contest types). It glitched afterwards, why so? Have you tried adding the Fairy type manually and carefully? If so and very successful, please teach me dude.
I'm not using the Fairy type patch... at all.
As I mentioned I expanded it myself without replacing. The only problem is, again as I mentioned the limiter for the type icons at 61CFC1 affects the PSS Icons. If it is 17 then its fine, but you don't get the Fairy-type, if it's 18, then you get the bug I mentioned before. I believe it's not just a limiter, but also an OAM co-ordinate, so I'm just going to find a location where it doesn't overlap.

EDIT: 30 seems to work.
Old October 27th, 2014 (05:07 PM).
RaileysXerilyasRX
I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to RaileysXerilyasRX
Quote originally posted by MrDollSteak:
I'm not using the Fairy type patch... at all.
As I mentioned I expanded it myself without replacing. The only problem is, again as I mentioned the limiter for the type icons at 61CFC1 affects the PSS Icons. If it is 17 then its fine, but you don't get the Fairy-type, if it's 18, then you get the bug I mentioned before. I believe it's not just a limiter, but also an OAM co-ordinate, so I'm just going to find a location where it doesn't overlap.

EDIT: 30 seems to work.
Ahh... alright. I will try that later... but... "30" really works? So like, if it is 30 (hex), I can have 48 types (26 new) in game. LOL Haha! Thanks dude.

RaileysXerilyasRX

Old December 3rd, 2014 (11:51 AM). Edited December 4th, 2014 by Edwearth.
Edwearth

Hello, I have a little problem.
I did it on a clean emerald rom and it worked.
But i try to do it with my rom which has extended moves and it fails.

The game run without problem until I go to Pokemon-Summary-Battle Moves and I press A.

With VBA 1.8 I have this error message "Unsupported BIOS function 44 called from 0880043e0. A BIOS file is needed in order to get correct behaviour."
Then it reset the game. With other emulators, it is just reseting.
(I'm sure it is not a BIOS problem)

In all cases, thank you for this helpful tuto !

Édit : I didn't see where the mistakes were. So I restarted from the begining and it seams working.
Old December 6th, 2014 (10:04 AM).
AtecainCorp.
Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
ABout Types... As some of you added Fairy without repleacing to game. This is possible to add also this in Ruby? I don't want break Contest Types.

POKEMON DIRTY SUN - Comming Soon.
POKEMON RUBY RENEV - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=341964

In case of any Questions... Go HERE
Old December 13th, 2014 (05:58 AM).
ZoneX
Spriter

Nature: Mild
Physical/Special split in Gen 3 games!! That's such an awesome feature! I think I've only seen a few hacks that contained this! I wonder if there's a hacking tool one can use. I would really enjoy using this feature in my Expert Emerald rom I've download ed
Old December 17th, 2014 (02:30 PM).
TheRabbit
Banned

When I used Dartharon's ASM code (with Jambo's fix), I'm just getting blank white squares where the icons would be.

The odd thing is I did it exactly the same way on a clean FR ROM and it worked fine.

What would be causing this?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links