• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen B2W2 starter

Starter for B2W2

• The smug Snivy

Votes: 110 35.3%
  • The tough Tepig

Votes: 69 22.1%
  • The O-Adorable Oshawott

Votes: 133 42.6%

• Total voters

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
It's gonna be Oshawott like in White. I never have been a fan of starting with a Grass-type and I'm not looking forward to another Fighting-Fire hybrid starter, so that pretty much limits my options to Oshawott.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Eh, since I'm hoping to get both - I'll most likely get a choice from two. I'm kind of disappointed with the starters to be honest, although yes - they make sense, it's just it would have been nicer to have a different choice. It's not like it'll ruin my experience of the games anyway - so I'm just nitpicking. ._.'

I'll probably pick Snivy in White 2, considering I didn't pick it in any of my playthroughs of B/W, and I'll probably make a decision on the starter for Black 2 on the spot. xD;

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Will anyone be ignoring the starters and getting a Pokemon from an early route or trading one in from B/W? Even though I'm picking Snivy probably I'm still considering getting a Larvesta from White and transferring it over to raise as my starter instead.

I MIGHT do this one I see what Pokemon they're putting in the games. I did that for the first time I ever played my White version and it was awesome. Actually, I may pick Oshawott just so I can replace it with an Azurill.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I think I'm going to go with Snivy this time around, too :) I guess he's a bit too smug, eh? Besides, being with what I like is the thing that I like the most about reusing starter choices. Unless I can't pick it for some reason

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Will anyone be ignoring the starters and getting a Pokemon from an early route or trading one in from B/W? Even though I'm picking Snivy probably I'm still considering getting a Larvesta from White and transferring it over to raise as my starter instead.

I'm on the fence of actually doing this, since I'll be Nuzlocking my first playthrough, so I really want a chance to get an Azurill, rather than not being able to actually train it because I have an Oshawott.

If I do so, Bulbasaur will definately be my starter of choice.

Years
I will be choosing Oshawott cos it's my fave of the three.

Everyone knows that "I liek Oshawottz" and have this cute Oshawott mascot. I like the other two but Oshawott turned out the best for me plus he's cute.

DavidBarnes

Forever young.
Years
I don't care who or what is going on in the new games.

498.png

This guy has had my back from the beginning of this new generation. And it's gonna stay that way.

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2012
Oshawott for me. For some reason, I always felt as though the developers were sort of nudging the player to choose the water starter. Heck even the anime has Ash getting an Oshawott.

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
Oshawott Because It's A Water Type And I Always Pick The Water Starter In Every Game Exept White Since I Picked Snivy

Years
Tepig or Oshawott, most likely Oshawott, because I don't see the rival picking Oshawott- he seems more like a Snivy type of guy. I always try to go with what seems more fitting to the rival(s).

Also, my friends seem to have this thing where they all pick the Grass or Fire starter, and as a result it takes us forever to get the Water one later on ._. So yeah, most likely Oshawott.

PokeFreak201306

Pokemon Master
Years
Tepig all the way, I have started with the fire starter FIRST since the 1st Gen games :) i always end up playing through with them all, but fire always comes first

Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2012
I wish we could get new starters, but oh well. I think Oshawott is the cutest, so I'll pick that one.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Aww man, this is a really tough choice... I adore Oshawott for its cuteness and childishness, I adore Tepig for its peppiness and attitude of never giving up, and I adore Snivy for its calm/cool nature, so this is a really tough one! I've used Oshawott and Tepig most recently in Black, so I guess I'm gonna go with Snivy for my B2W2 starter; but that really is only based on when I last used them. Choosing my last starter for BW was like torture, they're all so amazing in Gen V ;;

BryGuy Shinigami

Psychic Pokemon Prophet
Years
I am saving up to have 2 copies of Black 2 and a copy of White 2 for I can get all three starters. At first I didn't like the starters for the exception of Snivy, but now I like all three (I use to think Oshawatt was ugly as sin and then it grew on me plus help with the anime and now I find it adorable). Snivy will my choice on one of the Black 2 games and which one I choose for Tepig and Oshawatt depends if Reshiram would be on White 2 or Black 2. If he is on B2, Tepig would be on White, if Reshiram is on W2, Tepig would be on Black. I don't want my Fire starter to be choice of the game that you get the Fire Dragon.

Frozen

Frosty
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
In White I went with Tepig, and I'll probably do the same this time too. I love his design and fire type starters usually appeal to me more. :)

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
I'll probably start off with Oshawott, as I did the first time I played through White. Then immediately box it once I pick up another Pokemon I want to use. I've used all three before, and I can't say I was a big fan of any of them. Plus, with the greater variety of Pokemon available in the wild, I'll want to try out something else instead.

iTeruri

iAm
Years
With White I chose my favourite, Oshawott (still my favourite). With Black I chose my next favourite (Snivy). With Black or White 2 (whaterver version I get) I'll choose Tepig, my least favourite of the three.

Back