• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2012
shop bug

hi there,

i have recently started playing this game, but very early on, when the shop that is supposed to sell first pokeballs is somewhat glitched for me. The items it sells are all set to ?????? with 0$. Im playing the game on my Symbian mobile phone (vbag s603rd) - any idea why this happens?

thx alot

Zetsubou Johnny

He once drank an entire bottle of windex
Years
So the 3 kanto starters in this hack replace the natural hoenn starters? Not just as the starters but as the pokemon in general? The girl in oceanshine referred to my charmander as a torchic. So even if i try to hack in a torchic as my starters i'll just get a charmander? Or do you get one later and the pokemon were just switched around?

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2016
So the 3 kanto starters in this hack replace the natural hoenn starters? Not just as the starters but as the pokemon in general? The girl in oceanshine referred to my charmander as a torchic. So even if i try to hack in a torchic as my starters i'll just get a charmander? Or do you get one later and the pokemon were just switched around?

The girl's script simply hasn't been changed.
Umm...Jagold has switched Torchic and Charmander's sprite. The Torchic that replaces the Charmander slot (004) in the National Pokedex has the same moveset and stats as the original Charmander. He's done this with several Pokemon, I believe.

I forgot exactly how I found this out...

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2012
Well, I hope you can help me with this one, as I can't find any documentation on my problem.
I've got the 5th badge and chose the normal mode. I traveled east from Rintah Town and headed to Dusk Path, but just after the cave and a bit of grass there is this mud/quicksand, that sucks me in after 1-3 steps and I can't find any way to circumvent that.
If I continue this way I won't get to Lustersand Town, so do you have any idea on how to get through that?

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2013
so the guide rock told me to go to the dusk path mineral cave, but when i go in nothing happens. the pokemon just sends me back outside. what should I do?

nvm i got it, but what i do want to know is where u get bulbasaur wild XD and the other starters

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2015
So I'm really early in this hack, but I just want to say, whoever picked the music for this is awesome! Battling Claire right now and got super nostalgic when I heard the Kingdom Hearts song... anyways, I did have a question, does this game have the physical/special split? If that's a stupid question, sorry, but I didn't realize that liquid crystal had it and ya, I just wanted to know

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I did have a question, does this game have the physical/special split? If that's a stupid question, sorry, but I didn't realize that liquid crystal had it and ya, I just wanted to know

I don't consider any questions as stupid. That's a harsh word. I would prefer the word "silly". ;)
Anyway, no, LoG has no physical/special split.

nvm i got it, but what i do want to know is where u get bulbasaur wild XD and the other starters

You can view their locations through the PokeDex.
I forgot where I put them, but they are near Rintah Town.

Well, I hope you can help me with this one, as I can't find any documentation on my problem.
I've got the 5th badge and chose the normal mode. I traveled east from Rintah Town and headed to Dusk Path, but just after the cave and a bit of grass there is this mud/quicksand, that sucks me in after 1-3 steps and I can't find any way to circumvent that.
If I continue this way I won't get to Lustersand Town, so do you have any idea on how to get through that?

Yeah, instead of east from Rintah Town, head south from Rainbow City. ;)

So the 3 kanto starters in this hack replace the natural hoenn starters?

Yep. ;)

hi there,

i have recently started playing this game, but very early on, when the shop that is supposed to sell first pokeballs is somewhat glitched for me. The items it sells are all set to ?????? with 0$. Im playing the game on my Symbian mobile phone (vbag s603rd) - any idea why this happens?

thx alot

It's a known bug. I am really not sure what is causing that, but I am guessing that it's caused by a patching glitch, or a ROM incompatibility...

ahh..are the shiny pokemons stronger than normal?

Ahh,is stormidran rare?i have em at my party XD

Shinies aren't stronger. The only thing making them special is that they have different colors and they "shine" (I think) every time you send them out (which I find annoying)...

Luckies. The edited Pokemon have shiny colors now? I remember RoL's shinies were glitchy-looking.

Yep. In LoG, they have shiny palletes.

@DJG: It's really hard to see :D
You could have made it more visible =D

Blame meh lezeness...

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012

Yeah, instead of east from Rintah Town, head south from Rainbow City. ;)

Unfortunately I'm having the same issue as Big-Blue.
I can't get to Rainbow City because the man running the train isn't there anymore.
The Triangles in-game tell me to go to Lustersand town or to the pokemon league.

Upon entering the building, it was just the normal 3 people. (mart, healer and symbol checker.)
No event.
The last event I did was see Giratina and the grass deer thing.. I'm on the evil side. The shaman tells me things will go bad if Giratina isn't stopped, but i'm at a loss as to what i can do now.
Thanks!

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Unfortunately I'm having the same issue as Big-Blue.
I can't get to Rainbow City because the man running the train isn't there anymore.
The Triangles in-game tell me to go to Lustersand town or to the pokemon league.

Upon entering the building, it was just the normal 3 people. (mart, healer and symbol checker.)
No event.
The last event I did was see Giratina and the grass deer thing.. I'm on the evil side. The shaman tells me things will go bad if Giratina isn't stopped, but i'm at a loss as to what i can do now.
Thanks!

What?
That lazy good-for-nothing train guy!

Ahem... Anyway, thank you for this report. I suppose I'll have to toughen him up and force him to stay there (and as well as his twin in Sparkle Path) so you can use the train.
(or I could just simply remove their flags...)

Anyway, for the time being, here's a reference map for the quick sand.
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2012
The reference map really helped, thank you!
I didn't thought that there might be a pattern controlling when you fall, so I always ran straight into the field... ^^"

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2012
hi there,

thx alot

im using my phone also and we have the same prob..sometimes u can buy items after defeating a gym leader,at that time make sure to stack as much items as u can,XD

XXVIII

Romhacker Wannabe
Years
Wow the Hevah League is very challenging. Is TM Toxic available in this game? If yes where can I get it? And do you have a list of all the pokemons in this game coz I wanna complete my pokedex.

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2016
...I've been to Snowsoft City, and I was wondering, why is it so high up now?

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2017
A whole bunch of my stored pokemon have turned into bad eggs, is there any way I can fix this or are they all buggered. Also what may have caused it?

zeldastriker

Just a Guy Who Loves Flygon
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 10, 2019
Is there some way you can post a sprite-sheet of all shiny Fakemon? I'd love to see all of them, but I don't think it would be very possible to hunt for all of them. :o Thanks in advance.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Is there some way you can post a sprite-sheet of all shiny Fakemon? I'd love to see all of them, but I don't think it would be very possible to hunt for all of them. :o Thanks in advance.

Um...
You can view their shiny sprites through unlz-GBA or through Advanced Pokémon Sprite Editor (here's a link for the ini file of LoG, so you can view it through APSE).

A whole bunch of my stored pokemon have turned into bad eggs, is there any way I can fix this or are they all buggered. Also what may have caused it?

I don't think I've heard that bug before...
And I don't know what may have caused it. =/

...I've been to Snowsoft City, and I was wondering, why is it so high up now?

I just imitated Highpoint Town, high up on a mountaintop where the temperature is lower than on the base of the mountain.

Wow the Hevah League is very challenging. Is TM Toxic available in this game? If yes where can I get it? And do you have a list of all the pokemons in this game coz I wanna complete my pokedex.

I'm not sure if TM Toxic is available. I haven't payed much attention to the TMs.
And here's a video of the list of PKMN available for capture for your dex.

Zetsubou Johnny

He once drank an entire bottle of windex
Years
I'm not sure if TM Toxic is available. I haven't payed much attention to the TMs.

And that's the biggest flaw in this game, I remember complaining about the TMs last year. Pokemon don't learn the right tms and TMs have the wrong descriptions. Since you replaced existing tms with new ones and replaced existing pokemon with new ones, the entire TM system is a bit off wack. Not to mention buying TM's is really hard when the game is lying to you about what the tm actually does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back