Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Stage
Reload this Page [Other] «Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [IC][T]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Stage This is where the In-Character roleplaying happens. Before you create a thread here, recruit some players in Roleplay Casting. Your very own legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures awaits! Let's go!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old 3 Weeks Ago (12:45 PM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by machomuu.
We'll practice like it's 1999!

Nature: Relaxed
???

"Have you ever heard the tale of The Tortoise and The Hare?" an older, brusque voice rang out, echoing as it bounced off of the walls of a particularly dark room.

"I'm not particularly well versed in the way of Western literature," another voice responded, feminine with something of a Mid-Western American accent.

"The story is about a race between-" The first voice started again, but was cut off.

"A tortoise and a hare," the softer voice cut in, with something of a discontented air it. "The Hare is obviously faster, but in the shock of a century, the Tortoise wins. It's a tale meant to teach the reader that slow and steady wins the race, yeah?"

The masculine voice paused before continuing. "You've...heard this story before?"

The feminine voice let out scoff and retorted with a twinge of irritation. "What? I just told you I don't know jack about Western lit!" A hand smacked down against a hard surface. "I ain't no liar, don't go makin' me out to be one!" After a brief moment of silence, the accented speaker continued, seemingly having calmed down. "It's just basic story structure. If you say two things that have contrasting traits and put them in a situation where one will have the advantage over the other, the probable ending and message are obvious. It's only common sense."

The aged voice let out a sigh, briefly followed by a high-pitched chuckle. "Well, my dear, this version of the story is a bit different. See, in the original, the Tortoise challenges the Hare to a race after being fed up with being looked down on. The Hare is cocky, and it ends up wasting its time on frivolous things, ultimately losing the race. This version, however, is a bit different." A few steps are heard, and suddenly the lights to the room flicker on, revealing a man in a white lab coat who appeared to be in his fifties, his face clothed by a great white full-face beard and white curly hair. Behind him, sitting in a chair, was a red-headed woman in her twenties who had shoulder length hair and sharp eyes betrayed by a face seemingly hailed from Russia. The man, who had told the tale, continued. "In this version, there is a fox."

"A fox?" The girl, who was sitting down, raised her head from her hand as if she had gained interest in the story. "What type of fox? Could it have been the rodent-like Vulpes zerda? Or maybe it was the cute and adorable Vulpes velox, no? Or how about the Vulpes vulpes!" She was practically out of her seat, shaking with excitement as she listed fox names by their scientific names, as if to flaunt her knowledge about foxes.

The bearded man smiled. "It was the red fox. So, that would be...the Vulpes vulpes, am I correct?" The Fox Fanatic nodded her head vigorously. "Yes, well then. The Fox just so happens to come across a squabbling Tortoise and Hare, and she decides to sweeten the deal. She says to the Hare that for every five minutes spent in the race, he will be given one carrot. She then goes to the Tortoise and tells him that if he wins the race, he will be granted happiness. The two then race off. What do you think happens?"

"...Well I have a few questions first." The girl started, raising her hand. "Why do they so easily believe that the fox can grant them those wishes? Do they know the fox? It seems highly illogical for people or animals to simply believe the words of a random stranger who just came up to them and offered them impossible things. And on that note, why would a hare so easily trust its natural predator?" She nods her head to the side. "It just doesn't make sense."

"It's a fable," the man replied, handwaving the girl's questions. "Do not worry about the semantics, merely look at it from a story's perspective as you did before." With this, the girl brought hand to her chin and thought for only a few moments before explaining what she thought may have happened.

"Well, unlike before, the two both had goals in mind...so naturally neither the Tortoise nor the Hare would laze around. This said, the Hare's reward was different from the Tortoise's, and looking back at the first story, he certainly seems the type to harbor a fair bit of avarice. I'd imagine, to take advantage of the Fox's offer, he would try to prolong the race. The Tortoise, on the other hand, had a different goal in mind, and that was to finish the race as quickly as possible." She scratched the back of her neck and paused for an extra few seconds, staring into the table in front of her. "So...the Hare would likely try to play tricks on the Tortoise or distract him, anything from allowing him to get to the end. They both looked squarely at the goals they were given...and time would pass. Given that this is fable, I don't assume ridiculous stretches are out the window. Because of this...I'd say that the race continued for possibly years, until finally the two died, never having gotten what they wanted.

The man's eyes widened, as he was practically speechless. He laughed his high-pitched laugh and clapped heartily. "My, my! Your mind really is top tier; that's basically the entirety of the story! But do you know what the moral is? Do you know why the story ended the way it did?"

The girl looked down again. "I think...it's because the two never really considered any sort of compromise. They were both looking at their goals through their own lenses and butting heads. They weren't averse to each other's ideas, they simply had their own on their mind and only their own, considering nothing else, not even their well-being. They were enemies to each other and to themselves solely because they kept looking forward."

"Exactly." The man said, taking a seat in front of her, giving her a stern look. "But know that it isn't simply because the two had goals that they fell, there is never anything wrong with having a dream or wanting to accomplish something. Understand?" Again, the girl nodded. "These two fell because they had their goals so close to them that they felt they could accomplish them, like a carrot being dangled in front of a horse. It was only because they could see their goal and became consumed by its smell, its feel, and its taste."

"Why are you telling me this, old man?" The girl said, resting her arm over the back of her chair. "I mean, it's a nice life lesson and all, but you generally don't go tellin' me stories out of the blue like that."

"Kayaba is the Fox, and the players are the Tortoise. He presented them with pain and anguish, but he also showed us a symbol of hope: the 100th floor and the final boss. By clearing those, we shall attain 'happiness'."

"So then, the Hare...it must be that guy, right?" The girl added with an unsure look on her face and and a raised eyebrow. "That must be why you're telling me this now, it has to be."

"And you are the Fox," the man said, his hands clasped together.

An even larger question mark showed on the girl's face when she heard this. "Wait, but I thought Kayaba was the Fox." The man remained silent. "...No...no it makes sense. Kayaba is the Fox, but I'm also the Fox. There is never Yin without Yang, and so far only one of the goals has been revealed...happiness. If we look at this another way, that guy's carrots- or in this context, his happiness, lies opposite the 100th floor. The masses' hope is his despair. If I am the Fox, then I must be the one to supplement that hope and bring the image of happiness to him. Which means that if Kayaba is the Yin, I am the Yang...or vice versa, thus collectively making us the Fox."

The man remained silent and stood up, turning his back to the girl. "You realize what you must do, correct?"

The girl did not respond. She simply walked to the door and opened it. "If I am the Fox, he is the Hare, and the players are the Tortoise, you must be..." Quietly, she left, closing the door behind her.
Old 2 Weeks Ago (03:06 PM).
The Legendary Yakuzas

Nature: Rash
Drakath- Level 16 - Exp 73% - 21,293 Col - Floor 5 – Boss Room

After the paralysis wore off they stayed back, avoiding the boss. “Okay, so… Attacking head on isn’t such a good idea. Let’s try a more defensive approach.” Drakath said, “Alright, you want to hold off the tentacles so I can attack them?” Sakurza asked, “Didn’t the guy say to attack randomly and not use strategies or something like that?” Drakath reminded, “That’s why we improvise if things change or go bad.” Sakurza replied and Drakath shrugged, turning to The Ghastlygaze, Okay let’s go, and running off to attack. That’s probably really annoying, just running off like that all the time. Actually, it bothers me sometimes when she does that… Whoa! He hopped to the left to avoid a tentacle, twisted his upper body while cutting upward. “Hey wait up,” Sakurza said as the small head flew past her, “Please stop doing that.”“I will.” Yup, it’s annoying. Drakath and Sakurza fought with their predetermined strategy for a while before being approached by a young 13-ish year old girl with a hammer, “Hey stop being wusses and actually fight. You’re barely doing any damage, so at least clear a path through the tentacles so we can charge this thing.” The girl said it in a bossy fashion, “Allyson? What are you doing here?” Sakurza asked worriedly, “I don’t know anyone named Allyson, my name’s Jamie.” She moved her hair and looked completely different. Sakurza looked away as the girl spoke, “I’m here because couldn’t sit still so I decided to help out and fight the boss.” she said happily. “Watch out!” Drakath yelled, and just in time she jumped away from a stabbing tentacle and ran back to her party. That was close. They were thrown back by a high swipe. Drakath immediately got up and charged the boss, “Drakath wait! We already tried that, it doesn’t work!” Sakurza yelled worried. He ran in, trying to do as much damage as possible before once again being thrown back into Sakurza. She got angry and pushed him off of her and hit him as he got up “You need to be more careful, stop taking so many risks during combat all the time!” Drakath looked at her, “You do it too! We all do!” he said raising his hands, “Yeah but not as much as you do!” She said and pushed his hands down, “I do it when I feel it’s worth it and reasonable.” Drakath responded, “Oh yeah! When? Because I don’t see why or how risking your life in these types of battles is worth it. This isn’t just a game you know, we couldactually die in here!” She yelled, shoving him. “When did you become so quick tempered and mean? You were much nicer the last time we met! What happened to you?” Drakath yelled back, “Well, maybe it’s because I went through some stuff in the time between our last visit and now, and I spent some time thinking about my life! No- our lives!” Her eyes watered, “What do you mean?” he asked, “Seriously?Look around! We are stuck here in a game that we can’t leave, where if we die here we die in real life, and with our bodies slowly decaying in a hospital bed with this stupid helmet on our heads!” She started to cry, “But, we can get out.” Drakath said, “Really, Floor 100! We barely made it to Floor 10 in the beta, now here it’s even harder, and who knows what’s changed?” The game had finally gotten to her, “It not even close to real life! There are monsters here and we’re on a floating cocoon! We don’t bleed, nothing tastes or feels the same, everything blows up when is dies, we don’t get hurt in towns, there’s all this crap on the edges our field of vision, we have things above our heads like we’re playing that one life simulator, we poke objects to do stuff with them, we swipe our hand to open this floating personal phone/backpack thing,” she listed almosteverything unlike real life, “And we use swords, axes, hammers, and stuff on a daily basis, no one does this stuff anymore.” She said, “When did you startc aring so much? This is so un-” “Shut it! If got something to ask me, answer this first. What are we even fighting for?!” Drakath was struck by surprise, Why do we fight…
Old 2 Weeks Ago (07:02 PM).
The Hero of the Skies and Time

Nature: Jolly
Taka the Lovable Poet: Level 14 - 72% Exp - 3000 Col
Ragnorak the Fearsome Fighter: Level 15 - 92% Exp - 3300 Col
ChooChoo the Unstoppable Force: Level 15 - 45% Exp - 4200 Col
Floor 5: The Boss Room, Baby!
Hell Yeah! They Fightin' the Boss, Baby!

"THE BOSS ROOM! HURRY!" Taka shouted to his two companions, rushing through the wide open door. "QUICKLY, BEFORE IT SHUTS!"

ChooChoo and Ragnorak pushed themselves harder as they saw the doors shutting. "Come on, baby!" Cain shouted as they dove forward, narrowly escaping the gnashing of the doors. They had all made it. But barely.

They had arrived just in time to here a man speak, "Don't team up! This boss can only be defeated when the attacks aren't in order. Let's confuse him! Ready? GO!"

Taka looked to his companions, a grin on his face. "Dis-organization? We've got this!" Without waiting for a reply, he drew Poetic Justice and rushed forward, hacking at every tentacle he could find. "TAKE THIS, FOUL DEMON!" Although the bard warrior had come to terms with his mortality, the same vigor that filled him in the first boss fight filled him now. "FALL TO MY BLADE!" He roared as he slammed his massive blade into a nearby tentacle, knocking it away from him. As he whirled through the battlefield, he noticed a familiar character with white hair at the front of the battle line. "ROBIN!" He called and slashed his way forward. He came to the side of the leader and grinned, fighting off tentacle after tentacle. "My friend! What a lovely day for a boss fight!" He grunted with effort as he swung his sword clear through a tentacle. "It's a pleasure to fight with you again! Where do you need me?"

Ragnorak and ChooChoo simply watched as Taka ran off into the fray, both groaning and grinning. "That dudes crazy, man." Cain laughed and drew Dragon's Fang, his own greatsword. "Let's tear these b!tches up!" He let out a loud whoop and charged forward into the mass. "CHOO CHOO, BABY! I AIN'T KNOW STEAM ENGINE! I'M A BULLET TRAIN!" The red haired warrior tore into the tentacles, whirling his sword every which direction in an attempt to stave the encroaching threats. "YOU CAN'T BEAT ME, BABY! I'M OFF TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP!"

Ragnorak simply roared as he charged forward, looking like the very definition of a viking berserker. The only audible noise coming from his mouth was an unintelligible roar as he swung his axe in every which direction, clipping tentacles left and right. It seemed that three of the most rambunctious, chaotic players in the game were released onto one monster.

One would almost feel bad for the boss.
"Even though I am Hylia reborn, I am still my father's daughter, and your friend. I'm still your Zelda... So I'm going to ask you a favor, sleepyhead. Ever since we were kids, I'd always be the one to wake you up when you slept in. But this time, when all of this is over, will you come to wake me up?"
- Zelda
Old 2 Weeks Ago (02:43 PM).
Hey hoo~

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz

Lucina
Player level 17
Floor 5: Boss room

Lucina made her way too the boss room after this whole awkward situation that Mamoru set up. She still didn't feel comfortable around Robin now that she knew he was that guy from her past but atleast she knew now that she shouldn't tell Mamoru these things because he'll try things like making them meet on purpose like wat happened just now. Oh the regret she felt...

As the painful look remained on her face she entered the 5th floor soon. It was past 1 pm so the guy that send her that message already had begun his speech. Somehow every "leader" found that mandatory. Lucina was more interested in the fact if a PKer will try to kill him too. Somehow this has happened in every boss fight up until now. Lucina continued listening until the end and as it finally sarted, Lucina wasn't the first to run inside this time. She entered the room in her own pace and adjusted her hood as she looked around. This boss was literally an all seeing eye...

The boss fight started soon after and Lucina saw people teaming up even after what Devon said about teaming up. Lucina sighed and started with hitting the tentacles of this boss. You had to hit those to get to the eye after all. Everything seemed to be going well until Lucina noticed her HP was going down rapidly. The tentacles poison resulted in the poisoned status. A status effect that Lucina really couldn't use in combination with her bleeding status. Lucina was more focused on her health bar now than on the the tentacles of this boss.

While Lucina was searching for a potion and antidote she could use, she drawed the attention of the Ghastlygaze because she was so close to it. As he was about to bite her with all his remaining tentacles, leaving the other players to be in the meanwhile and the opportunity to attack it's back. When Lucina noticed what was happening and was taken down to the floor by the tentacles one by one she noticed something far worse. The huge eye of this thing was starting to glow and something that started glowing was never good.

Within a few second his eye was fully charged and shoot a light beam with Lucina as it's target. Lucina couldn't get away in time so once it had hit her, her HP was left with just 2%. When she saw just that she started panicking. He was charging a tentacle at her again and she still had this bleeding status. She was also on the ground so she was on a huge disadvantage here, making it literally impossible for her to escape thus to survive this attack...

------
«Lucina's white dress» [unequipped]
«Falchion» [unequipped]

Lacy
Player level 15
Floor 4: Lobria, Lotus inn.

Lacy was somehow glad that Vanish said he had been here for just a few minutes at the most. She felt like she had made him wait so it was relieving. As Vanish said Lacy could tell him anything she felt a little hesitation within her. She wasn't one to reveal her secrets this easily though... she kind of felt like she could really tell him anything... Yet she still felt a little danger.

"Well... it's a little bit complicated..." Lacy said as she sighed. "It's a long story but I'll sumarize it." Lacy smiled at him gently and made herself ready to tell him a story. It took a few seconds before she knew how to tell him without making him listen too long. "I haven't been here as long as everyone... It all started when my older sister bought this game and Nerve Gear and when I wasn't able to get it whe agreed to share a character and named her "Lucina". Lucina as my sister's appearence now. I bought this game and Nerve Gear from a black market. I really don't wanna know where that guy got it but at least I was able to follow my sister inside this game but... I now realize she would be very angry if she'd find out and would most likely give her life I was ever to get into real trouble. I decided that my existance within this game has to be a secret from her." Lacy explained. It still didn't come out right and Lacy was getting ready to hear the "getting inside this game was probably the stupidest thing you could do" talk.

-------

«Cloak of courage» [equipped]
«Hair dye: Violet» [applied]

Sisters
Theme
Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old 2 Weeks Ago (04:29 PM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by ShinyDiamond.
«Dual Wield» User
Crystal Tier

Nature: Bashful

Robin - Lvl 13
Floor 5: Boss Room
HP: 86% - EXP: 87% - Col: 6148

Spoiler:

"Agh!" Robin was having trouble timing his dodges & parrying the tentacles bites. This Ghastlygaze was much different from the Beta test. Still, there's no way Robin would run away.

The doors were closed anyway, no one can just run away.

Robin could hear everyone's struggle. They all had the same goal in mind, which seems impossible right now. He could barely focus cutting down the tentacles while keeping an eye on everyone else. He spotted Lucina nearby. Was she giving it her all? She was having more trouble than the other players. She not about to...?! "ROBIN!" That voice sounded familiar. Was that supposed to be...?

"My friend! What a lovely day for a boss fight!" In the flesh, Taka came out of nowhere, fighting off the tentacles to assist Robin. He was that guy who was close on par with Mamoru in being out there. At least Robin wasn't fighting with some stranger, that's something. Another tentacle shot its teeth at Robin, which he ducked in time before backing away. "Boss fights aren't to be taken lightly! Just focus!" Taka tends to put on the theatrics, but Robin wouldn't have that since this battle was a matter of life & death.

Robin soon heard a girl's small scream. Looking over, he saw Lucina knocked down by the Ghastlygaze, from a beam, with its tentacles about to lunge for her. He can see that her HP was down, like, REALLY down, & it was still going down! "It's a pleasure to fight with you again! Where do you need me?" Taka couldn't have asked for a better time to ask that. Robin knocked a tentacle of his own back & quickly turned his gaze torwards Tak.

"Cover me!" He then lunges for Lucina, just knocking the tentacles away, just barely, putting a little strain in his sword arm. He quickly gets out two crystals, a green & peach blossom, & shouts out a command,"Heal!" The crystals dissipate as they heal Lucina & her poisoned status. Robin picks her up & puts her a distance from the tentacles, then turns back to fight them off, "You're supposed to be watching yourself! There's still too much we don't know about this boss, don't just heroize & get yourself killed!" Robin grunted at Lucina, just barely pushing back some tentacles. He uses Beautiful Luna just knock away more tentacles than there were, still not enough to create an opening. All he could do was fight back the tentacles, Taka helping from the side. But maybe, there might be a way, whatever it was.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old 1 Week Ago (06:48 AM).
The Hero of the Skies and Time

Nature: Jolly
Taka the Lovable Poet: Level 14 - 72% Exp - 3000 Col
Ragnorak the Fearsome Fighter: Level 15 - 92% Exp - 3300 Col
ChooChoo the Unstoppable Force: Level 15 - 45% Exp - 4200 Col
Floor 5: The Boss Room, Baby!
It's Hard Being a Hero, Baby.

The greeting Taka received from Robin was a stern, "Boss fights aren't to be taken lightly! Just focus!" The white haired warrior seemed focused on the battle...and even more on the fallen Lucina, merely feet away. "Cover me!" Robin called as he lunged forward to retrieve his fallen comrade.

"Right! You can count on me!" Taka dashed forward and slapped aside tentacle after tentacle as he guarded Robin. A certain determination entered his voice as he dodged and parried each tentacle. As Robin pulled the semi-conscious girl to a safe distance. Taka jogged over to them and grinned. "Excellent rescue. But there's still work to be done." He turned to face the GhastlyGaze, his sword held at the ready. "I think I have an idea!" He glanced around the room until he found his two companions. "RAGNAROK! CAIN! HERE!"

The two red-headed warriors jogged over. Both of them were in relatively good shape, despite the tentacle onslaught. Cain grinned and brushed the red hair out of his face and laughed. "Yo, Taka. What is it?" His buster blade was covered in pixelated Ghastly goo.

Taka pointed to the GhastlyGaze and grinned. "I was thinking that, since we have the largest weapons in the room," He gestured to Poetic Justice, Dragon's Fang, and North Wind. "That we can form a wall of sorts so we can get close to the boss."

Ragnarok nodded, his eyes narrowing in thought. "I think that's a good idea. I'll be in the center." He started whirling his like a staff. The head formed a perfect circle, making a perfect shield. "Everyone, get behind me. I'm going in." With that, he began to make his way towards the boss at a slow rate.

Cain let out a loud, "WOO, BABY! LET'S DO THIS!" He ran forward, sword in hand, and began to chop away at the tentacles. Ragnarok's axe was doing an excellent job of cutting everything that attempted to make it through.

Taka sighed and chuckled as he looked back at Robin and Lucina. "I think this is our best option at getting closer." He looked at his fellow warriors and laughed aloud. "Forward ho!" He charged forward and began to cut away at everything that came close to him. The three warriors were making excellent progress. Hopefully they would make progress this excellent throughout the battle.
"Even though I am Hylia reborn, I am still my father's daughter, and your friend. I'm still your Zelda... So I'm going to ask you a favor, sleepyhead. Ever since we were kids, I'd always be the one to wake you up when you slept in. But this time, when all of this is over, will you come to wake me up?"
- Zelda
Old 6 Days Ago (04:49 PM).
The Legendary Yakuzas

Nature: Rash
Sakurza - Level 15 - Exp 97% - 19,064 Col - Floor 5 – Boss Room

Before Drakath could react or say anything, a beam of light split between the two and knocked them over, halving their health. They looked at the Ghastlygaze and saw its eye darken to its normal lighting. Another player had been knocked over, presumably the boss's target, with very little health left and a tentacle above them. What was that attack! Sakurza wondered before hurriedly getting up and running around the boss to flank it. Since the fallen player clearly had the boss's attention, Sakurza started rapidly slashing its back. A tentacle reached around and dashed at her back. She jumped to the side just before it hit, causing it to bite itself. Did I just poison the boss? She checked its health, Ha! It's poisoned... She continued to do this until the boss did something different, Man this thing's stupid. Oh crap! This time when she jumped, the tentacle quickly turned and wrapped around her ankle. It lifted her up above the rest of the boss, hanging upside down. She dropped her sword when it yanked her up so she couldn't attack it to get down. She curled up, grabbed the tentacle, and tried to force it off. It wouldn't budge so instead, she forced its mouth open an shoved her fist down it. It unwrapped around her ankle and jerked back, dropping her. She fell, spinning with enough speed to blur her vision, and in the second of focus she had, all she saw was the floor. There was a loud thud sound. She looked around, making sure no one saw her, and since no one was looking at her, she assumed she wasn't seen, considering the size of The Ghastlygaze and how fast she fell. After that, she struggled to get up and away from the tentacle she attacked. She reached for her sword and remembered it wasn't there, so she ran to and slid under the boss and grabbed her sword. She stabbed the boss and ran off while she used a healing crystal. She went to the side of the room, away from the boss, and relaxed...
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links