< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > Create & Discover > Fan Fiction and Writing > Writer's Lounge Share your writing!

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Reply Post Reply
Old June 3rd, 2015 (12:10 AM).
A story I wrote about pokemon betraying humanity, and the war between the two species.
Pokemon survival prequel http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=353893
Pokemon Survival http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=345775
Pokemon Survival 2 http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=351457
Old August 8th, 2015 (12:41 AM).

I didn't see a better place to post this, so sorry if this is in the wrong forum/thread. I was hoping I could get a few of you writer folk to help me revise/proofread a Code of Conduct I've written mostly from scratch, found here.

My eyesight is can be kind of terrible at times and at present I lack spectacles to look over it too much, but besides errors which aren't as important atm I'd really like to get y'all's input on how I can better word the document, if it's not fine as-is. It's meant to be a general rulebook and reference piece for a microblogging platform I'm scratch-coding. The goal of the document is to protect the website, its staff, and affiliated parties and applicable authority relations while setting in stone what users are to do and not to do to ensure a safe, family-friendly, and positive browsing experience (like any public website CoC should).

Obviously not asking for legal advice or anything, but I think what's already there should give a clear enough picture if you can help. Thank you
Old 3 Weeks Ago (6:04 AM).
The pen may be mightier than the sword, but I'll take both just to be sure.
Nature: Quiet
I haven't decided if this scene has a place in my novel, yet, but it was fun to write. Quite telling, too.

The drive to see Matron got longer every year. Seth stared out the darkening window, ignoring the Kindle laying on his lap as he watched the fields roll by. They weren’t quite in the middle of no where - he could still hear the occasional static of other thoughts when they passed a well-spaced house - but it was close enough, in comparison to the chaos of New York. There was never a moment’s peace in a city of the world, and never would be. It would be an endless rain of useless, petty thoughts invading his mindspace at every turn.

He let out a soft breath when the radio, too, turned to static, and leaned forward to retrieve the CDs from the glovebox. “Bach or Debussy?” he asked, lifting a disinterested brow at his father in the process.

Colton adjusted his grip on the steering wheel, flexing tired fingers. “Debussy. Have you already finished your book?”

“Two of them.”

His father gave a slow nod, combing his fingers through his dark hair in thought as Nocturne floated from the CD player. “Even the Iliad?”

“It bored me, but yes. One would think that gods would have more sense than they displayed,” the child said, and gave a negligent shrug. “In comparison to the humans, their power was absolute. It seemed rather stupid that they spent so much effort playing with them, when they could have simply molded them to their will. Aphrodite was the only one to exercise her power as she should’ve, and even that was for petty reasons.”

“Hmm.” Colton shifted hands, rubbing under his glasses after a pause. “Have you considered -”

“I have.”

His father gave a tight nod. “While I understand that you get tired of having to hide certain things, Seth, it’s still rude to cut someone off.”

Seth finally turned, blue eyed stare patronizing. It was also detached. “I know what you’re going to say before you even finish thinking it. It seems like a waste of breath.”

Colton’s lips pressed into a thin line, and he let out a soft breath. “We have a different bent. I don’t have your advantage.” He was uncomfortable. Again.

The ten-year-old just shifted in his seat, turning back to the window. “We do. And in comparison to the general population,” he mused, waving an idle hand towards a house in the distance, “we are gods.”
Reply Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links