• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Lol!
The Puzzles are finally working xD
Amazing job as always i hope the phone or night day pokemon system will be available soon

I noticed a bug in the bag and bugs update but maybe you fixed it so im gna try this new beta first to check if its still there Is it, then?

And 2 new questions:

1. I noticed the dark cave aint completly dark like in the originql crystal will you change that some day or keep the emerald version where it shows a the area close to the player in a circle I'm keeping it the way it is; it doesn't need to be changed.

2. Premier balls didnt exist in the original, we can get them in this hack though will this be changed or you will keep them Same thing for these.
Responses in bold.
I love how you added a FR/LG-style header thingy on the Ruins of Alph puzzle. It makes it look a lot more official. Thanks!

Also, may I ask why you have frequent mini-updates rather than infrequent large updates? This isn't a criticism, I'm genuinely curious. Because I'm really trying to work on Shining Opal, but CrystalDust keeps pulling me back in for random things. Also, these mini-updates let me release bugfixes without introducing new ones by way of also introducing new content at the same time.

EDIT: Also about the Johto/Kanto tree thing when you said that you didn't want to initially use the first ones of mine that I posted, I recall there was a newer one that I posted over at RHO that you said you would use, but because that was in a chatroom you might have lost it. Here is a newer one, just in case:
155tkps.png

If you don't like it, tell me what's wrong with it, because at this point it seems like I'm the only person whose willing to make proper Johto trees for you, and this is something that I really want to see done in a G/S/C remake (actually recognizing that in G/S/C, Johto and Kanto had completely different visual tilesets). Inserted, but I'm not too adamant on the way they look right now.
Responses in bold.
I love how you kept pretty much the same general overworld tileset as FR/LG as well.
Thanks, but as you can see above, the trees are now going to be changed!
how did you hack the emerald music? I would love to know this because Im currently making a pokemon gold remake.
Simple: the way you would hack the music of any other Pokémon game this generation.
I got a call from mom about the gb player was this added in the newest update 0.o
No...? That was added a long time ago, with the GB Player update. You only get the call if you didn't get the GB Player before that, though, so that might be why you didn't notice it.
Hi. Nothing special. I just caught Sudowoodo, obtained Rock smash, battled the trainers on the way to Ecruteak and then went to the Pokemon Center. After that, I went to the gym, expecting to have the "you can't enter here" message, but it didn't happen. And then I went to the Burned tower, and Silver was speechless as well.
If you have a save file from just before that happened, I'd love to see it. Send it in a PM.
I played the latest beta no bugs up to red gyarados event i beaten most trainers talked to most npcs and did most events everything works ok no new bugs from ruins of alph puzzle were detected as of now xD
Great! Thanks for bugtesting again!

And now, for a very minor update that has a big effect on visuals:
Small Vanity Update - 12/15/2013

CrystalDust_titlescreen.png

Nothing much new in this update, except for a few graphical changes:

• The title screen now uses a better font! Thanks to FredrIQ for finding it for me.
  • The trees around Johto are now the trees provided by Chaos Rush! (screenshots will be updated soon)
  • Kris has a new sprite, obtained by MrAPT1!
As usual, the link's in the first post!

Years
I didnt got the bug i was talking about in the ruins of alph update so i guess it was fixed

Gonna try the new trees update soon very busy now

Congrats for getting best scripting and mapping :D
No hack can beat this on scripting

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
I didnt got the bug i was talking about in the ruins of alph update so i guess it was fixed

Gonna try the new trees update soon very busy now

Congrats for getting best scripting and mapping :D
No hack can beat this on scripting
I hope I get a shiny graphical award to put up on the first post! :D

Also, today I'm putting out a tiny bugfix patch for yesterday's update. It fixes the new girl sprite's palette as well as a random tile error I found. Same download link as usual.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I hope I get a shiny graphical award to put up on the first post! :D

Also, today I'm putting out a tiny bugfix patch for yesterday's update. It fixes the new girl sprite's palette as well as a random tile error I found. Same download link as usual.
About the new trees, I see what you mean in that they aren't the highest quality (the 'sections' aren't even). Admittedly, it was rushed. I will make a new tree (or a couple new ones) and make sure they fit in with the FR/LG art style as good as I can, and I will take my time on them. It's nice to see the FR/LG trees retained at Indigo Plateau, I will say :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
The better logo for CRYSTALDUST in the intro and the new sprite look fantastic! However i'm unsatisfied with the overworlds specifically of Gold, Silver, Kris, and Morty. If i may suggest, maybe you can make them more fr/lg-esque as well sometime? (i seem to notice morty's head looks a bit off); as well as change the spinning icon of the pokegear? and maybe change the sound when someone calls?

To suggest, maybe you can use the gold sprite in MrApt's video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUa914UEKDg&list=PL4DEDD6B9CCF1D6C9

I'm excited to hear about the Sevii islands quest, just a suggestion tho, maybe you can incorporate the hoenn pokemon there (similar to how fr/lg incorporated johto in its sevii islands).

Other than that, i like mostly everything that you've done for this, props to shinyquagsire and the spriters. Notably the bags, the day-night system, the revamped crystal intro, the ruins of alph, and I expect to see more of kanto and the sidequest. I apologize if i haven't reported any bugs, i only started playing this new patch. :)

Last edited:

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
Thanks, but as you can see above, the trees are now going to be changed!

Don't really mind, I think they fit really well in the FR/LG tileset.

I wish more people did like you and regularly posted small update patches instead of holding out and only releasing big patches.

Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2020
uhm, do you guys know where I can get the PokeGear? also, when I started the game and went down from my room, I got into Violet City. am I playing the wrong beta? thanks :)

Years
uhm, do you guys know where I can get the PokeGear? also, when I started the game and went down from my room, I got into Violet City. am I playing the wrong beta? thanks :)
Hmmm. Seems very weird to me. I remember when I started the game, I was in New Bark Town, the town where I should be at the start of the game.

Years
I just started playing this hack, and so far, it looks great to me! However, there are some bugs with the PokeGear.

First, it's Youngster Joey. When I called him, he will sometimes say, "It's me, the mountain-loving JOEY! Well, since we met, have you grown to appreciate the mountains more? I rarely see you in the mountains... Next time, we'll meet somewhere in UNION CAVE." And the PokeGear states that Joey is in Union Cave.

Then, I registered Bug Catcher Wade inside my PokeGear, but his entry is not found in the PokeGear.

AF13unown

My english is bad xD
Years
no, that's the right patch
that happen to me too :D
it happen in every stair that you access
you will teleport into semewhere else
it happen if you play on phone (i'm using vbag)
but if you play in pc its working fine

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
JohtoTree_zps9d83521f.png

Better trees. I could tone down the detail just a bit if you want (or you're feeling confident sprite-wise you could do it yourself, since I know you can sprite a little). Sorry for looking at your tileset data, just trying to make things more convenient for you.

Back