• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

iRoyBoy

Is the definition of yaoi
Years
Your probably talking about White Forest or Black City.
As their respectible names go, White forest is a white version exclisive, and Black city is a Black version excluisive. They are the same in some ways and different in other ways.

I personaly got black. and Black City was a big determining factor for me. I believe there is a version exclusive list on Srebii.net. I'd have to hunt for it.

Also if you have a Gamestop and keep the recipt, you can return it for a full refund within a week and they will probably let you trade it for a different version. Im not all sure of how it works, i've never returned a game myself, but I would ask your gamestop manager if that is a possibility.

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2011
seems i have gotten myself very confused on this site (being moved) but i am very moeved by the help given and very grateful. thanks keep it coming if there are any more views

thanks to all. in my defence at knowing nothing pokemon. dragon quest 9 is my thing so thanks again all

Last edited:

N64

LOL WUT?
Years
Should I get Black or White??

Yeah I'm debating it really. Normally I would have a new pokemon pre-ordered but Black and White I didn't because I was worried they might not be good I mean black and white for the names of the games? Eh sounded weird and alot of the pokemon look really weird and lame. I have heard ALOT of good reviews though and friends that have it said to get it because its like the best pokemone yet?? IDK some suggestions would help guys....

Dreadnought

Imperador
Years
Which version exclusives do you prefer black or white? Do you prefer Reshiram or Zekrom? I bought both since I want to easily complete the Unova PokeDex and Also get both Reshiram and Zekrom.

N64

LOL WUT?
Years
I was thinking Pokemon White because Zekrom looks cooler. LOL what do you suggest? Which one was more fun? Either way i think I might pick one up this weekend if I get alot of good replys

p.s. sorry mods I'm new and thought this was in the right section for the thread lol my bad..

Last edited:

Dreadnought

Imperador
Years
I was thinking Pokemon White because Zekrom looks cooler. LOL what do you suggest? Which one was more fun? Either way i think I might pick one up this weekend if I get alot of good replys

p.s. sorry mods I'm new and thought this was in the right section for the thread lol my bad..
I can't really suggest as it comes down to your decision. If you like Zekrom go for White and if you like Reshiram instead go for Black.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2011
Help with EV Training. (Total Noob)

Hello I was wondering if anyone here can help me out with EV training in Pokemon White. I tried my first attempt last night and totally failed. I tried killing 252 Patrats/Lillipups with my level 58 Emboar, only for it to gain 4 attack when it leveled up. If anyone could help me with this it is greatly appreciated, whether I am not doing something right or at all.

Thanks in advance!

-akaKidder

Dreadnought

Imperador
Years
Hello I was wondering if anyone here can help me out with EV training in Pokemon White. I tried my first attempt last night and totally failed. I tried killing 252 Patrats/Lillipups with my level 58 Emboar, only for it to gain 4 attack when it leveled up. If anyone could help me with this it is greatly appreciated, whether I am not doing something right or at all.

Thanks in advance!

-akaKidder
The best way most people like to EV train is using Power Items (Anklet, Bracer,etc..) combined with Pokerus. Pokerus doubles the amount of EV's a pokemon gets when it battles another pokemon.

Example: Starly gives 1 speed EV. When you battle a starly with a pokemon with Pokerus you gain 2 speed EV's instead of 1. Now say you battle starly and your pokemon has a Power Anklet (gives 4 speed EV's) and pokerus. You battle the starly and get 1 speed EV + 4 speed EV's from the Anklet, since Pokerus doubles the EV's you get. 1 +4= 5 x 2 = 10. So you just need to beat 25 starly's to max your pokemon's speed stat. Makes it so you don't need to waste so much time knocking out 200+ Pokemon.

Years
If you have a level 58 Emboar then it's probably too late to EV train it. A Pokemon has max EVs of 510 and everything you ever killed with it, gave it EVs, so your Emboar will have a bunch of random EVs. You should start EV training as soon as you catch a Pokemon.

Anyway, if you have 252 EVs in a stat you will have an extra 63 points in that stat, when you reach level 100. Not when you level up, so even with 252 EVs in ATK, +4 on a level-up is perfectly fine.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2011
The best way most people like to EV train is using Power Items (Anklet, Bracer,etc..) combined with Pokerus. Pokerus doubles the amount of EV's a pokemon gets when it battles another pokemon.

Example: Starly gives 1 speed EV. When you battle a starly with a pokemon with Pokerus you gain 2 speed EV's instead of 1. Now say you battle starly and your pokemon has a Power Anklet (gives 4 speed EV's) and pokerus. You battle the starly and get 1 speed EV + 4 speed EV's from the Anklet, since Pokerus doubles the EV's you get. 1 +4= 5 x 2 = 10. So you just need to beat 25 starly's to max your pokemon's speed stat. Makes it so you don't need to waste so much time knocking out 200+ Pokemon.

So any idea why it didn't work the first time I tried with my Emboar?

Dreadnought

Imperador
Years
So any idea why it didn't work the first time I tried with my Emboar?
If you have a level 58 Emboar then it's probably too late to EV train it. A Pokemon has max EVs of 510 and everything you ever killed with it, gave it EVs, so your Emboar will have a bunch of random EVs. You should start EV training as soon as you catch a Pokemon.

Anyway, if you have 252 EVs in a stat you will have an extra 63 points in that stat, when you reach level 100. Not when you level up, so even with 252 EVs in ATK, +4 on a level-up is perfectly fine.

Bluemoon

Bluemoon
Years
Okay i just defeated the elite four for the first time... then iwent to lenora and she told something like : the Driftveil gym leader contacted her that you can get two fossils in twist mountain...
Does this mean that you can get both fossils?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
There is a man that will tell you. I want to say he's in the Mistralton Pokemon Center, but I'm probably wrong. I do know that there is a guy in Pokemon Center next to the counter that will tell you, though. Just a little fuzzy as to which city it is, sorry. :(

Dreadnought

Imperador
Years
There is a man that will tell you. I want to say he's in the Mistralton Pokemon Center, but I'm probably wrong. I do know that there is a guy in Pokemon Center next to the counter that will tell you, though. Just a little fuzzy as to which city it is, sorry. :(
Actually you are correct :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 15, 2011
Thanks guys... I'm trying to breed a Pokemon that has hidden power ice. Any way to improve my chances?

Years
What levels do you guys think my team should be before I face the elite 4? I just got all my Pokemon to level 45 but I don't know if that's good or if I should keep grinding.

Years
  • Age 26
  • U.S.
  • Seen Mar 23, 2014
If I give my ferroseed 40 health wings does that mean it will gain 10 extra hp and is it the same with 40 resist wings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back