• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2012 Survivor's Party @ Drakow's House

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Eh, while it may be redundant it works. There are those who work at home a lot or don't want to go out into all those crowds so by having a Cyber Monday you catch those guys as well. My Dad being one of them. He doesn't do anything on Black Friday but he would usually check out the deals on Cyber Monday.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Eh, while it may be redundant it works. There are those who work at home a lot or don't want to go out into all those crowds so by having a Cyber Monday you catch those guys as well. My Dad being one of them. He doesn't do anything on Black Friday but he would usually check out the deals on Cyber Monday.
Isn't Black Friday online as well?

The very tiny Black Friday (in name only) that we do in Canada is online and storefront

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Yeah. But I think Cyber Monday is also that day where people can get deals that they couldn't get at the store or online because they sold out on Black Friday.

I'm sure there are more reasons why Cyber Monday exists. People recovering from Turkey Comas, wanting to just get more money out of people by having another sale day, etc etc.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Yeah. But I think Cyber Monday is also that day where people can get deals that they couldn't get at the store or online because they sold out on Black Friday.

I'm sure there are more reasons why Cyber Monday exists. People recovering from Turkey Comas, wanting to just get more money out of people by having another sale day, etc etc.
Yeah, I know. Almighty dollar

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I think Cyber Monday is probably a term leftover from a decade ago where Black Friday sales were for brick and mortar stores and then online storefronts would do their own thing for the few consumers who actually did online shopping back then. Now it's redundant because enough people shop online that the online store(front)s can compete with the offline ones but it wouldn't have been the same in the past, probably.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
If I had more money and an easier way to get to the mall, I would've done a Black Friday mall run like I did from 2007-2010. I didn't always buy anything, but it was the fact that I was in the midst of all the action that really prompted me to hit the mall on the Friday.

Well, that and the fact that I'd have to remain in my college dorm over Thanksgiving holiday, and that gets boring as heck when you're the only person around. Not to mention all the food places on campus were closed.

This year, I don't have the money to take advantage of any of the sales, online or not, Friday or Monday.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I need a new laptop desperately, but that's gonna have to wait till the after Christmas sales at the earliest. I don't even have enough money to take advantage of Right Stuf's Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals on anime/manga :/

Years
I'm going out in a bit to see what the local stores are doing for SBS. Mostly I just want to get out. I stayed in all yesterday because I wouldn't be caught dead going out on Black Friday.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Well, we have a lot of small businesses in our little town. Problem is, they mostly carry all arts and crafts stuff which I'm not all that interested in.

Damn, if I still lived in the city I could've gone to a local anime store called Hammergirl and supported a small local business that way... but here, none of the small businesses have stuff I want.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Its kinda sad, I dont know what small businesses are in my town :/ I never shop on Black Friday because of my horrific memories of working retail on that day. I dont want to give anyone a hard time, plus, I dont really need anything that badly. The year that guy was trampled in Wal Mart I was legit afraid of going to work because I thought Id be trampled too, no joke.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
My little town has a lot of small businesses, and neither of them cared about Small Business Saturday. It's sad because a lot of these stores are mostly boutiques.

Years
While I didn't see anything worth buying yesterday, I did see four people who'd taken motorized wheelchairs and turned them into horses which they were riding around town.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
In my town people just walk right behind your car in a parking lot when you're trying to leave like wtf? Why would people even do that? What if you didnt see them and they got hit? Seems like a risky thing to do.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Actually Ive seen people do what I mentioned above all the time, but yeah it pretty much does, I dont get why people get so wound up, you're supposed to enjoy the holidays.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
In my town people just walk right behind your car in a parking lot when you're trying to leave like wtf? Why would people even do that? What if you didnt see them and they got hit? Seems like a risky thing to do.

Where else are they supposed to walk (especially if they have a cart)? It's a parking lot.. It's the responsibility of the driver to wait and make sure all's clear before backing up.

Years

They can't go in the middle of the road as that is where moving traffic is and it is the drivers responsibility to watch out for pedestrians when they are moving out from a public place.​

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Where else are they supposed to walk (especially if they have a cart)? It's a parking lot.. It's the responsibility of the driver to wait and make sure all's clear before backing up.

Spot on. Pedestrians have the right of way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back