• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Montana

Say Hello To My Little Friend!
Years
...OMG.. I accidentally deleted the save.... Well, I guess I'll start over, but I don't wanna do ground, So I'll open to vote again.
P.S. You don't have to vote. P.P.S. Don't Choose Rock/Ground/Dragon/Ice/Ghost (The first two I don't want, the last three are to rare for my liking without trading). I am keeping the one poison vote.

Poison: 1

What Ikawlyx said about the Wi-Fi challenge, would be nice. The people who want/can do it, can. I got a child idea from his idea(some of it), The first people to finish(of different types) should form a league using their type, if they can/want.

Like, one ground person finishes, the get to choose a spot(Gym1,2,etc..) Or, if they were the first to finished they automatically get placed in eight/Eliter Four spot 4. Then if a bug wins, they get Elite Four Spot 3... It would just be something fun to do. Like the gyms in the Battle place here, but made out of the top winners of every type. That would be cool. So, there would be 15 Gyms/Pokémon League People.

If you guys don't get, and want me to explain it better, then say so.

Cool idea! I just wish NO$GBA had Wi-Fi ...

btw im going on holiday for about 10 days so I wont be able to post anything. Maybe I can get my PC fixed in those days :)

Barney.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 30, 2015
Yay, Update-ish time.

Destroyed silph co. Practically singal "Chan"dedly//

Awful joke I'm sorry.

Beat Sabrina...Surprisingly easy..Just some Primeape aerial aces did the trick :/

On my way to Cinnabar.

TEAM

pkfrlg057.png

Primeape lv46

-Aerial Ace
-Mega Punch
-Cross Chop
-Karate Chop

pkfrlg067.png

Machoke lv42

-Revenge
-Rock Slide
-Foresight
-Vital Throw

pkfrlg062.png

Poliwrath lv41

-Surf
-Hypnosis
-Brick Break
-Dig

pkfrlg107.png

Hitmonchan lv41

-Thunder Punch
-Ice Punch
-Fire Punch
-Sky Uppercut

Yams

Polursaring!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 21, 2013
Although noone probably noticed me, I had claimed bug type earlier. I finished Kanto and Johto, but as I did not post any updates, I will start over as Poison Type.

By the way the name is Yams not Yamo :P

Edit: I started my journey in Pokemon Red as the poison type.
I chose bulbasaur, beat the old guys grandson, and was on my way.
I Delivered the parcel to oak, got some balls, and caught two Nidoran, one male and one female.
I plan to ditch the Female when I get more poison types.
Party:
Bulbasaur Lv 9
Tackle
Growl
Leech Seed
Nidoran M Lv 10
Leer
Tackle
Horn Attack
Nidoran F Lv 10
Growl
Takcle
Scratch

Last edited:

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
As for Ikwaylx's idea, I think it would be an awesome to have a mini-tournament among all those who finish the challenge. I'll definitely be up for it! I also think ÄgàmêñÐmØÑ's idea would be interesting, if the rest of you were willing to be a part of it. Though of course this would only apply to those of us not using ROM's. ;_;
What type do you think I should use?

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 25, 2009
-beat blaine
-beat giovanni immediatly after
-went through victory road and i'm now starting my training for the league.

My current Normal team:

PIDJO (Pidgeot)
lvl 48
rbspr018.png

-Gust
-Fly
-Quick Attack
-Wing Attack

SNIPPER (Raticate)
lvl 47
rbspr020.png

-Blizzard
-Dig
-Quick Attack
-Hyper Fang

PLUSHY (Wigglytuff)
lvl 48
rbspr040.png

-Fire Blast
-Thunder Wave
-Ice Beam
-Solarbeam

CAT (Meowth)
lvl 48
rbspr053.png

-Thunderbolt
-Skull Bash
-Bite
-Slash

NEIGHBOUR (Snorlax)
lvl 47
rbspr143.png

-Earthquake
-Surf
-Rest
-Psychic

Going to get a few levels behind me before making a first "dry" run at the league.
Will post a screenshot of my levels then.

EDIT: Used a couple of rare candies and got a few levels in victory road. My team for the 1st attempt is a little low i know, but i want to see if i can do it. (pic of current levels below)
1stAttempt.jpg

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Then how about Rock? Of all the types(excluding Ice/Dragon/Ghost), that's the one with the least amount of challengers. ^^

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 25, 2009
Beat the Elite 4 and Gary, 1st attempt!!

Lorelei: killed Cat! Cat's special and/or thunderbolt were too weak to wipe pokemon in one shot. It still took out 3 of 4 water/ice pokemon. Plushy took care of Jynx and the Lapras which killed Cat. (after battle used: x1 revive, x2 super potions)

Bruno: Easy as pie. Used Plushy's solarbeam to take out the two Onix and Pidjo's fly made quick work of the actual fighting types. (after battle used: 0 items)

Agatha: Also easy. Wiped out the Gengars, Haunter and Arbok by using Snipper's Dig move. Golbat was taken out using Cat's Thunderbolt. (after battle used: 0 items)

Lance: Started off with the wrong pokemon.. thought a Dragonair came first and put Plushy in front of the party. So just rolled with it and tried to take out the Gyrados using Plushy, but it failed and Plushy fainted. Switched Cat in and took the remaining 75% health out with Thunderbolt. Sent Snipper in for the 1st Dragonair and revived Plushy immediately as back up. Snipper took out the two Dragonairs with Blizzard. Used Neighbour's surf to take care of the Aerodactyl. The final one, the Dragonite. Sent Snipper back out and fell straight to Hyperbeam. Sent Plushy out and used the assorted attacks it has to finish off Lance. (after battle used: revive x1, somewhere around 10 super potions and a couple of max potions)

Gary: Took out the Pidgeot with Cat and thunderbolt, almost died in the process though. I have no Psychic killers so i just sent in Snipper and tried to Dig through the Alakazam, but it caught me with a psychic and killed Snipper. So i used Plushy and managed to kill it with Solarbeam. Clear sailing from here onwards. Rhydon fell to solarbeam. Arcanine fell to a combination of earthquake and surf from Neighbour. Got off one fireblast and burnt it before Exeggutor killed Plushy. Sent in Pidjo, used fly once and was put to sleep for the duration of the match. I kept Pidjo in battle though as Exeggutor wasn't doing much damage to me and burn was killing it. Blastoise was taken out by Neighbour, who used an earthquake and a couple of psychics.

This is what my party looked like after the elite 4.
1stwin.jpg

My final Normal team (Kanto):

PIDJO (Pidgeot)
lvl 50
rbspr018.png

-Gust
-Fly
-Quick Attack
-Wing Attack

SNIPPER (Raticate)
lvl 50
rbspr020.png

-Blizzard
-Dig
-Quick Attack
-Hyper Fang

PLUSHY (Wigglytuff)
lvl 51
rbspr040.png

-Fire Blast
-Thunder Wave
-Ice Beam
-Solarbeam

CAT (Meowth)
lvl 51
rbspr053.png

-Thunderbolt
-Skull Bash
-Bite
-Slash

NEIGHBOUR (Snorlax)
lvl 51
rbspr143.png

-Earthquake
-Surf
-Rest
-Psychic

Play time: 25:45
Pokedex: 12

So that is the first gen out of the way. I had forgotten how good Red and Blue were, i'm so glad i decided to do this challenge. I'm going to move on through Johto on my crystal rom.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
Ok. I know what type I am going to use. Psychic, it is lonely as well. You are the only using it. ^^ Well, what is the first Psychic pokemon I can get?

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Oh yes, I forgot about Psychic, XDD. Well, the first one you can get is Abra, on Route 24. And be sure to catch two, as you can later trade one for a Mr. Mime. ^^

Barney.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 30, 2015
I got a copy of silver.. yay me >.>

I'll start playing as soon as I finish Kanto.

Zam, please may you change my name?

It's not Blazeavile anymore :3

Korova.

Cheers :D

EDIT:

I'm going too trade my Machoke on to XD and then trade back to get machamp...Is that cool?

Last edited:

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
Years
I had actually began to play Silver soon after I beat Blue, but about when I arrived at Azalea, I realized how much easier it would be to play it in Crystal (due to Gold/Silver's lack of Leaf Stones), so I started Johto over and progressed to Azalea again. Here's my current team:

Bayleef Lv18
gbc153.gif

-Tackle
-Poisonpowder
-Reflect
-Razor Leaf

Bellsprout Lv18
gbc069.gif

-Vine Whip
-Growth
-Wrap
-Sleep Powder

Now that it's a weekend, progress will hopefully speed up.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
Cerulean City, Kanto
Psychic Challenge​

Dear Journal,

Today was the actual first day of my challenge. After a long day I am exhausted. It took a couple of tries to catch an Abra, but when I did I realized that we would be buddies. I called the Pokémon, Lucifer. We would be there through everything. Some strong feeling told me to catch another, so I did. After I trained a lot, Lucifer evolved into a Kadabra. I was psyched! After even more training I challenged the gym. Misty was tough, especially that Starmie, boy did it give me troubles. Lucifer learned a new powerful attack, Psybeam. I left the gym with my head held high, an air of pride, and a Cascade badge! I was bored, and decided to sketch Lucifer.

rbspr064.png

Teleport/Confusion
Disable/Psy Beam

After I left Cerulean, I made my way towards Vermillion. I am still making my way their, and know that their is a strong challenge ahead of me.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
Figures... Friends found Pokemon Diamond... AFTER I go through the trouble with emulator -.-

Oh well, I'll just play my DS diamond as a normal game, and continue on Emulator with the challenge :P

Tony Montana

Years
I remade my Diamond team, as I found out Numel is obtained AFTER the E4. My New Team:

Torterra - Donatello (lol)
Shellos/Quagsire (Slug/Glenn)
Graveler (Roll)
Steelix (Snake)
Garchomp (Chomper)

Btw, as I know almost NOTHING about Sinnoh, where is Wayward Cave (so I can get Gible)?

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 25, 2009
Its underneath cycling road at the north end. will need to access from the south.
Gible is pretty rare though. I wish you the best of luck at finding one.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
It could take a minute to find. You need strength to get through it. When I entered there I found Gible a whole lot.

Tony Montana

Years
It could take a minute to find. You need strength to get through it. When I entered there I found Gible a whole lot.

lol tnx a lot

I think the problem is solved it was just a STUPID virus but i deleted it heheh
Ill try NO$GBA after I come back from holiday

Oh, and which one do you think its better for my team, Gastrodon or Quagsire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back