• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Giratina themed team (Pkmn White)

Years
I have this team as of now at the 5th gym. When I beat the game, this is their planned sets

Giratina
@Modest nature
-Dragon Claw/Dragon Breath
-Shadow Ball
-Aqua Tail (added for cuteness when got it from the GTS in Platm.)
-Aura Sphere

Dragonbreath casues paryz, which I like.

Misdreavus
@Modest nature
-Nasty Plot
-Shadow Ball
-Power Gem
-Thunderbolt or Ariel Ace

Milokaross
@Modest Nature
-Dragon Pulse
-Surf
-Scald
-Ice Beam/Waterfall

This one doesnt have a good movepool for a water type but I can make this work... I think and she has dragon pulse so she's awesome.

Cherrim
@Modest nature
-Seed Bomb
-Swords Dance
-Petal Dance
-Giga Impact

Cherrim surprised me because it can learn SD. And with seed bomb it's a perfect combination. It doesnt have many moves but I can make this work with some brain power and thinking.

Togekiss
@Quiet Nature
-Nasty Plot
-Fly
-Brick Break/Aura Sphere (but Giratina is going to have this move)
-Flamethrower/Psychic

Dugtrio
@Naughty nature
-Night Slash
-Reversal
-Earthquake
-Tri Attack

Dugtrio by far has the best movepool here.

olih

Who says you can't go home?
Years
Maybe it would be kind of helpful to say what exactly your plan for this team is? Do you want it to center mainly around the whole Giratina theme thing, or do you want to be able to beat the Elite Four? Without a certain reason it's kind of hard to suggest, but I'll offer my opinion. I'm going to kind of go along the line of a strong team, because that's what I'm used to.

Giratina:
If you like Paralysis, then I suggest teaching Giratina Thunder Wave instead, which is actually garanteed to cause Paralysis, unlike DragonBreath which has only a 30 percent chance. Giratina can learn Thunder wave from a TM.

Misdreavus:
Aren't you gonna evolve it? Oh well, if you don't want to that's fine. For Nasty Plot, unless your Misdreavus has a weak Sp Attk or something along those lines, there really is no point to go to the trouble of making it learn an egg move (well it sounds complicated). Instead of Nasty Plot it would be better to teach it Psychic, which it can learn through a TM. As for the last move, it's a better idea to teach it Thunder Bolt, because even though Aerial Ace always hits, it has 35 less power.

Milotic (Milokaross):
Sorry but it's kind of confusing where you have all the English names and then suddenly switch to Japanese. It would be easier if you changed that, maybe? Thanks. For the 4th move it would be better to pick Waterfall, even though it has less power it is still pretty strong and your Milotic will get STAB.

Cherrim:
Hey, I didn't know Cherrim could learn Sword's Dance. That's interesting. But anyways, its moves are good and I can't think of anything else to comment on about it.

Togekiss:
Again, Nasty Plot. Unless there's a specific reason, it's kinda useless to have your Pokemon learn stat changing moves. And I agree with you on the 3rd move, you should teach it Brick Break, because Giratina already has Aura Sphere. It's always good to include a few different Fighting type moves. For the last move I suggest Flamethrower, since you can already have Psychic with Misdreavus.

Dugtrio:
Its moves are fine.

So far, so good! This is a thought out team, though of course anyone can improve. You don't have to follow my opinion if you don't want to. I don't even care if you completely ignore my suggestions, as long as you at least give some thought to them. Well, I wish the best of luck to your Giratina team!

Last edited:
Back