• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Orange Island Adventures

What should I do for the Starting of this hack???

• I dunno.... give options by REPLY PLEASE!!!

Votes: 81 70.4%
  • I dunno.... give options by REPLY PLEASE!!!

Votes: 34 29.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ksunwoo6

Working on PKMN OI...
Years
Pokemon Orange Islands [Adventures]

News: I REALLY REALLY NEED A SCRIPTER... PLEASE HELP!
attachment.php

Pokemon Orange Islands [Adventures]
Making Orange Islands to life...
Made by ksunwoo6 (South Korean Hacker)

.::Info::.
What is this hack of? What is it about?
Hack of FIRE RED (E)
Name of Hack: Pokemon: Orange Islands [Adventures] (E)

.::Introduction::.
Boring Intro... But still, it's good to read it.
I thought I would make a game of Orange Islands, cause there's not a complete game with the Orange Islands.
I know, there's a hack being made, called Pokemon Naranja,
but Pokemon Naranja has problems: (No offence to Serg!o)
- It's in Spanish (And I can't understand it)
- The English Translation isn't good
- The map of Orange Islands is all messed up
- The tiles are kinda weird, and there's lots of bugs
- The level of the trainers are not good, ex: there's a Dragon Trainer at the first bit O.o (And it's Level 9!)

Well, my hack will have these advantages:
- It's in English
- Because FireRed has 4 map spaces, I'll be able to split the map of the Islands up
- Better graphic because it's FireRed.
- Won't have walk through walls stuff in it

.::Storyline::.
The story... I'm ganna sleep.
You are a resident in VALENCIA ISLAND. You are now fifteen years old, (that's when you're allowed to have adventures.) and you are going to get yout first pokemon.
(Same story... till now.) In this game, you will get to travel in the ORANGE ISLANDS,
and the cinnabar island, the birth island, and other Islands.
Professor Ivy, (the PROF of the OI) says she's going to give you a pokemon.
Pokemon you can choose are: PIKACHU, STARYU, and DIGLETT. After you choose your Pokemon, Your adventure begins!

.::Features::.
Oooh! Finally! Exciting Stuffs!
- Explore the Orange Island
- Newly coloured pokemons!
Ex: I am going to put Dark Lugia, Crystal Onix, Red Gyrados, Dark Dialga, and etc...
- New Gyms (The Orange Crew!)
- The Orange Déx (Diffrent Orders, etc...)
- The Orange League!
- But same old TEAM ROCKET... (coz that's how it is in the anime...)
- New Starters!
Here are the starters:
-Pikachu [Elec]- Lv 36 - Raichu [Elec, Dark] (Not related to Pichu anymore)
-Staryu [Water]- Lv 34 - Starmie [Water, Psychic]
-Diglett [Ground]- Lv 31 - Dugtrio [Ground, Rock]
(I chose them because they're like fire, water and grass)
- New Heros!
- Boy - OREN
- Girl - ISLE

.::What to do::.
Urgh... Lots of work to do...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

.::Progress Report::.
Horray! Something done...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

.::The World Map::.
The World Map!!

Here's the PLAN of the World MAP:
attachment.php

attachment.php

.::Screens/Videos/Maps::.
It's always good to have a peek...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
Years
  • Age 32
  • Utah
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
It's cool to see an Orange Islands game originally made in English, but there are quite a few mapping errors and, well, "No nos" in your maps/screens. If those can be fixed, and most of the things mentioned in the first post can be done, this will be a great, successful hack. Good luck man.

ksunwoo6

Working on PKMN OI...
Years
Good hack! But try to put more Tropical Trees like Naranja and don't make any bridges.
You can make a Lapras event in the game Naranja.
Well, I need someone to make some tiles for me... I can't use the Naranja ones, can I?
And actually I am going to put Lapras event, so you can travel in the sea.
Anyways, Thanks for the reply!

wolverfrog

Working on a Hack
Years
right, i'll help script mabye.
i'm okay at it, still learning, but hey, rome wasn't built in a day, it was built at night! sorry, bad jokes aside, i can-

-basic word script, you know, like make someone have a convo with you
-incorporate trainers name into script
-change text colour
-make a yes/no question
-make a give pokemon script- eg make an old man give you a growlithe lv 5 holding a potion, then if you speak to him again he asks how is it and dosn't give you another thanks to the wonder that are flags!
-probably make a give item script, not much difference
-learning how to applymovement at mo
-next goal, to script wild battles!

so, yeah, i thought naranja was a bit...meh(no offence sergio), probably cos it was in spanish and it was a ruby rom base.

so i'd be happy to help with that, send me an ips to [email protected] or PM me a reply with one attached...if that is possible. bye!

and for the lapras event, i could make somebody give you one that is holding surf, or mabye if i get more advanced you could rescue one that washed up on the beach..actually, i might have to look into that, lets see, i could have a lapra......

ksunwoo6

Working on PKMN OI...
Years
Thanks!

right, i'll help script mabye.
i'm okay at it, still learning, but hey, rome wasn't built in a day, it was built at night! sorry, bad jokes aside, i can-

-basic word script, you know, like make someone have a convo with you
-incorporate trainers name into script
-change text colour
-make a yes/no question
-make a give pokemon script- eg make an old man give you a growlithe lv 5 holding a potion, then if you speak to him again he asks how is it and dosn't give you another thanks to the wonder that are flags!
-probably make a give item script, not much difference
-learning how to applymovement at mo
-next goal, to script wild battles!

so, yeah, i thought naranja was a bit...meh(no offence sergio), probably cos it was in spanish and it was a ruby rom base.

so i'd be happy to help with that, send me an ips to [email protected] or PM me a reply with one attached...if that is possible. bye!

and for the lapras event, i could make somebody give you one that is holding surf, or mabye if i get more advanced you could rescue one that washed up on the beach..actually, i might have to look into that, lets see, i could have a lapra......

Hey! You're In.
So do you want to be a scripter?
If you can, then great!!!

wolverfrog

Working on a Hack
Years
yeah, okay then, deal! i need a project to work on, i was thinking of making my own, but i might as well help you with this.

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 9, 2012
I dont wont to be mean, but i would suggest that you improve the mapping, I see alot of empty spaces..

But i like the idea of the Orange Island on another hack, they're not used often :p

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
The mapping isn't all that good, but I can see alot of effort on it, so I think its ok :)
I could help in mapping and some scripting, if needed.

wolverfrog

Working on a Hack
Years
ok, em, right, i did the lapras event, cleared all that you can't enter the gym stuff, entered through the door and...wierd screen with loads of brown tiles. if you want me to do lapras event in there im afraid you shall have to move it to another building, in a different map bank.if you want, i'll try have it outside on the beach...

actually, now thinking, i think the prob is you are NOT using a clean firered rom for the hacking, so when you send me an ips, it's slightly messed up and i keep getting messages sayin it can't read bytes at the end of file. so, i don't know what you are going to do now..........

ksunwoo6

Working on PKMN OI...
Years
The mapping isn't all that good, but I can see alot of effort on it, so I think its ok :)
I could help in mapping and some scripting, if needed.
It's GREAT IF YOU CAN HELP ME. WILL YOU BE A MAPPER? OR A SCRIPTER?
(Well, I'll prefer you being a scripter... If you can... )

ok, em, right, i did the lapras event, cleared all that you can't enter the gym stuff, entered through the door and...wierd screen with loads of brown tiles. if you want me to do lapras event in there im afraid you shall have to move it to another building, in a different map bank.if you want, i'll try have it outside on the beach...

actually, now thinking, i think the prob is you are NOT using a clean firered rom for the hacking, so when you send me an ips, it's slightly messed up and i keep getting messages sayin it can't read bytes at the end of file. so, i don't know what you are going to do now..........
Um.... How about I send you a exe patch??? Maybe this will work better...
PLZ REPLY...

Last edited:

wolverfrog

Working on a Hack
Years
hmm, exe patch, might work, i think part of it may be caused by my AM, it's a bit dodgy, so i'm gettin newer one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back